|This article is about a/an race of monsters in Kamen Rider Kiva.|
The Fangire Race (ファンガイア族 Fangaia Zoku), or Fungire, are a race of vampire-like monsters in the Kamen Rider Series Kamen Rider Kiva. They are stained glass-based vampires who feed off of the Life Energy (ライフエナジー Raifu Enajī) of humans to survive. By using glass shard-like Life-Sucking Fangs (吸命牙 Kyūmeiga) to drain the Life Energy to maintain their souls, members of the Fangire Race can assume human forms to hide within everyday society to feed in secret, revealing their forms when their skin takes a uniquely variant stained glass pattern. While it seems the Fangires (along with the 12 other Demon Races) can live without feeding off on Life Energy (presumably through human food) of others, it's their instincts that make it hard for some to live such a lifestyle. These instincts seemingly can be curved through a myriad of means as Omura demonstrated though.
When a human's Life Energy is stolen by their Fangs, the victim becomes transparent like glass; and in some cases the body will shatter when touched. Each Fangire belongs to a specific class based on the animal form it takes, and each Fangire has a true name. A Fangire can at least live up to three times longer than a human, barring being killed. Upon a natural death, the monster's physical body shatters like glass and collapses in a heap. However, when a Fangire dies with a person such as holding a hostage, the person (hostage) may become injured (this is shown by Cicada Fangire)
The members of the Fangire Race destroyed by Kiva have their bodies destroyed, with their souls sealed within the Castle Doran's body before they can escape and eventually reform into a new body or clump with other Fangires' souls to form a giant aura monster called a Sabbat (サバト Sabato). Ixa, Kiva in Emperor Form, Saga, and Dark Kiva are able to destroy both body and soul for some reason. The Fangire Race is probably the most prosperous of the 13 Demon Races, while presumably directly responsible for the near-extermination of the Wolfen, Merman, Franken and Legendorga races. Although it was shown that Fangires can crossbreed with humans, it is unknown if the resulting offspring have Fangire forms themselves (although they can borrow the powers of other races) or unique abilities.
World of Kiva
The Fangire Race also exist in the A.R. World of Kiva. Similar to the originals, are vampiric creatures that resemble stained glass, originally feeding off of the Life Energy of humans until they are commanded by their king to coexist with them. However, some of these Fangires are unable to follow this law due to their instincts. Each Fangire belongs to a specific class based on the animal form it takes. Several Fangires also appear in the first episode when Natsumi is trapped within the changing dimensions. They include the Shark, Moose, Horsefly, Rat, Mantis, and Seamoon Fangires. The Mantis Fangire later appears fighting the Beetle Fangire.
- Ryo Itoya (糸矢 僚 Itoya Ryō, 4) is a strange young man who is in actuality the Spider Fangire (スパイダーファンガイア Supaidā Fangaia). He is the first Fangire that Tsukasa and Natsumi encounter, and reveals to them the truce that exists between Humans and Fangires while posing for a photo in the Hikari Studio. Sohto (創斗 Sōto) reprises his role as Ryo Itoya from Kamen Rider Kiva.
- The Beetle Fangire (ビートルファンガイア Bītoru Fangaia), whose true name is Attonement of the Garden Divided, the International Dateline (贖罪の園を分断する、日付変更線 Shokuzai no Sono o Bundan suru, Hizukehenkōsen), is the previous King of the Fangire Race and a member of Insect Class (インセクトクラス Insekuto Kurasu) Tribe. He was exiled for loving a human woman who gave birth to his half-breed successor, Wataru. Seeing the coexistence and peace between the two races as nothing more than a farce for his son's sake, the Beetle Fangire breaks the peace by attacking humans to gather their Life Energy and reclaim his title, even stealing Kivat from Wataru. His actions of removing the law to restart past conflicts between the two races provide the motivation for Wataru to step up and truly claim his place as King of the Fangires. In the end, he is weakened by Decade's Kiva Arrow, then fatally wounded by a Dimension Kick/Darkness Moon Break combo. Revealing that he knew of the Fangire's true identity and intent before he dies, Tsukasa plays a final song for him before the man shatters. The Beetle Fangire and his human form are respectively voiced and played by Mansaku Ikeuchi (池内 万作 Ikeuchi Mansaku).
- Swallowtail Fangire (スワローテイルファンガイア Suwarōteiru Fangaia, 4-5): A Fangire with the title of Bishop (ビショップ Bishoppu), his task is to oversee the progress of all Fangires and their moral conduct, deeming those who are traitors to their king's laws. When the Beetle Fangire regains his title, the Swallowtail Fangire aides his master until he is shattered by Decade's Dimension Slash. The Swallowtail Fangire is voiced by Tomohiro Tsuboi (坪井 智浩 Tsuboi Tomohiro).
