|This article is about an ally in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
Burgermon Bugster (バガモンバグスター, Bāgāmon Bagusutā) is a Bugster born from data of the cooking video game, Ju Ju Burger.
The Burgermon Bugster was created from Tsukuru Koboshi after he finished the data of the game Ju Ju Burger which was infected with the Bugster virus. After emerging, he immediately began acting benevolent and friendly to Tsukuru, the two becoming like father and son. He was encountered by Emu, bringing himself to CR's attention; despite being friendly, his presence was still exacerbating Tsukuru's game illness, and could lead to him disappearing despite not wanting to make him. Seeing he was a danger to his friend and treated as a villain by everyone he met, he accepted his character's intended role and tried attacking people, but was faced by Ex-Aid using the Ju Ju Burger Gashat to become Burger Action Gamer Level 4. Ex-Aid said that not all villains were meant to be defeated, using a Ju Ju Critical Strike to turn the ammunition Burgermon Bugster was shooting at him into a hamburger that he presented to the Bugster; this made Burgermon Bugster smile, an action which cleared Ju Ju Burger and cured Tsukuru of the game illness. However, they were attacked by Kamen Rider Genm Zombie Gamer Level X, who used Critical Dead to target the wayward Bugster and Tsukuru; Burgermon Bugster ran into the attack to protect his friend, being destroyed in the process. 「A Nonstandard BURGSTER?」
Revealing his true nature to Emu as his Bugster and other side, Parado used their mutual objections to Burgermon Bugster's termination at the hands of Kuroto Dan as an example of how they synchronized. 「We're Me!?」
Following the demise of Masamune Dan, Tsukuru became the CEO of Genm Corp., 「Endless Game」 which soon adopted Burgermon as a second mascot accompanying Mighty of Mighty Action X. 「Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: True Ending」
He is overall polite, kind, and somewhat childlike. However, he was willing to sacrifice himself to save Tsukuru not once, but twice, one of which involved trying to make himself look like a villain so the heroes could defeat him without feeling regret for doing so, the other by running into Genm's Critical Dead zombie manifestations meant for Tsukuru.
The Bugsters originate as the microscopic Bugster Virus (バグスターウイルス, Bagusutā Uirusu), a result of humans being contaminated by the Bugster, thus developing the condition known as the Game Illness (ゲーム病, Gēmu-byō).
Skipping the Bugster Union stage entirely, Burgermon Bugster emerged and split from his host almost immediately after the initial infection. He is based on Burgermon, the main antagonist of the game Ju Ju Burger. Instead of being fought and defeated, however, the point of the game was to prepare Burgermon a "Ju Ju burger" to make him smile.
Despite having a simple mouth on his main face, his entire hamburger head apparently opens up into a gigantically wide mouth.
Burgermon Bugster's left arm, the Burger Conveyer (バガコンベアー, Baga Konbeā), is able to shoot out multiple burger ingredients as projectiles.
Double Cheese Burgermon Bugster (ダブルチーズバーガーモンバグスター, Daburu Chīzu Bāgāmon Bagusutā) is the upgrade version of Burgermon Bugster.
Powers and Abilities
He can launch weaponized hamburger ingredients from the conveyor belt on his left arm.
Behind the Scenes
Burgermon Bugster was voiced by Tsuyoshi Koyama (小山 剛志, Koyama Tsuyoshi), who is known for voicing Kamen Rider Odin and the Visors from Kamen Rider Ryuki, and portrayed by suit actor Jiro Uchikawa (内川 仁朗, Uchikawa Jirō).
Burgermon Bugster was designed by Katsuya Terada (寺田 克也, Terada Katsuya).
- Burgermon Bugster's suit appears to be a recolored version of the base suits used by Collabos Bugsters, with the addition of hamburger buns on its head.
- In a similar manner to Poppy Pipopapo, Burgermon Bugster's status as a benevolent Bugster may be related to his model character Burgermon not being a conventional antagonist due to the player's goal being to make him smile as opposed to defeating him in a violent manner.
- This is further evidenced in Taiga's attacks not being as effective, similar to how Collabos Bugster (DoReMiFa Beat) required rhythm to fight properly.
- Burgermon Bugster is very similar to Roidmude 072 and Gazai Gamma from the previous two series.
- The three of them come from their respectives villain factions but they decided to follow the side of good.
- The three of them want to live a normal life alongside the humans.
- The three of them befriended certain humans who took care of them and do whatever is necessary to protect them in exchange.
- Both 072 and Burgermon Bugster are destroyed by an antagonist in their only episode.
- Like Poppy, Burgermon Bugster can enter and exit the Game Cabinet in CR at will alongside her.
- Coincidentally, there is a Digimon character that shares his name with the game character Burgermon Bugster took his likeness and abilities from.
- Burgermon Bugster's design makes him a little similar to Mayor McCheese from the McDonalds franchise.
- This fact is coincidental as McDonalds is one of the sponsors of Toei.
- Furthering the comparison, his Double Cheese form has a small badge that looks like an upside-down form of the iconic "M" seen on products and signage.
- Uchusen Yearbook 2018 - Page 9