|This article is about a/an group of monstrous Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider Zi-O.|
|This article needs to be updated.
History section need update
These omissions are so great that the article's factual accuracy has been compromised. Check out the discussion page and revision history for further clues about what needs to be updated in this article.
Another Riders are created when an individual comes into contact with an Another Watch, that has absorbed the power of a Kamen Rider, and has it inserted into their bodies. These Another Watches can only be created by a Time Jacker, who can then insert the Ridewatch into either themselves or a host of their choosing. The resulting transformation is a monstrous aberration that match the Rider slightly in appearance, with only varying in dissimilarity. Once the Another Watch is created, the respective Kamen Rider loses all of his powers, his memories of becoming a Kamen Rider, as well as his enemies being erased from existence, drastically changing the history during their respective timelines. The more recent users seem to have some form of control over their Another Riders' powers and can transform into their monstrous forms at will.
Another Riders can only be destroyed by a Kamen Rider who is using the appropriate RideArmor or Futurering Form of whom the Another Rider was based off on, or by using the DecadeArmor, augmented with the appropriate Ridewatch, or by Zi-O II, or by Zi-O Trinity. Defeating them through other means will only incapacitate the Another Rider momentarily, which during this period of time before the Another Watch is reset and re-inserted into their bodies, the original Riders' powers and memories will return temporarily, allowing them to interact with Sougo and Geiz properly and give them their respective Ridewatches, allowing Zi-O (or Geiz) to travel back in time to when the Another Rider was created and defeat them permanently using the newly acquired Ridewatch. The side-effect of this, however, is that once the Another Rider is destroyed, the changes made during the altered timeline also become permanent. For the Future Riders, this period of time allows Woz to create the appropriate Miridwatch needed to defeat the Another Rider, due to the Future Riders not existing during the present day.
The existence of the original Riders disappear, and are replaced with the Another Rider instead. Once the Another Riders are defeated, the contract holder loses all memories of being one in the first place. All this will happen only if he/she isn't created in present-day.
Another Riders have a year number on their bodies along with their names The date is the year in which they were created. While most of the initial Another Riders were created during the year their original counterparts debuted, they can also be created in the present day to avoid erasing the original timeline. If a Kamen Rider is turned into an Another Rider, his/her own powers will interfere with the dating on them. For example, Kuroto Dan is from 2016's Ex-Aid, but turned into OOO who originated in 2010. This caused the 2010 that was written on him to look similar to 2016, which had initially influenced Geiz Myokoin to use Kamen Rider Gemn's Ridewatch. This rule does not apply on the Future Riders.
In order for a Kamen Rider to be eligible for Another Rider conversion, the Time Jackers must know of the original Riders' origins in order to go back in time and corrupt their powers. They were unable to create an Another Decade due to them not knowing of Tsukasa Kadoya's origin of being. They were also originally unaware of Mirror World, home to Kamen Rider Ryuga until Tsukasa told them.
Despite the rules mentioned, there have been special cases where Kamen Riders have been allowed to exist simultaneously with their Another Rider counterparts due to certain circumstances.
- Ryotaro Nogami and the Taros are Singularity Points, meaning the creation of Another Den-O and other temporal changes in the past cannot and will not affect them.
- Due to Kouta Kazuraba's status as a god, the creation of Another Gaim preserves his divine being, but only temporarily. The timeline alteration and God Kouta's erasure from existence become imminent once Another Gaim is defeated.
- The Mondo Douan that appeared in 2019 alongside Another Quiz was taken from a moment before his powers were corrupted. By this logic, most Kamen Riders may very well be spared if a version of them before their powers were taken was brought to a point where an Another Rider of them exists, though this creates a temporal paradox that erases the fact that their powers were stolen in the first place.
- Rento Makina is able to exist as a Kamen Rider in 2121 despite there being an Another Kikai in 2019. This is due to Sougo' ability to manifest his dreams into reality.
- Shinji Kido and the rest of the Ryuki Riders were still able to transform in 2019 despite the existance of both Another Ryuki and Another Ryuga, both dated 2002. For Ryuga, Dark Shinji is the one to install his power into Another Ridewatch and used it. While for Ryuki, his power was recreated and never taken in 2002. Instead, a mysterious figure is the one who responsible on creating Another Ryuki and his power was somehow used to create back the Mirror Riders.
