|This article is about a/an race of monsters in Kamen Rider Kuuga.|
This mysterious ancient civilization is made up of beings that can transform into monsters to kill people for their ruthless game (ゲーム gēmu), which is translated into the Grongi language as the "Gegeru" (ゲゲル Gegeru). Attacking their rival civilization the Linto (リント Rinto), the original Kuuga defeats the leader of the Grongi and seals all 200 of the Grongi tribesmen away.
The beings known as the Lords also protected the Linto tribe. However, by the present day, the newly resurrected Daguva revives his tribe from their rest and restart the Gegeru on the human race, the descendants of the Lynt, to bring out the "Ultimate Darkness" (究極の闇 Kyūkyoku no Yami), where humanity will be as violent as the Grongi.
They are referred by the Police as Unidentified Lifeforms (also known as "ULFs") (未確認生命体 Mikakunin Seimeitai). Each of them possesses a strange artifact called Geburon on the belt-like (the buckle is called Gedoruto) parts in all of their bodies, no different than Kuuga's Amadam. Grongi seen in human form are labeled as "B" (Ｂ群 Bīgun), and each human-like Grongi possesses a tattoo that resembles their true animalistic forms. Unidentified Life Form #B1 appears in only human form for the entire series outside of a glimpse of her hand or so. Only 48 out of the original 200 Grongi appeared in the course of Kuuga's broadcast, though some of them were fought offscreen between episodes, and the other 152 were killed off by Daguva after his return for being "unworthy".
The Grongi has a three-part naming scheme that all members have, consisting of "Group-Species-Creature type". The first part of their names indicates their rank and which group that Grongi belongs to; the second part is their personal name, which contains a reference to what animal/plant their Grongi forms are based on; and the third part indicates what animal groups they belong to: "Ba" for insects and arachnids; "Da" for mammals; "De" for plants; "Gi" for fish and other aquatics animals; "Gu" for birds and other animals with wings; and "Re" for reptiles and amphibians. The leaders of the Grongi Tribe will have a "Ze" in front of their animal group names. When talking with each other, they will usually address each other by only their personal names without either group designation. There are four groups shown on screen, namely Zu, Me, Go, and Ra. Zu, Me, and Go are the only groups allowed to enter the Gegeru, while the Ra Group (namely Baruba and Dorudo) acts as their judges and the Nu Group crafted their belts and weapons. A stage show introduces the Be Group as being the lowest-ranking and not allowed to join the Gegeru at all. These groups are not permanent, as Me-Garume-Re was promoted up from the Zu Group during the series. Zu is the first group to start the Gegeru with Zu-Gumun-Ba as the first player and Zu-Zain-Da as their leader. The Zu Group is assigned a number of humans to kill and tallies them on a Guzepa bracelet. After all the Zu Group were defeated by Kuuga, the Gegeru is continued by Me Group led by Me-Garima-Ba and with Me-Badjisu-Ba as the first player. Me Group members also use a Guseba but decide their victim number themselves. Later, the Go Group enter the Gegeru with Go-Buuro-Gu as the first player and Go-Gadoru-Ba as the leader. The Go decide upon a unique pattern for choosing victims, while Dorudo tallies their victims for them. Each group has different rules and methods for killing people. The Zu relies on their physical strengths and abilities, such as Zu-Zain-Da using his brute strength to kill truck drivers and Zu-Mebio-Da's immense speed. The Me use built-in weapons such as Me-Giiga-Gi's ink bombs, and Me-Badjisu-Ba's wrist-mounted stinger gun. The Go Group is the strongest and is able to create weapons from objects they grasp, much like Kuuga. The first player was Go-Buuro-Gu, and their leader is Go-Gadoru-Ba, also the leader of the elite Gebageru subgroup of the three most potent Go Group members, who are also capable of changing forms to match Kuuga's.
In the SIC Hero Saga story for Kuuga, it was revealed the Grongi were once humans, much like the Linto. They had found a meteorite with strong yet strange crystal-like objects, which allowed to them easily defeat other neighboring tribes and countries by assimilating said crystal into their body and genes of various animals, plants, insects, or fungus that eventually turned them into monsters as they are now.
