|This article is about a series of movies in the Kamen Rider Series.|
The Movie War Series (MOVIE大戦シリーズ, Mūbī Taisen Shirīzu) is a series of crossover films between two immediate installments of the Kamen Rider franchise, having started with W and Decade. Typically, these movies premiere around mid-December.
Movie War films
Each film of the series is split into three parts, with the first two being dedicated to each presenting series to allow for an epilogue or additional story to be told. The final part intertwines the narratives of both parts where both protagonist Riders team up to defeat a combination of their enemies.
|Poster||Title||Release Date||Director||Writer (Part 1)||Writer (Part 2)||Writer (Movie War)|
|Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider W & Decade: Movie War 2010 (仮面ライダー×仮面ライダー Ｗダブル＆ディケイド MOVIE大戦2010, Kamen Raidā × Kamen Raidā: Daburu ando Dikeido Mūbī Taisen Nisenjū)||December 12, 2009||Ryuta Tasaki||Shōji Yonemura||Riku Sanjo||Shoji Yonemura|
|Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider OOO & W feat. Skull: Movie War Core (仮面ライダー×仮面ライダー オーズ＆アンドダブル feat. フィーチャリングスカル MOVIE大戦CORE, Kamen Raidā × Kamen Raidā Ōzu ando Daburu fīcharingu Sukaru: Mūbī Taisen Koa)||December 18, 2010||Riku Sanjo||Toshiki Inoue||Riku Sanjo|
|Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Mega Max (仮面ライダー×仮面ライダー フォーゼ＆オーズ MOVIE大戦 MEGA MAX, Kamen Raidā × Kamen Raidā Fōze ando Ōzu: Mūbī Taisen Mega Makkusu)||December 10, 2011||Koichi Sakamoto||Yasuko Kobayashi||Kazuki Nakashima|
|Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Wizard & Fourze: Movie War Ultimatum (仮面ライダー×仮面ライダー ウィザード&フォーゼ MOVIE大戦アルティメイタム, Kamen Raidā × Kamen Raidā Wizādo ando Fōze: Mūbī Taisen Arutimeitamu)||December 8, 2012||Kazuki Nakashima||Yoshio Urasawa|
|Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Gaim & Wizard: The Fateful Sengoku Movie Battle (仮面ライダー×仮面ライダー鎧武＆ウィザード 天下分け目の戦国MOVIE大合戦, Kamen Raidā × Kamen Raidā Gaimu ando Wizādo Tenkawakeme no Sengoku Mūbī Daigassen)||December 14, 2013||Ryuta Tasaki||Junko Komura||Nobuhiro Mouri|
|Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Drive & Gaim: Movie War Full Throttle (仮面ライダー×仮面ライダードライブ&鎧武 MOVIE大戦フルスロットル, Kamen Raidā × Kamen Raidā Doraibu ando Gaimu Mūbī Taisen Furu Surottoru)||December 13, 2014||Takayuki Shibasaki||Jin Haganeya||Riku Sanjo|
Beginning in 2015, two-parter film splitters were abandoned for one entire full-length narrative, which has carried over to the Generations films.
|Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Ghost & Drive: Super Movie Wars Genesis (仮面ライダー×仮面ライダー ゴースト＆ドライブ 超MOVIE大戦ジェネシス, Kamen Raidā × Kamen Raidā Gōsuto ando Doraibu Chō Mūbī Taisen Jeneshisu)||December 12, 2015||Osamu Kaneda||Makoto Hayashi|
|Kamen Rider Heisei Generations: Dr. Pac-Man vs. Ex-Aid & Ghost with Legend Riders (仮面ライダー平成ジェネレーションズ Dr.パックマン対エグゼイド&ゴースト with レジェンドライダー, Kamen Raidā Heisei Jenerēshonzu: Dokutā Pakkuman tai Eguzeido ando Gōsuto wizu Rejendo Raidā)||December 10, 2016||Koichi Sakamoto||Minato Takano|
Yuya Takahashi (supervision)
|Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders (仮面ライダー平成ジェネレーションズFINAL ビルド＆エグゼイドwithレジェンドライダー, Kamen Raidā Heisei Jenerēshonzu Fainaru: Birudo ando Eguzeido wizu Rejendo Raidā)||December 9, 2017||Kazuya Kamihoriuchi||Yuya Takahashi|
|Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER (仮面ライダー平成ジェネレーションズFOREVER, Kamen Raidā Heisei Jenerēshonzu Foebā)||December 22, 2018||Kyohei Yamaguchi||
|Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation (仮面ライダー 令和 ザ・ファースト・ジェネレーション, Kamen Raidā Reiwa Za Fāsuto Jenerēshon)||December 21, 2019||Teruaki Sugihara||Yuya Takahashi|
|Kamen Rider: Beyond Generations (仮面ライダー ビヨンド・ジェネレーションズ, Kamen Raidā Beyondo Jenerēshonzu)||December 17, 2021||Takayuki Shibasaki||Nobuhiro Mouri|
- Each Movie War film has a special subtitle:
- W × Decade Movie War: 2010
- OOO × W Movie War feat. Skull: Core
- Fourze × OOO Movie War: Mega Max
- Wizard × Fourze Movie War: Ultimatum
- Gaim × Wizard Movie War: Sengoku Movie Battle
- Drive × Gaim Movie War: Full Throttle (pseudo 2015 before released)
- Ghost × Drive Movie War: Super Movie Wars Genesis (pseudo 2016 before released)
- Starting in 2017, each of the Movie War film contains the world "Generation" or its plural "Generations" in it:
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations: This movie was called a "Level Up" of the Movie War series so it breaks the trend by not titling the movie the same as with the previous ones, but pseudo 2017 before released.
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: This movie continues the Heisei Generations trend established the previous year to commemorate the Heisei era of Japan. This film's title does not have a vs., doesn't have the antagonist's name in it, and ends only with the words FINAL and with Legend Riders.
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER: This movie continues the Heisei Generations trend established the previous year to commemorate the ending of the Heisei era of Japan.
- Kamen Rider Reiwa: The First Generation: This movie celebrates beginning of the Reiwa era of Japan.
- Kamen Rider: Beyond Generations: This movie celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the franchise, in addition to showing the Kamen Rider of 2071.
- Movie War films normally feature movie exclusive Riders.
- Movie War 2010: Kamen Rider Kiva-la & Kamen Rider Skull
- Movie War Core: Kamen Rider Core
- Movie War Mega Max: Kamen Rider Aqua/Poseidon & Kamen Rider Nadeshiko
- Movie War Ultimatum: rather than featuring new riders, features new versions of classic Ishinomori heroes (Inazuman, Poitrine & the villainous Akumaizer trio).
- Sengoku Movie Battle: Kamen Rider Bujin Gaim
- Movie War Full Throttle: Kamen Rider Lupin
- Super Movie Wars Genesis: Kamen Rider Zero Drive
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations: rather than featuring new riders, features the well-known arcade game character Pac-Man.
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: rather than featuring new riders, features villainous Rider-like Kaisers.
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER: rather than featuring new riders, features villainous Rider-like Another Double, Another Den-O, and Another Kuuga.
- Kamen Rider Reiwa: The First Generations: returns to the trend of featuring new Riders with Kamen Rider Zerozero-One, Another Zero-One, Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata, and Another 1.
- Kamen Rider: Beyond Generations: Kamen Rider Century
- As mentioned, they open in theaters in December, placing them after the end of the previous series and somewhere between episodes 10 and 20 of the current series.
- Most of the Movie War films have a title format of Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider (current series) & (previous series): Movie War (blank). Sengoku Movie Battle slightly bends the format a little, while Kamen Rider Heisei Generations is the first movie to completely ignore the format.
- They usually feature the current and previous Kamen Riders assuming a new form.
- Movie War 2010: Final Form Ride Double CycloneCyclone and JokerJoker & Decade Violent Emotion
- Movie War Core: rather than featuring new movie-exclusive forms for the lead riders, features an incomplete form for Kamen Rider Skull called Skull Crystal. It also features the first appearance of OOO's Tajadol Combo prior to its debut on TV.