- If the Another Rider was created during present day and not during their original counterpart's debut year, it will not erase the original's existence, provided earlier manifestations were born in the year of the original's debut. Examples include Another Zi-O, Another Blade, and Another Agito who came into existence in 2019 rather than their respective years of their corresponding rider's debut.
The first known Another Rider, Another Build, was created in 2017, transforming from a basketball player, originally destined to die, after he was saved by Heure , who provided him with the Another Build Ridewatch.
The second Another Rider, Another Ex-Aid was created in 2016. He was a father who's son was hospitalized for an unknown reason. Offering to save his son, Ora provided him with the Another Ex-Aid Ridewatch.
The third Another Rider, Another Faiz was created in 2003. Sakuma, a student who felt guilty about his girlfriend's death, was offered the Another Faiz Ridewatch by Ora, and used in order to save her. This power, however, eventually waned as it started to weaken in 2011. Made desperate by the fact his power was fading away, he was approached by another Time Jacker, Swartz, and was given the Another Fourze Ridewatch, becoming the fourth Another Rider, Another Fourze.
The fifth Another Rider, Another Wizard was created in 2012 when Hayase, a stage hand on a rundown magic theatre is found by Heure. To save the theatre, Hayase formed contract with the Time Jacker and achieve magical power. At first, Hayase only uses his newfound magic power to perform magic shows that returns the theatre to its former glory, but after knowing that the theatre is going to be closed down anyways, he went berserk and attacks his show companions.
The sixth Another Rider, Another OOO was created in 2010, when Kuroto trying to improve his dad is wrong as he think he is immortal with his godlike talent. Heure made a contract with Kuroto Dan to become Another OOO. Using his authority, Kuroto established the Foundation in 2016 after the death of Swartz, and the Foundation soon grew into a mega corporation within two years. As an Another Rider, he uses cell medals to summon Waste Yummies to subjugate the people. Kuroto holds a press conference and declares that Dan Foundation will rule as a sovereign nation independent from Japan, with all of their properties becoming their own national territory where Japan's own laws become null and void.
The seventh Another Rider, Another Gaim was created in 2013, when Asura was a member of Team Baron whose expelled by Kaito and his peers. While lashing out at his former leader, Swartz freezes the time and transforms Asura into Another Gaim. Using his newfound ability, Asura expels Kaito and those who dare to oppose him into Helheim while taking over Team Baron's leadership.
The eighth Another Rider, Another Ghost was created in 2015, when Makimura was on duty when his sister, Maki gave him a Bento box. Just after Maki left, several steel beams suddenly fell from above, and about to kill Mika if Uhr didn't appear and stopping time. Uhr proposes to form a contract with him, in order to save Mika and crown Makimura as the new King for Time Jackers. Out of sheer will alone, Makimura directly rejects Uhr’s proposal. Makimura declares that he will not work with an evil person like Uhr and that he’ll save Mika with his own power, much to Uhr disappointment and annoyance. Uhr decides to let Makimura do as he pleased as he resumes the time. Makimura then pushes Mika away and gets hit by the steel beams instead, fatally wounding him. However, seconds before his death, Uhr stops time once more, and forcefully inserts the Another Ghost ridewatch into Makimura, now a lifeless corpse.
The ninth Another Rider, Another Shinobi was created in 2019, when Rentaro, after being beaten by thugs when standing up for a friend, desire strength and Heure imbued him with the Shinobi Anotherwatch, transforming him into his corrupted future self.
The tenth Another Rider, Another Quiz was also created in 2019, when Tamotsu Douan hit a dead end with his projects, causing him to abandon his wife and son. When Mondo arrives to 2019 under White Woz's ability, Ora used this opportunity to transform Tamotsu into a twisted version of his son's future alter-ego, Another Quiz. This caused him to attack researchers and absorb their knowledge, creating a string of disappearance cases.
Powers and Abilities
- Invulnerability: Another Riders are essentially invincible to anything other than the listed weaknesses below and will re-spawn indefinitely if defeated outside those conditions.
- Ridewatch Ejection: In rare occurances, it's possible for Another Riders to eject regular Ridewatches based on their corresponding power. Instances include Another OOO dropping the Genm Ridewatch after being intercepted by the Taka Watchroid and both Blade and Chalice Ridewatches dropped after the defeat of Another Blade, the latter who absorbed their powers.