World of Kuuga
The Grongi Tribe also exists in the A.R. World of Kuuga, where they are fought by an alternate Kamen Rider Kuuga named Yuusuke Onodera. Instead of the regular Gegeru, they take part in a Sacred Gegeru to revive their leader, N-Gamio-Zeda, by killing female warriors (police officers) a certain distance from the mountain where Gamio lies without spilling a drop of blood.
- Me-Gyarido-Gi (メ･ギャリド･ギ Me Gyarido Gi, 1 & 2): A hermit crab monster of the Me Group, labeled Unidentified Life Form #7 (未確認生命体七号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Nanagō). He battles Kuuga and is destroyed by his Dragon Form's Splash Dragon attack.
- Ra-Dorudo-Gu (ラ･ドルド･グ Ra Dorudo Gu, 1 & 2): A condor monster of the Ra-Group, the judges of the Gegeru, labeled Unidentified Life Form #8 (未確認生命体八号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Hachigō). He fights Kuuga and attempts to flee before being destroyed by Kuuga who uses Pegasus Form's Blast Pegasus attack.
- Go-Baberu-Da (ゴ･バベル･ダ Go Baberu Da, 2): A bison monster that is labeled "Unidentified Life Form #9" (未確認生命体九号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Kyūgō). Baberu is forced by Decade to reveal the nature of the Gegeru before being destroyed by Decade's Dimension Kick.
- Go-Bemiu-Gi (ゴ･ベミウ･ギ Go Bemiu Gi, 2): A female sea snake Grongi. She oversees Gamio's revival, she is destroyed by Decade.
- Me-Biran-Gi (メ･ビラン･ギ Me Biran Gi, 2): A piranha monster that is one of the leading Grongi overseeing Gamio's revival. He is destroyed by Kuuga's Mighty Kick when he attempts to intervene in the battle between Kuuga and Decade.
- N-Gamio-Zeda is able to create various Grongi from human corpses using his miasma, but some are later absorbed by him in the last effort to defeat Kuuga and Decade. The remaining Grongi died after Gamio is defeated.
World of Agito
The A.R. World of Agito, which has several similarities with the World of Kuuga, has its own members of the Grongi Tribe. However, they are practically replaced by the surfacing of the Lords, who attack the Grongi as readily as they do Agito.
- Me-Bajisu-Ba (メ･バヂス･バ Me Bajisu Ba, 12): A bee monster that is labeled Unidentified Life Form #47. This Me Group member battles the police until he is blasted to bits by G3-X's Cerberus.
- Zu-Mebio-Da (ズ･メビオ･ダ Zu Mebio Da, 12): A leopard monster that is labeled Unidentified Life Form #48 (未確認生命体四十八号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Yonjūhachigō). She is a member of the Zu Group that appears in the World of Agito. She is murdered by two Ant Lords as she attempts to escape from Diend.
- Me-Ginoga-De (メ･ギノガ･デ Me Ginoga De, 12): A mushroom monster that is labeled Unidentified Life Form #49 (未確認生命体四十九号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Yonjūkyūgō). He appears in the World of Agito. He is destroyed by the teamwork of Diend and the summoned Drake and Delta.
As one of the races of the Nine Worlds, the Grongi are part of the Dai-Shocker alliance, a coalition of all villain organizations fought by the Kamen Riders, who have ambitions to conquer the multiverse.
The Grongi Zu-Mebio-Da, Me-Bajisu-Ba, Me-Ginoga-De, and Go-Gadoru-Ba, were part of the Dai-Shocker army that was fought and wiped out by a gathering of 25 Kamen Riders in the World of Decade after Dai-Shocker started their invasion of the worlds.
The Grongi, represented by N-Gamio-Zeda, were among the various evil organizations and monster races that were allied with Shocker in an alternate timeline where they conquered the world thanks to the Shocker Greeed. Ra-Dorudo-Gu, Zu-Gooma-Gu, Zu-Zain-Da, and Me-Garima-Ba were among Shocker's army of monsters. When all the Kamen Riders came back in 2011, Kuuga returned and defeated the Grongi allied with Shocker.
Several Grongi - Go-Jaaza-Gi, Go-Gadoru-Ba, Go-Baberu-Da, and Me-Garima-Ba - under N-Daguva-Zeba were part of the revived Dai-Shocker assembled by Decade to wipe out the Super Sentai, ensuring the survival of the Kamen Riders. After Dai-Shocker's alliance with Dai-Zangyack was revealed, both organizations were wiped out by a gathering of Kamen Riders and Super Sentai.
