|This article is about a/an episode in Kamen Rider Saber.|
Chapter 2: The Water Swordsman, Along With a Blue Lion. (水の剣士、青いライオンとともに。 Mizu no Kenshi, Aoi Raion to Tomoni.) is the second episode of Kamen Rider Saber. It features Rintaro Shindo's first transformation into Kamen Rider Blades and the debut of Sophia, Saber Dragon Jackun, and Peter Fantasista Wonder Ride Book. Kento Fukamiya briefly appears in this episode.
Entrusted with the powers of the Sword of Flames, Touma Kamiyama has saved the city from a dreadful incident! But the mysteries surrounding the sword, the books, and this strange new world only deepened! Soon, Rintaro Shindo appears before Touma, acting as a swordsman from the Sword of Logos organization, who have been protecting these "books imbued with power" since ancient times! After taking him to the Northern Base of their organization, he starts to reveal some unbelievable facts to Touma!
- "Greetings everyone, Bonne lecture! I am currently devoted with the activities of novelist, Touma Kamiyama. A book monster sent the city to a mysterious world. However, Touma obtained an amazing sword and book, using them to become a Kamen Rider! He defeated the monster, saved the city, and bringing it back to the real world."
Rintaro made a surprising entrance to Touma's bookstore by riding a blue lion, he made an apology for doing it because he thought that it was an ethic of people from the normal realm to not enter someone's home with the shoes on. Mei and Touma immediately told Rintaro in panic that it was true but that doesn't mean for him to enter with riding a lion since it was looked weirder. Rintaro in panic called back his lion to return to his Lion Senki Ride Book and tried to confirm Touma and Mei that he wasn't a suspicious person. While Touma and Mei told him that they couldn't believe it, Rintaro immediately explain about Touma's Brave Dragon and Rintaro's mission as the member of Sword of Logos to protect the world and anyone who wielded the power of Wonder Ride Book would have their life in danger. Rintaro begged Touma to hand over his Ride Book and Seiken Swordriver, but Touma refused as he claimed that it was important. Confused and before he would explain the situation again, Rintaro was called to take Touma into their base. Rintaro immediately accept and use Book Gate Wonder Ride Book towards Touma's back door to connect it with the Sword of Logos' base, taking Touma to the base.
In the base, Touma was introduced the current director of the organization, Sophia. Sophia explained to Touma about the current danger of his world was facing because of the evil organization named Megid. Rintaro immediately accepted Touma as a new member because Sophia declared that Touma was deemed worthy to be the successor of Kamen Rider Saber.
Next day, Megid started to make their move and set a new plan so their mission wouldn't be halted. Rintaro and Touma entered the site alongside Mei, forcing herself to join the fray because it seemed to be fun for a live sight. Once they have entered, Rintaro yelled at Mei before he finally showed his form as Kamen Rider Blades, the water swordsman. While Rintaro fought of an army of Ari Megid, the current monsters that making the uproar, Touma and Mei helped with evacuated the civilians until the queen of Ari Megid and Kirigirisu Megid, a mantis Megid which leading the fray appeared. While Touma and Rintaro had the advantage to face them all, they were forced to retreat when Mei was caught in an attack from Kirigirisu Megid.
The wound on Mei wasn't a normal one and to restore it, Kirigirisu must be defeated. But in the current state of the world, Sophia deemed that it might be too late to safe it. Touma refused to accept defeat after remembering that the Megid's job were close to finish and there was still a time, being warned by Sophia that being brave and reckless were two different things, but Touma replied by saying the very similar words of the previous Saber, surprising Sophia and it unlocked a safe which keeping a Ridebook for Saber. Touma and Rintaro returned to the battlefield with Touma used the new Ridebook, Diago Speedy.
In the last fight, Touma hunted the queen of Ari Megid while Rintaro used his Gatrikephone as a ride to hunt the Kirigirisu Megid. Touma succeeded to destroy the queen, but Rintaro got distracted by many of Ari Megid army. During the fight, Touma handed Jackun-to-Domamenoki to Rintaro as a sign of his target's defeat. Rintaro used the new Ride Book to show Touma on how to use it, destroying the army in a second by scanning the book towards the point of his Suiseiken Nagare. Touma used the book in a different way, accessing the new form of Saber Brave Jack, chasing Kirigirisu with Jack's power created a path with its vine. Touma destroyed Kirigirisu Megid with his Rider Kick, Dragon Wonder, thus restoring the city to its proper state.
Rintaro was happy to have a reliable ally and permitted Touma to call him 'Rintaro-san' as a sign that they were close. Mei came to them and said that she would help by gathering information and scammed Rintaro with a chocolate cake as she noticed that Rintaro wanted to taste it during their first encounter. Just then, a young man suddenly appeared in Touma's bookstore while riding a flying carpet.