- Corresponding Rider power: An Another Rider can be harmed and killed by the Kamen Rider they are derived from. Though their presence would soon cause that Kamen Rider to be erased from history (also if this doesn't seem to apply to future Riders Ridewatch wielded by either Zi-O or Geiz in the form of a Rider Armor. Once a Another Rider is defeated by the corresponding Rider Armor, they are permanently neutralized as their Anotherwatch is destroyed. The same rule is applied to other methods of replicating a Legend Rider's power, like with Decade's Rider Cards.
), their power can be preserved and replicated through the
- This weakness can be fixed by having multiple Another Rider' powers in oneself. As long as the first power is not neutralized, that Another Rider would continue to resurrect even when destroyed by the corresponding Rider Armor. Furthermore, the original Kamen Rider may fail to completely defeat the Another Rider if he isn't serious enough.
- Power Decline: Another Riders' lifespan are limited and would eventually fade away. Overusing their power would accelerate this proccess, as seen when Another Faiz's power began to fade after 7 years. Their lifespan can be prolonged by taking a new Another Riderwatch, gaining a new Another Rider form from it if said Ridewatch is different.
- Kamen Rider Zi-O II: Due to Zi-O II having the power to transcend both space and time, his powers are capable of taking out Another Riders without the required Ridewatch needed to defeat them, regardless of when or where the Another Rider had originated. This method only works against an Another Rider with only one set of Rider powers.
- Kamen Rider Zi-O Trinity: Like Zi-O II, Zi-O Trinity can also take out Another Riders without the required Ridewatch needed to defeat them. However unlike Zi-O II, Zi-O Trinity is designed specifically to take out Another Riders who have absorbed several Rider powers, such as Another Blade, who also had Chalice's powers within her. Upon defeating the Another Rider, the Ridewatches of the powers that the Another Rider had absorbed will spawn from the destruction of the Anotherwatch. Although unconfirmed, Zi-O Trinity could have taken out Ryuichi Sakuma, who had absorbed both the powers of Fourze and Faiz.
List of Another Riders
- The Another Riders are designed by Yutaka Izubuchi (Another Build, Another Ex-Aid, Another OOO, Another Ghost, Another Shinobi, Another Agito) & Tamotsu Shinohara (Another Fourze, Another Faiz, Another Wizard, Another Gaim, Another Quiz, Another Ryuga, Another Kikai).
- Theme wise the Another Riders are slightly similar to the Negative Syndicates of the 30th Super Sentai GoGo Sentai Boukenger as both are themed after something from their predecessor seasons.
- Another Riders are mostly themed on past Kamen Riders (with the exception of Another Shinobi, Quiz and Kikai, who are based on future Riders). They're also connected to them directly, becoming monsters by receiving the power to become a Kamen Rider.
- The villains and monsters in the Negative Syndicates are themed after past Sentai Mecha and Robo's. (EX. Zukangami of the Dark Shadow is based on Denji Gattai Galaxy Mega from the 21st Super Sentai Denji Sentai Megaranger.) However, their connections to the past Mecha are purely visual and sometimes thematic homages, without actual acknowledgement that they're mimicking them in the story itself.
- The Another Riders use concepts from past Rider season Monsters.
- The Another Riders being humans using twisted versions of a Rider Collectible to transform is similar to the Dopants from Kamen Rider W and the Zodiarts from Kamen Rider Fourze.
- The concept leans more towards Dopants as the device is used in both monster creation and Form changes.
- Both monster types are normally defeated by a finisher using the power source of the same system, Maximum Drive and Limit Break, respectively.
- The concept of being created from making a contract with a Time Jacker is similar to the Imagin from Kamen Rider Den-O.
- The concept of humans turning into out of control monsters is similar to the Category H Inves from Kamen Rider Gaim.
- The idea that the system the devices stem from can create both Riders and monsters is similar to the Gamma from Kamen Rider Ghost and the Bugsters from Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.
- The more grotesque appearance of the Ridewatches is similar to how Gamma Eyecons were more eyeball-like in design.
- The Another Riders being humans using twisted versions of a Rider Collectible to transform is similar to the Dopants from Kamen Rider W and the Zodiarts from Kamen Rider Fourze.
- Early Another Riders has the name of the Rider they're based on & the air year of the Rider on different parts of their bodies (with the exception of the more recent Another Riders, whom have the current year written on them).
- The characteristics of the people who become Another Riders appear to be the opposite of their original Rider counterparts.
- Kuroto Dan (Kamen Rider Genm) is the first veteran Rider to become an Another Rider (Another OOO), followed by Dark Shinji (Kamen Rider Ryuga) as Another Ryuga.
