|This article is about a/an Gedoushu rider in Kamen Rider Decade and Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.|
Chinomanako (チノマナコ) is an antagonist in the 2009 Kamen Rider Series Kamen Rider Decade.
Unlike other new characters in Decade, Chinomanako is not an original character put into a previous Kamen Rider Series' continuity, but is rather a character in the continuity of the Super Sentai Series, Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.
Chinomanako appears in both series, but is the main antagonist in the episodes of Decade, in which he appears.
- 1 History
- 2 Forms
- 3 Equipment
- 4 Behind the Scenes
- 5 Notes
- 6 Appearances
- 7 See Also
- 8 References
- 9 External Link
Kamen Rider Decade
The Arrival of the Samurai Sentai
Chinomanako was an Ayakashi sent by Shitari of the Bones to investigate the appearances of Kamen Rider Diend. Wandering in the real world, he witness the battle between Kamen Rider Diend and Shinken Gold. He quickly jumps onto the scene and steals Diend's Diendriver.
After having a short laugh at Kaito’s expense, Tsukasa transformed into Decade, using the power of Den-O in both regular and Complete Form. As he about to finish Chinomanako with Densha Giri, he escaped at the last moment. Figuring out the Diendriver's usage, he inserts the Diend Kamen Ride Card and shoots it above him. Transformed into a monstrous version of Kamen Rider Diend, Chinomanako summons a mass of Nanashi to attack the mortal realm to Narutaki's horror of the newly born abomination.
Heretic Rider, Go Forth!
Chinomanako summoned an army of Nanashi to take care of the Shinkengers, but they easily defeated them. After finding Chinomanako Diend, Tsukasa joins the battle just as Chinomanako and his summoned Eagle Undead and Moose Fangire have overpowered the Shinkengers and Kuuga. Decade and Shinken Red fight Chinomanako, who has summoned Kamen Rider Blade to fight with him. The other Shinkengers and Kuuga manage to destroy the Eagle Undead and Moose Fangire as Decade becomes Complete Form and uses the powers of Blade King Form to attack Chinomanako. Using the Blade Final Form Ride Card, he transforms Chinomanako's Blade into the Blade Blade before switching weapons with Shinken Red to use active Rekka Daizantou Attack Ride Card to destroy Chinomanako, saving the world.
Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen
Chinomanako was a part of the Dai Zangyack army that fought alongside Captain Marvelous until the whole team defected and teamed up with Dai-Shocker before their former leaders reveal their true colors as well. Chinomanako was last seen against Kamen Rider Amazon.
Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z
Chinomanako was part of an army of resurrected (mostly Super Sentai) monsters led by Space Raider after the revival of Madou Demon King Psycho. They proceeded to attack the gathering of Kamen Riders and Super Sentai. Chinomanako helped beat Kamen Rider OOO with Rhino Doubler and Action Commanders Stargull and Sneak Brother. The heroes of recent years were in a pinch until the arrival of a force of Sentai and Rider reinforcements led by Akarenger and Kamen Rider 1. The combined forces of superheroes were able to turn the tide against the Madou army, with Chinomanako being beaten back by Kamen Rider 2. They lined up and used their various finisher attacks to destroy the revived monsters.
Chinomanako (チノマナコ) is an Ayakashi, a malevolent spirit used by the Gedoushu to wreak havoc in the living world in order to flood the banks of the Sanzu River. In the continuity of Shinkenger, all of the Ayakashi are actually the basis of creatures from the mythology of Japan. In the case of Chinomanako, he is the inspiration behind the Mokumokuren (目目連) in Japanese myth. His name roughly translates into "Blood Sea Cucumber".
- Powers and Abilities
- Human World Travel
- Chinomanako and other residents of Sanzu River can travel themselves into human world via narrow hole gaps.
- Second Life
- Chinomanako and most Ayakashi possessed a second life that granted them the chance to live again as a giant upon being defeated by Shinkengers. But after he utilizes the Diendriver, this ability was forsaken.
- Weapon Corruption
- Upon gaining the Diendriver, it seemed that the weapon's power was corrupted with most of it's power bounded to Chinomanako and his Mokumokuren attributes. As shown, the weapon fires energy eyeballs instead of energy blasts and Diend's regular symbol was changed to fit his Rider Form.
- Enhanced Condition
- After becoming Diend, Chinomanako no longer needed to rehydrate himself with the Sanzu River and can withstand longer times in the human world.
Appearances: Decade Episodes 24-25, Super Hero Taisen, Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z.
- "Kamen Ride: Diend!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Height: 207 cm
- Weight: 138 kg
- Punching power: 6 t.
- Kicking power: 8 t.
- Maximum jump height: 30 m.
- Maximum run speed: 100 m. per 5 sec.
Because of the arrival of Tsukasa and Daiki to his world, Chinomanako obtains the Diendriver (ディエンドライバー Diendoraibā), which he then uses to become an "Ayakashi Rakider" (アヤカシラカイダー Ayakashi Rakaidā) called Chinomanako Diend Formation (チノマナコ・ディエンド変身態 Chinomanako Diendo Henshintai). As a result, he no longer needs the waters of the Sanzu River to survive within the mortal realm but cannot revive and grow. In addition to Kamen Ride Cards, Chinomanako uses Kaijin Ride (カイジンライド Kaijin Raido) Cards which give him the ability to summon monsters from other Kamen Rider Series. In addition, Chinomanako can summon the Nanashi Company (ナナシ連中 Nanashi Renjū) through the gaps in the design of the Diend Barcode armor.
- Diendriver - Transformation item
- Rider Cards - Cards used for transformation and attacks
- Diend Belt - A belt worn around Chinomanako Diend's waist which resembles the Decadriver.
- Card Holder - A card holder which Chinomanako Diend use to contain his Rider Cards.
Behind the Scenes
Chinomanako is voiced by Ryūzaburō Ōtomo (大友 龍三郎 Ōtomo Ryūzaburō).
- He is one of the few Ayakashi that were not adapted into Nighloks. The others were Nakinakite, Hachouchin, Sasamatage, Urawadachi, Kugutsukai, and Madakodama.
- This is because Kamen Rider Decade doesn't have an American counterpart, and American adaptations of Kamen Rider as a whole are rare. The only time that there has ever been a KR adaptation is Kamen Rider Black RX (used as Masked Rider).
- According by Narutaki he is the first and last Kamen Rider originate in the World of Shinkenger.
- Chinomanako's role is similar to Gavan Bootleg in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger vs. Space Sheriff Gavan in that both are villains in a crossover between Super Sentai and another Tokusatsu franchise, and both are based on the heroes of the other franchise. Chinomanako becomes a cross between Ayakashi and Kamen Rider Diend while Gavan Bootleg is based off Space Sheriff Gavan and made by the Space Empire Zangyack.
- Chinomanko Diend Formation' head, chestplate, and shoulder pads were retooled into Another Diend's suit in Kamen Rider Zi-O NEXT TIME: Geiz, Majesty.
- Kamen Rider Decade
- Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen
- Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z
- Chinomanako in Kamen Rider Official Website.
- Kamen Rider Chinomanako Diend in Kamen Rider Official Website.