The Support Robots is the term given to the robot-like "gadget helpers" of certain Kamen Riders. They are usually used for reconnaissance, but can have a wider range of function depending upon the type. The first Support Robots appeared in the Heisei era series Kamen Rider Hibiki. However, they have become a prominent part of the Heisei Kamen Rider Series Phase 2. The Support Robots of the Neo-Heisei era are powered by the collectible devices of the series.
- Disk Animals: The Disk Animals were the first Support Robots, despite being not robots at all, appearing in Kamen Rider Hibiki. The Disk Animals had two modes: disk and animal. They were activated or awakened through the use of the Riders' transformation devices. They were primarily used for reconnaissance, to search out the Makamou, but they also had limited combat abilities for assisting a Rider.
- Zecters: The Zecters are the Support Robots of Kamen Rider Kabuto. Zecters are devices created by ZECT as a compilation of mobile systems that affect space/time. They were created by the Natives, a species of Worm that arrived on Earth 35 years ago. These Natives in turn gave the Zecters to humans so that they may protect them from alien Worms that would arrive later. The Zecters appear instantaneously from the ZECT headquarters to the selected personnel so that they may transform into the respective Rider to fight any Worms in the vicinity. Each Rider (except for the Hopper Riders and the Kabutech Riders) possesses two forms: the bulky armored cocoon-like Masked Form (マスクドフォーム Masukudo Fōmu) and the sleeker Rider Form (ライダーフォーム Raidā Fōmu) which can use the Clock Up (クロックアップ Kurokku Appu), a system that allows the Rider to move at high speed. They also have the ZECTroopers to help them. Worth note is the Zecters have a mind of their own and can reject their present user in search of another one if they so choose.
- Kivats: The Kivats are the Support Robots, despite being a Demon Race of Kamen Rider Kiva. The Kivats possess Demon Imperial Powers (魔皇力 Maōryoku) which they can instill into other lifeforms usually through their Active Fangs (アクティブファング Akutibu Fangu) or other means. Some of them possess additional powers that is different amongst them. They also possess personas on their faces that are tradition in their families.
- Memory Gadgets: The Memory Gadgets are the Support Robots for the Kamen Riders of Kamen Rider W. The Memory Gadgets had two forms: Gadget and Live. The Memory Gadgets functioned much like their form would suggest when in Gadget Mode, e.g. the Stag Phone is a communications device. However, they also had other abilities, e.g. the Spider Watch was also a grappling line. They transformed into their animal forms via Pseudo Memories, which combined the abilities of the Gadget Mode with the abilities of the animal. The Memory Gadgets were used prominently as not only could they be used for reconnaissance, but also in combat. By substituting a Gaia Memory in place of their usual Memory, the Memory Gadget would transform into its Live Mode and launch a powerful attack. If that was not enough, the Memory Gadgets could combine with Kamen Rider Double's weapons to enhance and alter the Rider's finishing moves.
- Candroids: The Candroids are the Support Robots appearing in Kamen Rider OOO. The Candroids switched from Can Mode to Animal Mode via their pull tabs, whereupon they would unfold and begin their mission. The Candroids would often work in teams, multiple copies of the same model working together to fulfill an objective. They would also work for whoever activated them, not simply the Kamen Riders, though they were the primary users. The Candroids were usually stored in Ride Vendor, transforming vending machines with a motorbike form that stored large amounts of the Candroids for use by authorized agents. Their abilities ranged from reconnaissance to combat to various support duties.
- Foodroids: The Foodroids are the Support Robots of Kamen Rider Fourze. Foodroids are small robots that were disguised as various food items. Their robot forms were powered by various Astroswitches, which not only transformed them into robot mode but also gave them their individual abilities. These same Astroswitches also armed Fourze with modules of similar abilities. They were primarily used for reconnaissance or support.
- PlaMonsters: The PlaMonsters are the Support Robots for the Kamen Riders of Kamen Rider Wizard. However, like the Disk Animals, they are not really robots, though they do resemble robots. They are usually referred to as familiars, the assistants of classical wizards. They are summoned through specific rings, which conjures them as pieces like a giant model. After they assemble themselves into their true form, the rings are then placed into their bodies and act as batteries. Once their energy is depleted, their bodies disappear, leaving only the ring until summoned again. They are frequently used for reconnaissance, but have been used for other purposes.
- Shift Cars/Signal Bikes/Chaser Viral Cores: The Shift Cars, Signal Bikes, and Chaser Cores are the Support Robots for the Kamen Riders of Kamen Rider Drive, as well as the collectible devices which give them their power. Like the PlaMonsters, they have their own personality (except maybe the Type Change Shift Cars and Transformation Signal Bikes), and thus they often do things their own way. They also help with reconnaissance and other purposes, like tracking.
- Ghost Gadgets: The Ghost Gadgets are the Support Robots for the Kamen Riders of Kamen Rider Ghost. They have three forms: An animal form, suited for movement and reconnaissance, a gadget form, which allows them to perform a specific function, and a weapon form, in which they can attach to the Rider's weapon in order to access a form's power.
- Gamers: The Gamers are the Support Robots for the Kamen Riders of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid. Summoned by the Rider Gashat in Game Areas, Gamers are able to help the Riders to activate a higher level.
- (Great) Cross-Z Dragon: Cross-Z Dragon is the personal Support Robot of Kamen Rider Cross-Z. By inserting a Fullbottle then slotting it into the Build Driver, it enables his transformation. It is also able to act independently for various purposes such as recon.
- Ride Gadgets: Certain Ridewatches are based on Rider predecessors Support Robots, which serve as the powers inherited from Rider predecessors in Kamen Rider Zi-O.
All items (40)