|This article is about a/an race of monsters in Kamen Rider W.|
The Dopants (ドーパント Dōpanto) are the antagonists in the Kamen Rider Series Kamen Rider W. Dopants are actually mostly normal humans who use Gaia Memories. The Gaia Memories are aspects of the true Gaia Memory, the knowledge of everything on the Earth. These were originally accessed due to Philip's link to the Gaia Memory by means of the Gaia Library (地球（ほし）の本棚 Hoshi no Hondana). But after he was taken from them, the Sonozaki Family uses a strange temple underneath their mansion to access the Gaia Memory. They then sell these to the highest bidder or to common criminals, both types used as guinea pigs to study the Gaia Memories as part of the Gaia Impact project. The name comes from the English words "dopant" and "doping".
Dopant Gaia Memories
A Gaia Memory (ガイアメモリ Gaia Memori) is a mysterious device resembling a USB flash drive that contains all of the Earth's knowledge of what it represents. This enables its user to become a Dopant, or in some special cases, a Kamen Rider. Every Gaia Memory is adorned with the first letter of its name, stylized to reflect the powers it imbues on its user. For example, the Injury Memory (acquired by Shotaro and Philip before the series begins) resembles a broken bone in the shape of the letter I. Each Memory also features a button which when clicked causes the Memory to loudly declare its name; while this is traditionally done immediately before inserting the Memory by Riders and Dopants alike, it is unclear if it is actually mandatory to activate the Memory's powers. It does however seem to be necessary to insert a memory into a subject or Driver. In order to transform into a Dopant, the Gaia Memory is first inserted into a device called the L.C.O.G (the acronym for "Living Connector Setting Operation Gun" (生体コネクタ設置手術器 Seitai Konekuta Setchi Shujutsu Ki)), though normally called called a Connect Shooter (コネクトシューター Konekuto Shūtā), which then produces a USB port-like tattoo on the user's skin called a Living Connector (生体コネクタ Seitai Konekuta). Whenever the Gaia Memory is pressed onto the Living Connector, it enters the user's body and transforms the user into a Dopant. Use of a Gaia Memory without a Living Connector is possible, but the side effects of doing so seem to be nearly fatal.
This direct insertion will eventually drive its user insane from its addictive influence, which is why special belts called Memory Drivers have been developed for use by high ranking members of the Museum to filter out these and other side effects. This has the side affect of visibly weakening the Dopant's powers. Due to this, Museum members use some of the strongest Gaia Memories ever created to more than compensate the loss of power.
To defeat a Dopant, a Kamen Rider has to use one of his Maximum Drive (マキシマムドライブ Makishimamu Doraibu) finishing attacks to eject and destroy the Gaia Memory, resulting in what is called a Memory Break (メモリブレイク Memori Bureiku). Evolved Gaia Memories, however, require a direct strike on its location within the Dopant's body to execute the Memory Break without the risk of killing the user. If the Dopant does not have a Living Connector, a Memory Break will not occur, however the Gaia Memory will still be ejected from the user's body. In order to defeat a Dopant that uses a Memory Driver, the belt must be broken in order to defeat the Dopant and cause the Memory Break.
In the movie Double Forever, the Dopants use T2 Gaia Memories, 26 special Gaia Memories developed by Foundation X based on Fumine Sonozaki's findings. Though originally in the possession of Jun Kazu before giving it to another member of the Foundation to take to their headquarters, the T2 Gaia Memories end up in the possession of mysterious terrorist group NEVER. Unlike the original Gaia Memories, these memories appear to have some sentience, injecting themselves into people who are compatible with them (Watcherman and Santa-chan) or causing a Living Connector to appear on someone's skin (Queen). Other than their leader, each member of NEVER uses a T2 Gaia Memory based on one of Kamen Rider Double's Gaia Memories.
Other Gaia Memories seen, yet not used in the series include Finger (フィンガー Fingā), Lightning (ライトニング Raitoningu), Key (キー Kī), Umbrella (アンブレラ Anburera), Gravitation (グラビテーション Gurabitēshon), Apple (アップル Appuru), Star (スター Sutā), Dog (ドッグ Doggu), Injury (インジャリー Injarī), Crab (クラブ Kurabu), Orange (オレンジ Orenji), Time (タイム Taimu), Zero (ゼロ Zero), Jazz (ジャズ Jazu), Ear (イア Ia), Music (ミュージック Myūjikku), Hell (ヘル Heru), You (ユー Yū), Pyramid (ピラミッド Piramiddo), and Ocean (オーシャン Ōshan).
In the real world, special edition Kamen Rider Gaia Memory Toys feature not only Gaia Memories used in the series but also Gaia Memories that features Kamen Riders, the Imagin Momotaros, and limited edition Gaia Memories like the Ganbaride Gaia Memory and the CycloneJoker Televikun Gaia Memory.