One revived Grongi, Zu-Zain-Da, was a member of Space Shocker, an evil amalgamation organization similar to Dai-Shocker, which aimed to conquer the universe. It was actually a front for the revival of the Space Crime Syndicate Madou.
The World within the Magic Stone
The souls of defeated Grongi, among the other monster races fought by the Kamen Riders, surfaced in the world within the Magic Stone which was ruled by the evil wizard Amadum. Amadum's army of monsters was fought and destroyed by the 15 Heisei Riders when they were summoned to this world.
Super Hero Taisen GP
In an alternate timeline created by Shocker's History Modifying Machine enacting an assassination of the Double Riders by Kamen Rider 3 in 1973, at least one Grongi, N-Gamio-Zeda, was among the many monsters that served the evil organization which ruled the world in this timeline. During the final battle against the Kamen Riders, N-Gamio-Zeda was destroyed by Kamen Rider Blade.
The N Group are the most powerful of the Grongi and serve as its leaders.
The Grongi leader in the Kamen Rider Kuuga series.
The Ra Group are the judges of the Grongi game and Daguva's right-hand men.
Nu-Zajio-Re (ヌ･ザジオ･レ Nu Zajio Re) is a salamander Grongi and the sole survivor of the Nu Group, a group of Grongi who crafts the artifacts used by the other groups, and is labeled "Unidentified Life Form B14" (未確認生命体Ｂ群１４号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Bīgun Jūyongō).
Be-Jimin-Ba (ベ･ジミン･バ Be Jimin Ba) is a water flea Grongi who is one of the lowest Be Group, whose other members were all murdered by N-Daguba-Zeba without acquiring the right of the game. The monster only appears on the Kuuga stage show.
The Zu Group contains lower-tier Grongi. The creatures of the Zu Group which are not on the list are considered to have been murdered by Daguva, without acquiring the right of the game. The ones that are qualified are brought into the game by writing their names on a portable blackboard and using the beads of their bracelets to mark the number of people they have killed. Their leader is Zu-Zain-Da.
Other Zu Grongi
- Zu-Gujiru-Gi (ズ･グジル･ギ Zu Gujiru Gi): A whale Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #7" (未確認生命体第７号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Nanagō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Zu-Garuga-Da (ズ･ガルガ･ダ Zu Garuga Da): A kangaroo Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #8" (未確認生命体第８号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Hachigō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Zu-Miuji-Gi (ズ･ミウジ･ギ Zu Miuji Gi): A Sea slug Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #9" (未確認生命体第９号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Kyūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Zu-Gazubo-De (ズ･ガズボ･デ Zu Gazubo De): A Nepenthes Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #10" (未確認生命体第１０号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Zu-Daago-Gi (ズ･ダーゴ･ギ Zu Dāgo Gi): An octopus Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #11" (未確認生命体第１１号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūichigō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Zu-Nezuma-Da (ズ･ネズマ･ダ Zu Nezuma Da) and Zu-Nezumo-Da (ズ･ネズモ･ダ Zu Nezumo Da): Rat Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #12A" (未確認生命体第１２号Ａ Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūnigō Ē) and "#12B" (第１２号Ｂ Dai Jūnigō Bī). Nezuma died when his Geburon exploded due to his Gegeru has met its time limit and Nezumo was destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Zu-Jamoru-Re (ズ･ジャモル･レ Zu Jamoru Re): A gecko Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #13" (未確認生命体第１３号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūsangō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
Middle tier, above the ranks of the Zu, they are brought into the game by using an abacus to predict the number of people they are to kill and the time period to accomplish that. Their leader is Me-Garima-Ba.
Other Me Grongi
- Me-Agon-Gi (メ･アゴン･ギ Me Agon Gi): An anglerfish Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #15" (未確認生命体第１５号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūgogō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Aguri-Da (メ･アグリ･ダ Me Aguri Da): A Giant Anteater Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #16" (未確認生命体第１６号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūrokugō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Ibae-Ba (メ･イバエ･バ Me Ibae Ba): A fly Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #17" (未確認生命体第１７号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūnanagō). Destroyed by Kuuga Pegasus Form's Blast Pegasus.
