|This article is about a/an group of monstrous Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Zi-O.|
|This article needs to be updated.
History section need update
These omissions are so great that the article's factual accuracy has been compromised. Check out the discussion page and revision history for further clues about what needs to be updated in this article.
Creation and Consequences
Another Riders are created when an individual comes into contact with an Another Watch, that has absorbed the power of a Kamen Rider, and has it inserted into their bodies. These Another Watches can only be created by a Time Jacker, who can then insert the Ridewatch into either themselves or a host of their choosing. The resulting transformation is a monstrous aberration that match the Rider slightly in appearance, with only varying in dissimilarity. The more recent users seem to have some form of control over their Another Riders' powers and can transform into their monstrous forms at will.
Once the Another Watch is created, the respective Kamen Rider loses all of his powers, his memories of becoming a Kamen Rider, as well as his enemies being erased from existence, drastically changing the history during their respective timelines. While most of the initial Another Riders were created during the year their original counterparts debuted, they can also be created in the present day to avoid altering the original timeline.
Another Riders have their creation year on their bodies along with their names. However that number can be interfered if the host is a former Kamen Rider from an entirely different era than the Rider the Another Rider is based off of. For example Kuroto Dan is from 2016's Ex-Aid, but turned into Another OOO who originated in 2010. This caused the 2010 that was written on him to look similar to 2016, which had initially influenced Geiz Myokoin to use Kamen Rider Gemn's Ridewatch. This rule does not apply on the Future Riders.
Another Riders can only be destroyed by a Kamen Rider who is using the appropriate RideArmor or Futurering Form of whom the Another Rider was based off on, or by using the DecadeArmor, augmented with the appropriate Ridewatch, or by Zi-O II, or by Zi-OTrinity. Defeating them through other means will only incapacitate the Another Rider momentarily, which during this period of time before the Another Watch is reset and re-inserted into their bodies, the original Riders' powers and memories will return temporarily, allowing them to interact with Sougo and Geiz properly and give them their respective Ridewatches, allowing Zi-O (or Geiz) to travel back in time to when the Another Rider was created and defeat them permanently using the newly acquired Ridewatch. The side-effect of this, however, is that once the Another Rider is destroyed, the changes made during the altered timeline also become permanent. For the Future Riders, this period of time allows Woz to create the appropriate Miridwatch needed to defeat the Another Rider, due to the Future Riders not existing during the present day.
In order for a Kamen Rider to be eligible for Another Rider conversion, the Time Jackers must be aware of their origin of being and have a method to go corrupt their powers. There are some Riders that fall under this category:
- Tsukasa Kadoya / Kamen Rider Decade: An Another Decade was unable to be created due to Tsukasa's origin of being from another dimension. Moreover, the Time Jackers have no known method for traveling to other dimensions, much less Tsukasa's own.
- Dark Shinji / Kamen Rider Ryuga: The Time Jackers were originally unaware of Mirror World until Tsukasa told them of its existence and how to access it, thus sparked the creation of Another Ryuga.
- Kamen Rider Ginga: Ginga's origins are completely unknown, thus an Another Ginga is currently not makable at this time. Tsukasa theorizes that Ginga is an anomaly created by a fracture in the space-time continuum.
Despite the rules mentioned, there have been special cases where Kamen Riders have been allowed to exist simultaneously with their Another Rider counterparts due to certain circumstances.
- Kamen Rider Build and Kamen Rider Cross-Z temporarily had their powers and fought Another Build. This is due to the incubation period where the existence of the Another Riders will slowly drain their powers (and later memories) until they're gone completely. In most cases, this period is skipped on-screen, and veteran Riders appear with their powers and memories already 100% wiped, while in possession of their Ridewatches.
- Ryotaro Nogami and the Taros are Singularity Points, meaning the creation of Another Den-O and other temporal changes in the past cannot and will not affect them. This rule does not apply to the version of Den-O that appeared towards the end of Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER, who is protected by the people's fictional cognition of him, and not by his status as a singularity point.
- In Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FOREVER, Kamen Rider Kuuga and Double were able to exist while Another Kuuga and Double were still around. This is due to all of the Riders there being manifestations from fiction and not the actual Riders themselves, including that version of Den-O as well.
- Due to Kouta Kazuraba's status as a god, the creation of Another Gaim preserves his divine being, but only temporarily. The timeline alteration and God Kouta's erasure from existence become imminent once Another Gaim is defeated.
- Mondo Douan and Another Quiz were able to co-exist for two explainable reasons:
- The Mondo that appeared in 2019 alongside Another Quiz was taken from a moment before his powers were corrupted. By this logic, most Kamen Riders may very well be spared if a version of them before their powers were taken was brought to a point where an Another Rider of them exists, though this creates a temporal paradox that erases the fact that their powers were stolen in the first place.
