|This article is about a/an episode in Kamen Rider Saber.|
Chapter 1: In The Beginning, There Was a Flame Swordsman. (はじめに、炎の剣士あり。 Hajime ni, Honō no Kenshi Ari.) is the first episode of Kamen Rider Saber and the start of the first arc which would end with Episode 16.
Renowned novelist and owner of the Fantastic Kamiyama Bookstore, Touma Kamiyama wakes up after witnessing the same dream, where Wonder World invades the Real World! There in the midst of a war between several Kamen Riders, Touma is unable to save a little girl who pleads for help, until she was suddenly saved by a swordsman! A Wonder Ride Book was left in Touma's hands as he wonders "Why do I have this?" "I think I'm forgetting something important... Something I must do." Touma takes his editor in charge of his latest manuscript, Mei, to present a copy of his book to Ryota when in town for their birthday. Just then, the color of the sky suddenly changes, as strange things start to happen! The world as Touma knows it is about to change right before his very eyes...!
- "Greetings everyone, Bonne lecture! My name is Tassel. This may sound a bit sudden but books are quite amazing aren't they?! Absolutely anything can be found in books, like unknown knowledge or new experiences. Once upon a time, the world we live in was created from an extraordinary book. That book is the source of all myths, stories, living creatures, scientific techniques, and such more, as well as containing human history. The swordsmen that were chosen by the Holy Blade have been keeping peace protecting that book. But one day, some bad people appeared to snatch it away, and the book was shattered! The battle between the two sides has continued for many years and they fight even to this day..."
Touma Kamiyama dreamed of his childhood past about a mysterious old man who was a red fire swordsman, telling him that beyond the despair, there is a hope. Touma always felt to be haunted by the dream because he thought that it was important, yet he couldn't remember. Just when he just thought about it and looking at a mysterious book entitled Brave Dragon that always with him, Mei Sudo, the editor of his novel came to him for asking the update of his novel progress. Touma answered that he would finish it soon, but before he started to go, he opened his book store and many children came in for the storytelling. After Touma had entertained the children, he told Mei that he had a promise to give a book for a kid for his birthday party.
In a mysterious place, an evil group with the member to be consisted of Legeiel, Zooous, Storious, and Kamen Rider Calibur talked about to start their new beginning to remake the world. They later summoned a golem monster from a Golem Alter Book, named Golem Megid to start his job to alter the world. Meanwhile, Touma and Mei visited the kid in a park with his parents were working. As Touma gave the book, the surrounding area started to change, forcing all citizens within the area to be trapped in a divided world consisting Phantasm phenomena surrounding them and they were unable to get out from their space. The kid with Touma were also trapped and cried, making Touma to calm him by a promise that he would protect him until he met his parents. Just then, Golem Meggido arrived and started a chaos surrounding the area, making the citizens panic. During this moment, a man with blue outfit named Rintaro Shindo, ran in panic to the side as he knew the danger upon the area.
Touma bravely encountered the Golem Megid and demanded to know the book it held to make the cause. Golem Meggido arrogantly explained that he would alter the world with the power of the book, making Touma angry and recklessly attacking him. Touma was beaten up badly, but the proof of his determination had awakened the mysterious book that he held all this time, giving Touma a saber named Kaenken Rekka and its sheath named Seiken Swordriver. Touma felt that the sword was calling for him to be reached and grabbed it, he used his Brave Dragon to become the same Flame Swordsman in his dream, named Kamen Rider Saber. The evil organzation and Rintaro, just as he arrived on the scene witness the birth of Saber.
Touma as Saber put a great advantage to face off Golem Meggido. Golem Meggido even made an attempt to change the area for his advantage, but no avail as Touma able to handle Golem Meggido in ease and finished him off with a Rider Slash. The defeat of Golem Meggido led the area and the citizens to return to their belonged place. At night in Touma's bookstore, Mei screamed as the scenery picture which she had taken with her smartphone were somehow became a pitch black picture, Touma tried to ease her feeling but then, Rintaro arrived in the bookstore while riding a blue lion, asking Touma to hand over Seiken Swordriver and Brave Dragon Wonder Ridebook to him in polite and it surprised out Touma and Mei.