- Touma Kamiyama (神山 飛羽真 Kamiyama Tōma): Syuichiro Naito (内藤 秀一郎 Naitō Shūichirō)
- Rintaro Shindo (新堂 倫太郎 Shindō Rintarō): Takaya Yamaguchi (山口 貴也 Yamaguchi Takaya)
- Mei Sudo (須藤 芽依 Sudō Mei): Asuka Kawazu (川津 明日香 Kawazu Asuka)
- Kento Fukamiya (富加宮 賢人 Fukamiya Kento): Ryo Aoki (青木 瞭 Aoki Ryō)
- Storious (ストリウス Sutoriusu): Robin Furuya (古屋 呂敏 Furuya Robin)
- Legeiel (レジエル Rejieru): Kairu Takano (高野 海琉 Takano Kairu)
- Zooous (ズオス Zuosu): Koji Saikawa (才川 コージ Saikawa Kōji)
- Kamen Rider Calibur (仮面ライダーカリバー Kamen Raidā Karibā, Voice): Hiroyuki Hirayama (平山浩行 Hirayama Hiroyuki) (Uncredited)
- Tassel (タッセル Tasseru): Les Romanesques TOBI (レ・ロマネスクTOBI Re Romanesuku Tobī)
- Sophia (ソフィア Sofia): Rina Chinen (知念 里奈 Chinen Rina)
- Narrator, Seiken Swordriver, Wonder Ride Books: Akio Otsuka (大塚 明夫 Ōtsuka Akio)
- Seiken Swordriver: Eizo Sakamoto (坂本 英三 Sakamoto Eizō)
- Luna (ルナ Runa): Miku Okamoto (岡本 望来 Okamoto Miku)
- Ari Megid (アリメギド Ari Megido, voice), Kirigirisu Megid (キリギリスメギド Kirigirisu Megido, voice): Akinori Egoshi (江越彬紀 Egoshi Akinori)
- Kamen Rider Saber: Kosuke Asai (浅井 宏輔 Asai Kōsuke)
- Kamen Rider Blades: Eitoku (永徳 Eitoku)
- Kamen Rider Calibur: Kenji Tominaga (富永 研司 Tominaga Kenji)
- Ari Megid: Danki Sakae (榮 男樹 Sakae Danki)
- Kirigirisu Megid: Shogo Teramoto (寺本 翔悟 Teramoto Shōgo)
Forms and Collectibles Used
- Book Used:
- Brave Dragon, Diago Speedy, Jackun-to-Domamenoki
- Lion Senki, Jackun-to-Domamenoki (scanned in Suiseiken Nagare)
- Jaaku Dragon
- Form Used:
- Brave Dragon, Dragon Jackun
- Lion Senki
- Jaaku Dragon
- When Saber transforms into his Dragon Jackun form, the right Transformation Page of Lion Senki was used instead of Jackun-to-Domamenoki's. This error was fixed in the Tencent Video release.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Mashin Sentai Kiramager episode 23, Episode 23: Mabushina's Mother.
- Closing Screen Wonder Ride Books
- Kamen Riders: Blades
- Wonder Ride Books: Lion Senki
- Wonder World Text Translation Page
- Wonder Ride Books: Lion Senki
- Alter Ride Books: Ari Ka Kirigirisu
- Count at episode end
- Wonder Ride Books in Saber's possession: Brave Dragon, Jackun-to-Domamenoki, Peter Fantasista, Diago Speedy
- Wonder Ride Books in Blades' possession: Lion Senki, Book Gate
- Wonder Ride Books in Calibur' possession: Jaaku Dragon
- The opening sequence plays for the first time in this episode, as it is traditionally skipped during the first episode.
- Coincidentally, this episode aired on "Kaixa Day" (9/13/2020), a meme holiday partaken by many Kamen Rider fans to celebrate the "inner jerkiness" of Masato Kusaka/Kamen Rider Kaixa.
- Furthermore, Masato also happens to be the secondary Rider of his series, like Rintaro who has his debut transformation in this episode.
- Kento Fukamiya entering Fantastic Bookstore Kamiyama via a magic carpet might be a nod to Aladdin, the folk tale Espada is based off of.
- When Rintaro opens the Book Gate Wonder Ride Book to the headquarter of Sword of Logos, Mei calls it an Anywhere Door (どこでもドア Dokodemodoa), a reference to the gadget used by Doraemon.
- TV Asahi's official episode guide for 水の剣士、青いライオンとともに。
- KR Official's official episode guide for 水の剣士、青いライオンとともに。
- JAE's official episode guide for 青いライオンとともに。