- It is never revealed when exactly Mondo received his powers, though his adept usage of Quiz's powers in 2019 indicate that he had been active as Quiz for several months before Another Quiz's creation. With the new status quo that was established by Another Blade, it can be assumed that because Another Quiz was not created during Quiz's "debut year", Mondo retained his powers.
- Rento Makina is able to exist as a Kamen Rider in 2121 despite there being an Another Kikai in 2019. This is due to Rento being nothing but a figment of Sougo's imaginations being brought to life.
- Shinji Kido and the rest of the Ryuki Riders were still able to transform in 2019 despite the existence of Another Ryuki, dated 2002. This is due to their powers in 2019 being recreations by a mysterious figure.
- If an Another Rider was not created within a year of their original counterpart's debut, it will not erase the original's existence. Starting from the creation of Another Zi-O, the following Another Riders that come after are born in 2019 rather than their respective years of their corresponding rider's debut.
The first known Another Rider, Another Build, was created in 2017, transforming from a basketball player, originally destined to die, after he was saved by Heure , who provided him with the Another Build Ridewatch.
The second Another Rider, Another Ex-Aid was created in 2016. He was a father who's son was hospitalized for an unknown reason. Offering to save his son, Ora provided him with the Another Ex-Aid Ridewatch.
The third Another Rider, Another Faiz was created in 2003. Sakuma, a student who felt guilty about his girlfriend's death, was offered the Another Faiz Ridewatch by Ora, and used in order to save her. This power, however, eventually waned as it started to weaken in 2011. Made desperate by the fact his power was fading away, he was approached by another Time Jacker, Swartz, and was given the Another Fourze Ridewatch, becoming the fourth Another Rider, Another Fourze.
The fifth Another Rider, Another Wizard was created in 2012 when Hayase, a stage hand on a rundown magic theatre is found by Heure. To save the theatre, Hayase formed a contract with the Time Jacker and achieved magical power. At first, Hayase only uses his newfound magical power to perform magic shows that returns the theatre to its former glory, but after knowing that the theatre is going to be closed down anyways, he went berserk and attacks his show companions.
The sixth Another Rider, Another OOO was created in 2010, when Kuroto trying to prove that his dad is wrong as he thinks that he is immortal with his godlike talent. Heure made a contract with Kuroto Dan to become Another OOO. Using his authority, Kuroto established the Foundation in 2016 after the death of his father, and the Foundation soon grew into a mega corporation within two years. As an Another Rider, he uses cell medals to summon Waste Yummies to subjugate the people. Kuroto holds a press conference and declares that Dan Foundation will rule as a sovereign nation independent from Japan, with all of their properties becoming their own national territory where Japan's own laws become null and void.
The seventh Another Rider, Another Gaim was created in 2013, when Asura was a member of Team Baron whose expelled by Kaito and his peers. While lashing out at his former leader, Swartz freezes the time and transforms Asura into Another Gaim. Using his newfound ability, Asura expels Kaito and those who dare to oppose him into Helheim while taking over Team Baron's leadership.
The eighth Another Rider, Another Ghost was created in 2015, when Makimura was on duty when his sister, Maki gave him a Bento box. Just after Maki left, several steel beams suddenly fell from above, and about to kill Mika if Uhr didn't appear and stopping time. Heure proposes to form a contract with him, in order to save Mika and crown Makimura as the new King for Time Jackers. Out of sheer will alone, Makimura directly rejects Heure’s proposal. Makimura declares that he will not work with an evil person like Heure and that he’ll save Mika with his own power, much to Heure's disappointment and annoyance. Heure decides to let Makimura do as he pleased as he resumes the time. Makimura then pushes Mika away and gets hit by the steel beams instead, fatally wounding him. However, seconds before his death, Heure stops time once more, and forcefully inserts the Another Ghost Ridewatch into Makimura, now a lifeless corpse.
The ninth Another Rider, Another Shinobi was created in 2019, when Rentaro, after being beaten by thugs when standing up for a friend, desire strength and Heure imbued him with the Shinobi Anotherwatch, transforming him into his corrupted future self.
The tenth Another Rider,Another Quiz was also created in 2019, when Tamotsu Douan hit a dead end with his projects, causing him to abandon his wife and son. When Mondo arrives to 2019 under White Woz's ability, Ora used this opportunity to transform Tamotsu into a twisted version of his son's future alter-ego, Another Quiz. This caused him to attack researchers and absorb their knowledge, creating a string of disappearance cases.
Powers and Abilities
- Invulnerability: Another Riders are essentially invincible to anything other than the listed weaknesses below and will re-spawn indefinitely if defeated outside those conditions.
- Ridewatch Ejection: In rare occurrences, it's possible for Another Riders to eject regular Ridewatches based on their corresponding power. Instances include Another OOO dropping the Genm Ridewatch after being intercepted by the Taka Watchroid and both Blade and Chalice Ridewatches dropped after the defeat of Another Blade, the latter who absorbed their powers.