- Me-Gaage-Re (メ･ガーゲ･レ Me Gāge Re): A lizard Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #18" (未確認生命体第１８号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūhachigō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Mugado-Ba (メ･ムガド･バ Me Mugado Ba): A centipede Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #19" (未確認生命体第１９号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūkyūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Dragon Form's Splash Dragon.
- Me-Gorigi-Ba (メ･ゴリギ･バ Me Gorigi Ba): A cockroach Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #20" (未確認生命体第２０号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Nijūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Gaera-Re (メ･ガエラ･レ Me Gaera Re): A frog Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #27" (未確認生命体第２７号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Nijūnanagō). Destroyed by Kuuga Dragon Form's Splash Dragon.
- Me-Zoebi-Gi (メ･ゾエビ･ギ Me Zoebi Gi): A shrimp Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #28" (未確認生命体第２８号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Nijūhachigō). Destroyed by Kuuga Titan Form's Calamity Titan.
- Me-Uzaa-Da (メ･ウザー･ダ Me Uzā Da): A rabbit Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #29" (未確認生命体第２９号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Nijūkyūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Dragon Form's Splash Dragon.
- Me-Demudo-Ba (メ･デムド･バ Me Demudo Ba): A Ladybug Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #30" (未確認生命体第３０号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Sanjūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Ginee-Da (メ･ギネー･ダ Me Ginē Da): A fox Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #32" (未確認生命体第３２号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Sanjūnigō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Gegura-Gi (メ･ゲグラ･ギ Me Gegura Gi): A jellyfish Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #33" (未確認生命体第３３号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Sanjūsangō). Destroyed by Kuuga Titan Form's Calamity Titan.
- Me-Gaperi-Gu (メ･ガペリ･グ Me Gaperi Gu, Terekoro Comic): A pelican Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #34" (未確認生命体第３４号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Sanjūyongō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Juuma-Da (メ･ジュウマ･ダ Me Jūma Da): A zebra Grongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #35" (未確認生命体第３５号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Sanjūgogō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
The Go Group are high tier, weapon users whose weapons are created from each respected ornament much like Kuuga while in his Pegasus, Dragon, and Titan forms. Unlike the lesser tiers, the Go do not personally count their victims as Ra-Dorudo-Gu does that for them as they judge. Also, their game roles are themed on personal rules they had placed on themselves, working on a certain number of people they picked personally. The Go who completes the Gegeru, or the one who can defeat all the Go class Grongi, earns the right to fight Daguva for control of the entire Grongi Tribe. Their leader is Go-Gadoru-Ba, one of the three strongest Go, the Gebageru, who modified themselves to alter their forms like Kuuga and Daguva.
Other Go Grongi
Grongi whose groups are unknown.
Video game appearances
Kamen Rider Kuuga video game
The Grongi appear in the Kamen Rider Kuuga video game, fighting Kuuga who is controlled by the player. Several Grongi is also playable.
Kamen Rider Agito & Kuuga Wild Battle
The Grongi appear with the Lords in Kamen Rider Agito & Kuuga Wild Battle. Eight Grongi, Zu-Gooma-Gu, Zu-Gumun-Ba, Me-Garima-Ba, Go-Jaaza-Gi (Quick Form), Go-Badaa-Ba, Go-Baberu-Da (Herculean Form), Go-Gadoru-Ba (Grapple Form), N-Daguva-Zeba (Perfect Form), are playable in the Fighting, Training, and Survival Modes.
All items (98)
- Go Baberu Da
- Go Bada Ba
- Go Bada Ba (2015 manga)
- Go Bemiu Gi
- Go Bemiu Gi (2015 manga)
- Go Gadoru Ba
- Go Gadoru Ba (2015 manga)
- Go Zazaru Ba
- Go-Gamego-Re (2015 manga)
- Go-Jiino-Da (2015 manga)
- Me Badjisu Ba (2015 manga)
- Me Biran Gi (2015 manga)
- Me Gadora Da
- Me Gadora Da (2015 manga)
- Me Garima Ba (2015 manga)
- Me Garume Re (2015 manga)
- Me Garume Za
- Me Giiga Gi
- Me Giiga Gi (2015 manga)
- Me Ginoga De (2015 manga)
- Me Gyarido Gi
- Me Gyarido Gi (2015 manga)
- Moray Eel Gurongi