- Touma Kamiyama (神山 飛羽真 Kamiyama Tōma): Syuichiro Naito (内藤 秀一郎 Naitō Shūichirō)
- Rintaro Shindo (新堂 倫太郎 Shindō Rintarō): Takaya Yamaguchi (山口 貴也 Yamaguchi Takaya)
- Mei Sudo (須藤 芽依 Sudō Mei): Asuka Kawazu (川津 明日香 Kawazu Asuka)
- Storious (ストリウス Sutoriusu): Robin Furuya (古屋 呂敏 Furuya Robin)
- Legeiel (レジエル Rejieru): Kairu Takano (高野 海琉 Takano Kairu)
- Zooous (ズオス Zuosu): Koji Saikawa (才川 コージ Saikawa Kōji)
- Daichi Kamijo (上條 大地 Kamijō Daichi): Hiroyuki Hirayama (平山浩行 Hirayama Hiroyuki)
- Tassel (タッセル Tasseru): Les Romanesques TOBI (レ・ロマネスクTOBI Re Romanesuku Tobī)
- Narrator, Seiken Swordriver, Wonder Ride Books: Akio Otsuka (大塚 明夫 Ōtsuka Akio)
- Seiken Swordriver: Eizo Sakamoto (坂本 英三 Sakamoto Eizō)
- Luna (ルナ Runa): Miku Okamoto (岡本 望来 Okamoto Miku)
- Touma Kamiyama (Child): Iori Maekawa (前川伊織 Maekawa Iori)
- Ryota (亮太 Ryōta): Rento Nishiyama (西山蓮都 Nishiyama Rento)
- Tooru (亨 Tōru): Ikuya Enokizono (榎木薗郁也 Enokizono Ikuya)
- Misa (美沙): Anna Konno (今野杏南 Konno Anna)
- Kids: Yuno Ōta (太田 結乃 Ōta Yuno), Shiu Kamu (甘詩羽 Kamu Shiu), Ichika Takeuchi (竹内一加 Takeuchi Ichika), Shuga Murakami (村上秋峨 Murakami Shūga)
- Golem Megid (ゴーレムメギド Gōremu Megid, Voice): Hiroshi Shirokuma (白熊 寛嗣 Shirokuma Hiroshi)
- Kamen Rider Saber: Kosuke Asai (浅井 宏輔 Asai Kōsuke)
- Kamen Rider Calibur: Kenji Tominaga (富永 研司 Tominaga Kenji)
- Storious: Takuma Komori (小森 拓真 Komori Takuma)
- Legeiel: Danki Sakae (榮 男樹 Sakae Danki)
- Zooous: Shogo Teramoto (寺本 翔悟 Teramoto Shōgo)
- Golem Megid: Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko)
Forms and Collectibles Used
- Book Used:
- Brave Dragon
- Jaaku Dragon
- Form Used:
- Brave Dragon
- Jaaku Dragon
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Mashin Sentai Kiramager episode 22, Episode 22: Are You Prepared? The Witch is There.
- Closing Screen Wonder Ride Books
- Kamen Riders: Saber
- Wonder Ride Books: Brave Dragon
- Wonder World Text Translation Page
- Wonder Ride Books: Brave Dragon
- Count at episode end
- Wonder Ride Books in Saber's possession: Brave Dragon
- Wonder Ride Books in Blades' possession: Lion Senki, Book Gate
- Wonder Ride Books in Calibur's possession: Jaaku Dragon
- Although Touma was seen using his Dragon Jackun form against Golem Megid in the series trailer, the said form was nowhere to be seen in this episode as he was seen only using the Brave Dragon form because he had yet to come into possession of the Jackun-to-Domamenoki Wonder Ride Book.
- The young boy getting separated from his parents for a while in the series' first episode is a callback to the first episodes of Kamen Rider Kuuga and Kamen Rider Gaim, both of which had similar events. The variation is that the kid in this episode knows the protagonist, Touma.
- As with most premiere episodes, the opening sequence is skipped while the opening song is played in the background.
- Within the book store is a copy of The Forest Wizard, a book read by Shunpei Nara from Kamen Rider Wizard.
- Production-wise, the ending theme sequence features the first on-screen (albeit non-canon) appearance of Kamen Rider Espada.
- TV Asahi's official episode guide for はじめに、炎の剣士あり。
- KR Official's official episode guide for はじめに、炎の剣士あり。
- JAE's official episode guide for はじめに、炎の剣士あり。
- Her name was shouted by Touma in a flashback sequence of Kamen Rider Saber Prologue