- Corresponding Rider power: An Another Rider can be harmed and killed by the Kamen Rider they are derived from. Though their presence would soon cause that Kamen Rider to be erased from history (also if this doesn't seem to apply to future Riders Ridewatch wielded by either Zi-O or Geiz in the form of a Rider Armor. Once an Another Rider is defeated by the corresponding Rider Armor, they are permanently neutralized as their Anotherwatch is destroyed. The same rule is applied to other methods of replicating a Legend Rider's power, like with Decade's Rider Cards.
), their power can be preserved and replicated through the
- This weakness can be fixed by having multiple Another Rider' powers in oneself. As long as the first power is not neutralized, that Another Rider would continue to resurrect even when destroyed by the corresponding Rider Armor. Furthermore, the original Kamen Rider may fail to completely defeat the Another Rider if he isn't serious enough.
- Power Decline: Another Riders' lifespan are limited and would eventually fade away. Overusing their power would accelerate this process, as seen when Another Faiz's power began to fade after 7 years. Their lifespan can be prolonged by taking a new Another Riderwatch, gaining a new Another Rider form from it if said Ridewatch is different.
- Kamen Rider Zi-O II: Due to Zi-O II having the power to transcend both space and time, his powers are capable of taking out Another Riders without the required Ridewatch needed to defeat them, regardless of when or where the Another Rider had originated. This method only works against an Another Rider with only one set of Rider powers.
- Kamen Rider Zi-OTrinity: Like Zi-O II, Zi-OTrinity can also take out Another Riders without the required Ridewatch needed to defeat them. However unlike Zi-O II, Zi-OTrinity is designed specifically to take out Another Riders who have absorbed several Rider powers, such as Another Blade, who also had Chalice's powers within her. Upon defeating the Another Rider, the Ridewatches of the powers that the Another Rider had absorbed will spawn from the destruction of the Anotherwatch. Although unconfirmed, Zi-OTrinity could have taken out Ryuichi Sakuma, who had absorbed both the powers of Fourze and Faiz.
List of Another Riders
Movies & Specials
- The Another Riders are designed by Yutaka Izubuchi (Another Build, Another Ex-Aid, Another OOO, Another Ghost, Another Shinobi, Another Agito) & Tamotsu Shinohara (Another Fourze, Another Faiz, Another Wizard, Another Gaim, Another Quiz, Another Ryuga, Another Kikai).
- Theme wise the Another Riders are slightly similar to the Negative Syndicates of the 30th Super Sentai GoGo Sentai Boukenger as both are themed after something from their predecessor seasons.
- Another Riders are mostly themed on past Kamen Riders (with the exception of Another Shinobi, Quiz and Kikai, who are based on future Riders). They're also connected to them directly, becoming monsters by receiving the power to become a Kamen Rider.
- The villains and monsters in the Negative Syndicates are themed after past Sentai Mecha and Robo's. (EX. Zukangami of the Dark Shadow is based on Denji Gattai Galaxy Mega from the 21st Super Sentai Denji Sentai Megaranger.) However, their connections to the past Mecha are purely visual and sometimes thematic homages, without actual acknowledgement that they're mimicking them in the story itself.
- The Another Riders use concepts from past Rider season Monsters.
- The Another Riders being humans using twisted versions of a Rider Collectible to transform is similar to the Dopants from Kamen Rider W and the Zodiarts from Kamen Rider Fourze.
- The concept leans more towards Dopants as the device is used in both monster creation and Form changes.
- Both monster types are normally defeated by a finisher using the power source of the same system, Maximum Drive and Limit Break, respectively.
- The concept of being created from making a contract with a Time Jacker is similar to the Imagin from Kamen Rider Den-O.
- The concept of humans turning into out of control monsters is similar to the Category H Inves from Kamen Rider Gaim.
- The idea that the system the devices stem from can create both Riders and monsters is similar to the Gamma from Kamen Rider Ghost and the Bugsters from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.
- The more grotesque appearance of the Ridewatches is similar to how Gamma Eyecons were more eyeball-like in design.
- The Another Riders being humans using twisted versions of a Rider Collectible to transform is similar to the Dopants from Kamen Rider W and the Zodiarts from Kamen Rider Fourze.
- Early Another Riders has the name of the Rider they are based on & the air year of the Rider on different parts of their bodies (with the exception of the more recent Another Riders, whom have the current year written on them).
- The characteristics of the people who become Another Riders appear to be the opposite of their original Rider counterparts.
- Kuroto Dan (Kamen Rider Genm) is the first veteran Rider to become an Another Rider (Another OOO), followed by Dark Shinji (Kamen Rider Ryuga) as Another Ryuga.
