|This article is about a/an rider machine in Kamen Rider Black and Kamen Rider Black RX.|
The Battle Hopper (バトルホッパー Batoru Hoppā) is a living motorcycle used by Kamen Rider BLACK. It was created by Gorgom, made specifically for the upcoming Creation Kings Black Sun and Shadow Moon. When Kohtaro Minami was ambushed by the members of Gorgom during his escape, he drives the Battle Hopper and finally got away from Gorgom headquarters. The Battle Hopper has the ability to heal its own wounds if damaged, and can stand on its own if knocked over. His special move is the Dynamic Smash, a body slam attack that is executed at full speed. Before the finale, because Battle Hopper is connected to the King Stones, it was controlled by Shadow Moon due to this connection until Black used his King Stone Flash to disconnect the two. After taking heavy damage and suicide ramming itself towards Shadow Moon, it thanked Kohtaro for everything and seemingly died. It then reappeared in Black RX due his strong connection to Kohtaro's King Stone which caused it to be resurrected as Acrobatter in response to the Sun King Stone's evolution.
Speed: 1000 km/hour (621 mph)
The Acrobatter (アクロバッター Akurobattā) is the revived version of the Battle Hopper. It is now capable of speaking coherent Japanese, and often has conversations with Kohtaro. Whenever BLACK RX transforms into any of his two other forms, it does the same.
Acrobatter transforms into Roboizer (ロボイザー Roboizā) when RX becomes Robo Rider. This mode of Acrobatter's has two blasters mounted at its rear.
Appearances: RX Episode 16.
Acrobatter transforms into Mach Jabber (マックジャバー Makku Jabā) when RX becomes Bio Rider.
Appearances: RX Episodes 17, 20 & 37.
Battle Hopper was introduced in the 7th chapter of the 1988 Kamen Rider Black manga. It was created by a motorcycle manufacturer named Daimon, who was a fan of the original Kamen Rider series and created the bike as a pet project. (Which is both ironic and meta as a Kamen Rider exists in this universe too.) The bike is depicted as being sleeker than its TV counterpart and has a 2,000cc motor with an internalized computer.
Video game appearances
Kamen Rider Black: Taiketsu Shadow Moon
Battle Hopper is available to be used by Kamen Rider Black in the video game Kamen Rider Black: Taiketsu Shadow Moon.
Kamen Rider: The Bike Race
Behind the scenes
- The Acrobatter's name is taken from "Acrobat", Battle and "Batta" (Japanese for grasshopper).
Behind the scenes
- As seen in the book Kamen Rider Art Collection Hero Hen, the Mach Jabber was originally conceived as having a hawk design motif while the Roboizer had a scorpion motif.
- It was shown in RX that after it died in the prequel, Battle Hopper was left right where it died until being revived as Acrobatter.
- In the first episode of RX, Acrobatter was still called "Battle Hopper" by RX after it had just been revived.
- Black and Black RX appear riding the Battle Hopper and Acrobatter respectively, among the other Kamen Riders on their Rider Machines, in the animated ending sequence of Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai.
- By performing the Au Lait function on the DX Sengoku Driver, the inserted Black Rider Lockseed makes the announcement, Battle Hopper!.
- In Indonesian version of Kamen Rider Black, Battlehopper was called "Belalang Tempur".