- Movie War Mega Max: Fourze Rocketstates & OOO Super Tatoba Combo
- Movie War Ultimatum: Wizard Special Rush & Fourze Meteor Nadeshiko Fusionstates
- Sengoku Movie Battle: Gaim Wizard Arms & Wizard Infinity Dragon Gold, as well as Baron OOO Arms, Zangetsu Fourze Arms and Ryugen W Arms.
- Movie War Full Throttle: Drive Type Fruit & Gaim Drive Arms, as well as Duke Dragon Energy Arms
- Super Movie Wars Genesis: Dead Heat Drive & Ghost Tousan Damashii
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations: Ghost Tenka Touitsu Damashii and Ex-Aid Damashii & Ex-Aid Ghost Gamer Level 1, 2 and Double Action Gamer Level XX.
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: Only the current Rider, Build, assumes new forms (PhoenixRobo Form and Ex-Aid Form), while no new form is introduced for Ex-Aid.
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER: Only the current Rider, Zi-O, assumes new forms (WArmor and KuugaArmor), while no new form is introduced for Build.
- Kamen Rider Reiwa: The First Generations; Instead of a new form, Zero-One transforms into ZeroZero-One.
- Kamen Rider: Beyond Generations; Returns to the tradition of movie-exclusive forms with Revice Neo Batta Genome. Just like before though, only the current Rider assumes a new form.
- At some point in these films, the previous rider assumes his Extra Final Form, while the current rider assumes his (near-) Super Form. This is usually during the final battle, where their powers are equal, except for Movie War Full Throttle. In Movie War 2010 and in Kamen Rider Heisei Generations, these forms are accessed in separate occasions, while in Super Movie Wars Genesis and Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL, Drive and Ex-Aid instead assume their respective regular Final Forms.
- Movie War 2010: Decade Strongest Complete Form (Extra Final Form) & Double FangJoker (Super Form)
- Movie War Core: Double CycloneJokerGoldXtreme (Extra Final Form) & OOO Tajadol Combo (Super Form)
- Movie War Mega Max: OOO Super Tatoba Combo (Extra Final Form) & Fourze Rocketstates (near-Super Form)
- Movie War Ultimatum: Fourze Meteor Nadeshiko Fusionstates (Extra Final Form) & Wizard Special Rush (near-Super Form)
- Sengoku Movie Battle: Wizard Infinity Dragon Gold (Extra Final Form) & Gaim Wizard Arms (near-Super Form)
- Super Movie Wars Genesis: Drive Type Tridoron (Final Form) & Ghost Toucon Boost Damashii (near-Super Form)
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations: Ghost Tenka Touitsu Damashii (Extra Final Form) & Ex-Aid Double Action Gamer Level XX (near-Super Form)
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: Ex-Aid Muteki Gamer (Final Form) & Build RabbitTank Sparkling Form (Super Form)
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER: Same explanation from above.
- Kamen Rider Reiwa: The First Generations: GrandZi-O (Final Form) & ZeroZero-One (Alternate Rider form)
- Kamen Rider: Beyond Generations: Xross Saber (Final Form) & Revice Neo Batta Genome (near-Super Form)
- Each Movie War film features the introduction of a Rider which would debut in the series' second-quarter arc. Up until Movie War Ultimatum, and including Movie War Full Throttle, this would be the series' Secondary Rider. Beginning from Gaim and later from Ghost onwards, however, as secondary Riders began to receive much earlier debuts in the TV series, this role would be given to a supporting Rider who would play a major role in the TV series.
- Movie War 2010: Kamen Rider Accel
- Movie War Core: Kamen Rider Birth
- Movie War Mega Max: Kamen Rider Meteor
- Movie War Ultimatum: Kamen Rider Beast
- Sengoku Movie Battle: rather than featuring the debut of Kamen Rider Baron (who already debuted in episode 3), features the debut of Kamen Riders Zangetsu Shin, Duke, & Marika.
- Movie War Full Throttle: Kamen Rider Mach
- Super Movie Wars Genesis: rather than featuring the debut of Kamen Rider Specter (who already debuted in the third episode), features the debut of Kamen Rider Necrom.