- Another Riders' forms seem to draw aspects from their bases' more powerful forms:
- Another Zi-O: Event prediction, armor design, and usage of 2 swords like Kamen Rider Zi-O II.
- Another Build: A mix of RabbitTank Hazard's and RabbitTank Sparkling's design aesthetics.
- Another Ex-Aid: Hyper Muteki's "hair".
- Another Ghost: Toucon Damashii's Persona design
- Another Gaim: Kachidoki Arms' armor design and weapon type.
- Another Wizard: The coat design of Flame Dragon.
- Another Fourze: Cosmic States' Module Access.
- Another OOO: Super Tatoba Combo's coloring, and a scarf based off eagle wings, like Putotyra Combo's External Fins.
- Another Double: The bird-like design of the belt from CycloneJokerXtreme's Xtreme Memory, and the Joker half's spikes from FangJoker.
- Another Kiva: Design elements from Kiva's Emperor Form and the ability to use all 3 Arm Monsters weapons like DoGaBaKi form.
- Another Den-O: The train track designs from Den-O Climax Form, as well as that of New Den-O Strike Form, and the armor frame of Liner Form.
- Another Kabuto: Kabuto Hyper's horn.
- Another Hibiki: An armored body like Armed Hibiki.
- Another Blade: Heavy armor like King Form, and a sword appearing like a mix between the King Rouzer and the (Jack) Blay Rouzer.
- Another Faiz: The Rider Kick-like attack of Blaster form's variant of the Crimson Smash.
- Another Ryuki and Ryuga: Their Survive Form head and armor.
- Another Agito: The chest armor design and forearm blades of Agito's burning form.
- Another Kuuga: A potential force of destruction and an ability to grow more powerful like Kuuga's Ultimate Form.
- Another Riders appear similar to or display abilities/quirks from their monster contemporaries:
- Another Shinobi - A rather intended case; as his similarity to Yami Shinobi is enforced with the latter having his suit recycled from the former.
- Another Zi-O - A monster based on a Rider.
- Another Build - Consumption of Smash Bottles and him going berserk are based on early victims of Smash experimentation.
- Another Ex-Aid - A living plague of Bugster Viruses.
- Another Ghost - Performs soul extraction as his modus operandi, which alluded to Knife Gamma and Katchu Gamma.
- Another Gaim - Demonstrating the Overlords' abilities to command Inves and creating Crack portals.
- Another Wizard - His host, Hayase becomes rampant after learning of his crush's engagement; The Phantoms, Kamen Rider Wizard's adversaries, are born from Gates falling into despair.
- Another Fourze - Retains the Photon Blood-like trails from Another Faiz, which also alludes to the trails on a Zodiart's body. He molts into Another Faiz in a similar way to Zodiarts evolving into Horoscopes.
- Another OOO - Has a hybridization of three animals, based on the Greeeds and bleed Cell Medals upon receiving damage.
- Another Double - His Cyclone half's coloration closely resembles Nazca Dopant.
- Another Kiva - A similar design to the Bat Fangire.
- Another Den-O - A hybridization of Den-O Sword Form and its Imagin user, Momotaros.
- Another Kabuto: Armor design similar to Salis Worms.
- Another Hibiki: Similar design cues from Makamou Parents, as well as design elements from S.I.C. Kabuki.
- Another Blade - A similar design to the Beetle Undead.
- Another Faiz - Orphnoch-like rib cage and grey skin texture inherited from Another Fourze.
- Another Ryuki and Ryuga - A rather obvious case; as Riders of Kamen Rider Ryuki are known for following their respective Mirror Monster resemblances.
- Another Agito - Design aesthetics similar to Lords.
- Another Kuuga - Gurongi's golden accessories.
- Another Kikai is the only Another Rider based on a future Rider whose hosts are in no way related to the Rider' civilian identity.
- ↑ https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/294362
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cron204/status/1114922689875943424
- ↑ The rule is so simple that a holder of the power of a Rider cannot be defeated except by who holds the same Rider power. They who have the power of Wizard can beat each other, including ZI-O, Geiz, Decade and Another Wizard itself. - Shinichiro Shirakura's tweet
- ↑ Isn't it hard to compare Another Faiz who had used his power to keep his dead girlfriend alive with Another OOO who had simply used his ability to make others obey? - Shinichiro Shirakura's tweet
- ↑ https://twitter.com/toei_rider_zio/status/1034416128087347200
- ↑ https://twitter.com/junichi_yama/status/1056353275367178240
- ↑ https://twitter.com/junichi_yama/status/1069041658598060032
- ↑ https://twitter.com/junichi_yama/status/1046352972483981314
- ↑ https://twitter.com/junichi_yama/status/1051283096861962240
- ↑ https://twitter.com/junichi_yama/status/1063965084924313600
All items (49)