|This article is about a/an set of riders in Kamen Rider Hibiki.|
Despite the title of "Oni", they are not to be confused with the "Oni Brothers" Mimihiko and Kuchihiko, the antagonists of Cho Kamen Rider Den-O & Decade Neo Generations: The Onigashima Warship.
A warrior who has trained the mind and body by training and has acquired the ability to transform into a battle form called "Oni". It is divided into several groups depending on the type of their Ongeki Weapon used. In the TV series, there are 3 types: Drum Oni (鼓の鬼 Tsudzumi no Oni), Tube Oni (管の鬼 Kan no Oni), and String Oni (弦の鬼 Gen no Oni), and each has a different strengths, weaknesses and strategy.
They have a body with a glossy appearance and decorations based on the type of Ongeki Weapon were used (around the chest, wrist and ankle). Their face has no eyes and nose, and decorated with colored face lines, different on each Oni. The horns grow on the top of the head, and on the forehead, the same Oni's face emblem appears as on the transformation devices called Oni Face (鬼面 Kimen).
If an Oni fights relying on his or her anger, the Oni Face will grow over the face. When an Oni becomes evil, Takeshi headquarters will decide if they should be eliminated. If they decide to eliminate the Oni, they send someone from the head family to carry out the task.
Oni follow a one-master-one-apprentice tradition. Upon the retirement of their master, an apprentice will inherit the responsibilities as well as all equipment from his predecessor. He will often inherit the master's title too, but there are exceptions.
The Oni of today are working under the organization Takeshi who assist their activities. The Kanto branch, which appears in the series, has 11 Oni, who work in shifts. In addition, those who became independent as Oni are all given their Oni name as a codename, and will be known by that name instead of their real names regardless of whether they are inside or outside the society.
Oni Kamen Riders
An Oni makes a Oni Face appear on the forehead by bathing with a special sound wave emitted from the transformation device, and transforms into an Oni who controls the power of the attribute. At that time, the clothes worn were destroyed, and after transformation they would be naked if they were not trained enough or extreme fatigue due to lack of energy after a fight[note 2]. In addition, because transformation consumes a great deal of mental power and energy, they cannot transform unless trained to a level that can withstand it. Inexperienced Oni's apprentice cannot restore clothes, happens to Akira Amami. The transformation devices identified in the TV series, they are 3 types: Onsa, Onibue, and Kigen.
After being Oni, a person's physical capabilities are upgraded. They also uses special attack called as Kitoujutsu (鬼闘術 Kitōjutsu, lit. Demon Battle Technique) and Kigenjutsu (鬼幻術 lit. Demon Phantasm Technique) [note 3], to deal with Makamou:
- Extraordinary Strength: Oni havetwice the strength compared to ordinary humans.
- Extraordinary Speed: Oni are able to move faster and nimbler than oridinary humans.
- High Jump: Oni are able to jump to high altitude.
- High Resistance: Oni have a higher endurance than normal human beings.
- Healing Ability: The ability to recover physical injury is faster than normal.
A weapon that mimics the shape of an instrument, which is used by Oni to get rid of Makamou. It produces Sound of Purification (清めの音 Kiyome no Oto), and it is collectively referred to as Sound Attack (音撃 Ongeki). There are various types such as Japanese drums Ongekiko with drumsticks Ongekibou, wind instruments such as Ongekikan, and string instruments such as Ongekigen. It is also possible to increase power by combining multiple Ongeki Weapon.
A stone in the shape of the Oni's face used for Ongeki Weapons, a substance that generates and amplifies Sound of Purification. Has refinement changes color and exerts various effects.
Appear after an Oni's transformation, shaped like a belt with a loincloth. The buckle section is equipped with parts of Ongeki Weapon such as Ongekiko or Ongekimei, right side carries transformation devices such as Henshin Onsa or Henshin Onibue, and the left side carries Disk Animals. The drum demon also equips the back with their Ongekibou.
Before transformation, it is in the form of an ordinary belt with magical power, the buckle and the back part are invisible. Ongekikan and Ongekigen are always carried in their original size due to their complicated structure.
- ↑ There are also other mentions: Ongeki Warrior (音撃戦士 Ongeki Senshi, lit. "Sound Attack Warrior) (TV Asahi official website, etc.), Senki (戦鬼 lit. “War Demon”) (theatrical version title, children’s magazine, etc.), Oni Warrior (鬼戦士（オニ戦士） Oni Senshi) (theatrical version commercial, etc., "オニ戦士" is a notation for children’s magazine) and Oni Superman (鬼超人 Oni Chōjin) (children’s magazines). Although it is equivalent to Kamen Rider in other Kamen Rider Series works, the 'Kamen Rider' title was never used in this series.
- ↑ However, when Todoroki was forced to cancel the transformation in Kamen Rider Zi-O, his clothes remained intact.
- ↑ In some magazines, are labeled as Kihōjutsu (鬼法術).
All items (44)
- Kamen Rider Amaki
- Kamen Rider Hibiki (Rider)
- Konko Kageyukouji
- Kyosuke Kiriya