Though they weren't part of Dai-Shocker initally (as Kamen Rider W is a post-Decade show), at least one Dopant, the Weather Dopant, was part of the revived Dai-Shocker assembled by Decade to wipe out the Super Sentai, ensuring the survival of the Kamen Riders. After Dai-Shocker's alliance with Dai-Zangyack was revealed, both organizations were wiped out by a gathering of Kamen Riders and Super Sentai.
The Dopants, of both the Museum and Foundation X, were among the various evil organizations and monster races which were allied with Shocker in an alternate timeline where they conquered the world thanks to the Shocker Greeed. The Museum was represented by the Terror Dopant at the Great Leader of Shocker's conference of alliance, while the T-Rex, Triceratops, Beast, Hopper and Utopia Dopants were among Shocker's army of monsters. When all the Kamen Riders came back in 2011, Shotaro and Philip returned as Kamen Rider Double and defeated the Dopants allied with Shocker who were attacking the Master of Fumen.
Several Dopants, along with Yummies, Zodiarts, and Phantoms, were part of the Monster Army, a hoard of kaijin who were revived by the Akumaizer to conquer humanity. They were defeated by a group of eight Kamen Riders consisting of Kamen Rider Wizard, Fourze, Meteor, Nadeshiko, Double, Accel, OOO, and Birth.
A Bat and Beast Dopant were members of Space Shocker, an evil amalgamation organization similar to Dai-Shocker, which aimed to conquer the universe. It was actually a front for the revival of the Space Crime Syndicate Madou.
World within the Magic Stone
The souls of defeated Dopants (the essence of their Gaia Memories presumably), among the other monster races fought by the Kamen Riders, surfaced in the world within the Magic Stone which was ruled by the evil wizard Amadum. Amadum's army of monsters were fought and destroyed by the 15 Heisei Riders when they were summoned to this world.
Super Hero Taisen GP
In an alternate timeline created by Shocker's History Modifying Machine enacting an assassination of the Double Riders by Kamen Rider 3 in 1973, at least one Dopant, Weather, was among the many monsters that served the evil organization which ruled the world in this timeline. During the final battle against the Kamen Riders, Weather Dopant was destroyed by V3.
Ryubee Sonozaki was brought back by Frey as an opponent in order for the current Kamen Riders to unlock Kamen Rider Double's Ghost Eyecon, a feat which was achieved by Kamen Rider Specter who used it to assume W Damashii and destroy the Terror Dopant again.
- Main article: Sonozaki Family
- Main article: Shinkuro Isaka
- Main article: Masquerade Dopants
- Main article: Foundation X
- Main article: Jun Kazu
- Main article: Yousuke Togawa
- Main article: Marina Tsumura
- Main article: Taizo Kaga
- Main article: Genzo Takamura
- Main article: Ikari
- Main article: Yukiko Sasaki
- Main article: Sachi Yamamura
- Main article: Tsuyoshi Ageo
- Main article: Kenji Kurata
- Main article: Bird Dopant
- Main article: Kiyoshi Katahira
- Main article: Aya Kujo
- Main article: Sachio Sawada
- Main article: Keio Horinouchi
- Main article: Lily Shirogane
- Main article: Hajime Fukushima
- Main article: Maruo Arima
- Main article: Suzuko Arima
- Main article: Yukie Sudo
- Main article: Nagi Shimamoto
- Main article: Grasshopper Woman
- Main article: Toru Kawai
- Main article: Makoto Uesugi
- Main article: Takashi Soma
- Main article: Energy
In Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Double & Decade: Movie War 2010's Kamen Rider Double: Begins Night, Masquerade Dopants appear in the movie as well.
- Gaia Memory: Death Memory
- Memory Break: Kamen Rider Skull's Skull Banisher
The Death Dopant (デス・ドーパント Desu Dōpanto), has the ability to bring anyone back from the dead and carries a scythe with a white dummy attached to it. It was defeated by Kamen Rider Skull at an unknown time. It's appearance was used by the Dummy Dopant in a plot he devised.
- Main article: Father Roberto Shijima
- Main article: Doctor Shinigami
- Identity: Eijiro Hikari
- Actor: Renji Ishibari
At some unknown point, Eijiro Hikari was given the Dr. Shinigami Memory by Ryubee Sonozaki, which causes him to transform into Super Dr. Shinigami when conned by Narutaki into speaking the word "Ikadevil". In this form he acts as the leader of Super Shocker. After the Neo Organism takes over the Super Crisis Fortress, Super Dr. Shinigami is trapped within the fortress until it is hit by Kamen Rider Double HeatMetal's Maximum Drive, which destroys the fortress and the Dr. Shinigami Memory. This causes Eijiro to forget the entire experience. How and when Eijiro originally encountered Ryubee or was injected with the Memory is entirely unclear.