- Lion Fangire (ライオンファンガイア Raion Fangaia, 4): A Fangire with the title of Rook (ルーク Rūku), he is chasing after a renegade Fangire when Tsukasa interferes and destroys him with the Ride Booker's Decade Slash. The Lion Fangire is voiced by Toshitsugu Takashina (高階 俊嗣 Takashina Toshitsugu).
As one of the races of the Nine Worlds, the Fangire are part of the Dai-Shocker alliance, a coalition of all villain organizations fought by the Kamen Riders, who have ambitions to conquer the multiverse.
The Rat, Sungazer, and Bat Fangire, were part of the Dai-Shocker army that was fought and wiped out by a gathering of 25 Kamen Riders in the World of Decade after Dai-Shocker started their invasion of the worlds.
The Fangire were among the various evil organizations and monster races which were allied with Shocker in an alternate timeline where they conquered the world thanks to the Shocker Greeed. The Lion and Crab Fangire were among Shocker's army of monsters. When all the Kamen Riders came back in 2011, Kiva returned and defeated the Fangire allied with Shocker.
Fangires Rat and Warthog Fangire under the Bat Fangire were part of the revived Dai-Shocker assembled by Decade to wipe out the Super Sentai, ensuring the survival of the Kamen Riders. After Dai-Shocker's alliance with Dai-Zangyack was revealed, both organizations were wiped out by a gathering of Kamen Riders and Super Sentai.
Three revived Fangire, Pearlshell Fangire, Bat Fangire and the Beetle Fangire, were members of Space Shocker, an evil amalgamation organization similar to Dai-Shocker, which aimed to conquer the universe. It was actually a front for the revival of the Space Crime Syndicate Madou.
World within the Magic Stone
The souls of defeated Fangire, among the other monster races fought by the Kamen Riders, surfaced in the world within the Magic Stone which was ruled by the evil wizard Amadum. Amadum's army of monsters were fought and destroyed by the 15 Heisei Riders when they were summoned to this world.
List of Fangires
Subordinate - Pawns
- Spider Fangire
- Horse Fangire
- Octopus Fangire
- Moth Fangire
- Sheep Fangire
- Prawn Fangire
- Frog Fangire
- Earwig Fangire
- Rhinoceros Fangire
- Seastar Fangire
- Ladybug Fangire
- Chameleon Fangire
- Grizzly Fangire
- Shark Fangire
- Cicada Fangire
- Crab Fangire
- Warthog Fangire
- Moose Fangire
- Tortoise Fangire
- Horsefly Fangire
- Rat Fangire
- Mantis Fangire
- Seamoon Fangire
- Silkmoth Fangire
- Sungazer Fangire
- Polar Bear Fangire
The Checkmate Four (チェックメイト・フォー Chekkumeito Fō) are the four most powerful members of the Fangire race, each bearing a tattoo of the chess piece they are named after. These four Fangires receive the titles of Rook, Bishop the keeper of Fangire laws, Queen (クイーン Kuīn), and King (キング Kingu), the rulers of Fangires. In 1986, the Checkmate Four were based in Castle Doran. By 2008, only Bishop and Rook remained as they recruit a new Queen and King.
Two Fangire Race members appear in Kamen Rider Kiva: King of the Castle in the Demon World.
In Kamen Rider Decade other Fangires exist.
- Beetle Fangire
- Thorn Fangire
- Super Apollo Geist
- Super Apollo Geist is a result of marrying the Thorn Fangire, Apollo Geist becomes half-Fangire.
- Main article: Neo-Fangire
- All Fangires have a symbolized "bird" design on their body parts.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Spider Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-01-27.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Horse Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-01-27.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Octopus Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-02-03.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Moth Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-02-10.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Sheep Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-02-24.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Prawn Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-03-09.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Frog Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-03-23.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Earwig Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-04-06.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Rhinoceros Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-04-20.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Seastar Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-05-18.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Ladybug Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-06-01.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Chameleon Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-06-22.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Grizzly Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-07-06.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Shark Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-07-20.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Cicada Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-08-03.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Crab Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-08-03.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Warthog Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-08-24.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Moose Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-09-14.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Tortoise Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-09-14.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Horsefly Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-09-28.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Rat Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-10-12.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Mantis Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-10-26.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Seamoon Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-11-16.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Silkmoth Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-11-30.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Sungazer Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-11-30.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Polar Bear Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-12-14.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Lion Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-05-04.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Pearlshell Fangire (Mio)". . Retrieved on 2008-09-07.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Pearlshell Fangire (Maya)". . Retrieved on 2008-09-14.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Swallowtail Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-09-28.
- ^ "TV Asahi's official page on the Bat Fangire". . Retrieved on 2008-12-21.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found
All items (48)