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations: rather than featuring the debut of Kamen Rider Brave (who already debuted in episode 2), the post-credits scene features the title screen of Perfect Puzzle, foreshadowing Kamen Rider Para-DX in the series.
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: rather than featuring the debut of Kamen Rider Cross-Z (who already debuted in episode 11), features the debut of Kamen Rider Grease.
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER breaks the trend as it does not introduce, nor set up the following upcoming riders in Zi-O.
- Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation: rather than featuring the debut of Kamen Rider Vulcan (who already debuted in episode 2), it features the debut of Kamen Rider Thouser.
- Unlike the Summer Movies and the Super Hero Taisen films, Movie War films are not accompanied by a series of Net Movies, though summer movies since Gaim's no longer feature net movies as well.
- A recent trend for the Movie War films is to feature the "Legend Rider" versions of the Kamen Riders' Collectible Devices (with the exception of Gaia Memories and Shift Cars).
- Movie War 2010 features Decade and his Rider Cards, which are based around using the power of past Riders. Kamen Rider Decade: The Last Story features Decade collecting the Rider Cards of Riders he defeated in the Rider War.
- Movie War Core is the first film to feature no such devices, followed by Super Movie Wars Genesis.
- Movie War Mega Max has the Seven Legendary Riders sealed into the Collectible Devices of Fourze and OOO: 1, 2, V3, and Riderman into Rider Astroswitches & X, Amazon, and Stronger into Rider Core Medals. They are released when Fourze and OOO insert the devices into their Drivers and perform a Limit Break and Scanning Charge respectively.
- Movie War Ultimatum features Rider Wizard Rings of Kamen Riders Double, Accel, OOO, and Birth, used by Wizard to summon the four Riders.
- Sengoku Movie Battle features Rider Lockseeds of Kamen Riders Double, OOO, Fourze, and Wizard, which are used by Ryugen, Baron, Zangetsu, and Gaim respectively to transform into special "Arms" forms based off of those Riders.
- Movie War Full Throttle features the Drive Lockseed and the Shift Fruits.
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations features both an Ex-Aid Ghost Eyecon and the Kaigan Ghost Rider Gashat.
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL features the Kamen Rider Build Rider Gashat and the Ex-Aid-based Doctor and Game Fullbottles.
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER breaks this trend as Build gets no Zi-O-based Fullbottles while Zi-O already has a Build Ridewatch.
- Neither Zi-O gets a Zero-One Ridewatch nor Zero-One gets a RiderTiming Zi-O Progrisekey in Kamen Rider: Reiwa The First Generation, despite both collectible devices getting toy releases.
- As no Movie War occurred between Saber and Zero-One for a December 2020 release, the short film Kamen Rider Saber: The Phoenix Swordsman and the Book of Ruin and the rescheduled Kamen Rider Zero-One: REAL×TIME was released instead. Neither films featured devices derivative to one another.
- Kamen Rider: Beyond Generations features Revice gaining a Neo-Batta Vistamp based on Zero-One. In the toys, a "Dino Rider" sound can be hacked in the DX Seiken Swordriver. A DX Kajiki Vistamp based on Saber would also be introduced as part of promotional campaigns for the film.
- Since the beginning of the Movie War Genesis, each of the film's featured antagonists would be derived from the concurrent series:
- Movie War Genesis features the Renaissance Gamma, who are affiliated with Ghost's enemies, the Gamma.
- Heisei Generations features Dr. Pac-Man, a scientist who studied the Bugster Virus and was a major figure in starting the events that occurred in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.
- Heisei Generations FINAL features Kaisei Mogami, a scientist affiliated with the Touto Institute of Advanced Matter Physics, the workplace of Build and his contemporaries.
- Heisei Generations FOREVER features Tid, a Time Jacker who created several Another Riders, the enemies of Zi-O.
- Reiwa: The First Generation features Will, who was affiliated with the Ark, Zero-One's mortal enemy.
- Beyond Generations features Diablo, a cousin demon of Giff, Revice's enemy.
All items (1)