- Main article: Seiichiro Matsui
- Main article: Eren Komori
- Main article: NEVER
T2 Luna Dopant
- Main article: Kyosui Izumi
T2 Heat Dopant
- Main article: Reika Hanehara
T2 Metal Dopant
- Main article: Gozo Domoto
T2 Trigger Dopant
- Main article: Ken Ashihara
T2 Cyclone Dopant
- Main article: Maria S. Cranberry
Other T2 Dopants
In addition to the above five Dopants, there are also new IceAge, Nasca, Violence, and Weather Dopants who transform using T2 Gaia Memories. In addition to the above, Eternal, and Joker, the other Gaia Memories featured in the movie are Accel, Bird, Dummy, Fang, Gene, Key, Ocean, Puppeteer, Queen (クイーン Kuīn), Rocket (ロケット Roketto), Skull, Unicorn (ユニコーン Yunikōn), Xtreme, Yesterday, and Zone.
- Main article: Izo Aida
In the webisode "The Doctor is Happy About B/Now, In the Mumbling", the Bean Memory is tested on Makura with the intent to turn him into the Bean Dopant (ビーン・ドーパント Bīn Dōpanto). This Gaia Memory had previously appeared in the television series in where it is shown being forcibly used on a Museum test subject before resulting in the man's death.Appears in episode 21 in a flashback
In the webisode "The K is Drowsy/A Speaking Only Experiment", the Kabuki Memory is tested on Jinno with the intent to turn him into the Kabuki Dopant (カブキ・ドーパント Kabuki Dōpanto).
In the webisode "The Comedy of Y/The Man Searching for Curry", the Yoga Memory is tested on Makura with the intent to turn him into the Yoga Dopant (ヨーガ・ドーパント Yōga Dōpanto), a Dopant with stretching powers not unlike the Luna Dopant.
In the webisode "The U is a Mystery!/Rondo", Master of the Fumen ramen stand becomes the UFO Dopant (UFO・ドーパント Yūfō Dōpanto) while Jinno and Makura were studying the UFO Memory.
- Main article: Hiroshi Sagami
- Main article: Sabu
- Main article: Chuuta Tsubosaki
- Main article: Yukiji Bando
- Main article: Scream Dopant
- Main article: Brachiosaurus Dopant
- Main article: Meganeura Dopant
- Main article: Caracal Dopant
- Main article: Alcohol Dopant
- Main article: Puzzle Dopant
- Main article: Reactor Dopant
- Main article: Antlion Dopant
- All Dopants are designed by Katsuya Terada.
- Even though the memories used by Minor Dopants are hinted to be weaker than the Gold Memories, some of them seem to actually surpass the ones used by Museum in one way or another. Examples would be the Virus Memory, Quetzalcoatlus Memory, Jewel Memory, Death Memory and the Old Memory.
- Dopant's are the first Heisei Era Kaijin to not have a set motif.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Magma Dopant". Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "TV Asahi's page on the T-Rex Dopant". Retrieved 2009-09-13.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Money Dopant". Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Anomalocaris Dopant". Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Gokistar manga". http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/double/manga/index.html. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Cockroach Dopant". Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Sweets Dopant". Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Virus Dopant". Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Violence Dopant". Retrieved 2009-12-05.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Arms Dopant". Retrieved 2009-12-19.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Bird Dopant". Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "TV Asahi's page on the IceAge Dopant". Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Triceratops Dopant". Retrieved 2010-02-07.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Liar Dopant". Retrieved 2010-02-21.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Puppeteer Dopant". Retrieved 2010-03-06.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Invisible Dopant". http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/double/dopant/15.html. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Nightmare Dopant". http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/double/dopant/17.html. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Beast Dopant". http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/double/dopant/18.html. Retrieved 2010-04-18
- "TV Asahi's page on the Zone Dopant". http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/double/dopant/19.html. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Yesterday Dopant". http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/double/dopant/20.html. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Quetzalcoatlus Dopant". http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/double/dopant/21.html. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Hopper Dopant". http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/double/dopant/22.html. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Gene Dopant". http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/double/dopant/29.html. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Jewel Dopant". http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/double/dopant/31.html. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- "TV Asahi's page on the Old Dopant". http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/double/dopant/32.html. Retrieved 2010-07-18.
- "エターナルはめちゃくちゃ強いです！『仮面ライダーW FOREVER AtoZ／運命のガイアメモリ』製作発表会見: OCNアニメ・特撮公式ブログ OCNアニメニュース". 2010-06-01. http://animation.blog.ocn.ne.jp/anime/2010/06/w_forever_atoz_.html. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "磯山さやかが異星人！念願の出演「うれしい」（芸能） ― スポニチ Sponichi Annex ニュース". 2010-05-27. http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2010/05/27/02.html. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- Hyper Hobby Magazine, July 2010
All items (28)