- Another Riders' forms seem to draw aspects from their bases' more powerful forms:
- Another Zi-O: Event prediction, armor design, and usage of 2 swords like Kamen Rider Zi-O II.
- Another Build: A mix of RabbitTank Hazard's and RabbitTank Sparkling's design aesthetics.
- Another Ex-Aid: Hyper Muteki's "hair".
- Another Ghost: Toucon Damashii's Persona design
- Another Gaim: Kachidoki Arms' armor design and weapon type.
- Another Wizard: The coat design of Flame Dragon.
- Another Fourze: Cosmic States' Module Access.
- Another OOO: Super Tatoba Combo's coloring, and a scarf based off eagle wings, like Putotyra Combo's External Fins.
- Another Double: The bird-like design of the belt from CycloneJokerXtreme's Xtreme Memory, and the Joker half's spikes from FangJoker.
- Another Den-O: The train track designs from Den-O Climax Form, as well as that of New Den-O Strike Form, and the armor frame of Liner Form.
- Another Blade: Heavy armor like King Form, and a sword appearing like a mix between the King Rouzer and the (Jack) Blay Rouzer.
- Another Faiz: The Rider Kick-like attack of Blaster form's variant of the Crimson Smash.
- Another Ryuki and Ryuga: Their Survive Form head and armor.
- Another Agito: The chest armor design and forearm blades of Agito's burning form.
- Another Kuuga: A potential force of destruction and an ability to grow more powerful like Kuuga's Ultimate Form.
- Another Riders appear similar to or display abilities/quirks from their monster contemporaries:
- Another Shinobi - A rather intended case; as his similarity to Yami Shinobi is enforced with the latter having his suit recycled from the former.
- Another Zi-O - A monster based on a Rider.
- Another Build - Consumption of Smash Bottles and him going berserk are based on early victims of Smash experimentation.
- Another Ex-Aid - A living plague of Bugster Viruses.
- Another Ghost - Performs soul extraction as his modus operandi, which alluded to Knife Gamma and Katchu Gamma.
- Another Gaim - Demonstrating the Overlords' abilities to command Inves and creating Crack portals.
- Another Wizard - His host, Hayase becomes rampant after learning of his crush's engagement; The Phantoms, Kamen Rider Wizard's adversaries, are born from Gates falling into despair.
- Another Fourze - Retains the Photon Blood-like trails from Another Faiz, which also alludes to the trails on a Zodiart's body. He molts into Another Faiz in a similar way to Zodiarts evolving into Horoscopes.
- Another OOO - Has a hybridization of three animals, based on the Greeeds and bleed Cell Medals upon receiving damage.
- Another Double - His Cyclone half's coloration closely resembles Nazca Dopant.
- Another Den-O - A hybridization of Den-O Sword Form and its Imagin user, Momotaros.
- Another Blade - A similar design to the Beetle Undead.
- Another Faiz - Orphnoch-like rib cage and grey skin texture inherited from Another Fourze.
- Another Ryuki and Ryuga - A rather obvious case; as Riders of Kamen Rider Ryuki are known for following their respective Mirror Monster resemblances.
- Another Agito - Design aesthetics similar to Lords.
- Another Kuuga - Gurongi's golden accessories.
- Another Kikai is the only Another Rider based on a future Rider whose hosts are in no way related to the Rider' civilian identity.
- ↑ https://natalie.mu/eiga/news/294362
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cron204/status/1114922689875943424
- ↑ The rule is so simple that a holder of the power of a Rider cannot be defeated except by who holds the same Rider power. They who have the power of Wizard can beat each other, including ZI-O, Geiz, Decade and Another Wizard itself. - Shinichiro Shirakura's tweet
- ↑ Isn't it hard to compare Another Faiz who had used his power to keep his dead girlfriend alive with Another OOO who had simply used his ability to make others obey? - Shinichiro Shirakura's tweet
- ↑ https://twitter.com/toei_rider_zio/status/1034416128087347200
- ↑ https://twitter.com/junichi_yama/status/1056353275367178240
- ↑ https://twitter.com/junichi_yama/status/1069041658598060032
- ↑ https://twitter.com/junichi_yama/status/1046352972483981314
- ↑ https://twitter.com/junichi_yama/status/1051283096861962240
- ↑ https://twitter.com/junichi_yama/status/1063965084924313600
All items (44)