|This article is about a/an Rider in Kamen Rider Saber.|
Bahato (バハト) is the legendary Immortal Swordsman who was sealed away by Yuri one millennia ago into the Book of Ruin. He reappeared in modern-times and battled the Northern Base as Kamen Rider Falchion (仮面ライダーファルシオン Kamen Raidā Farushion), eventually being sealed away a second time. He was freed again, this time by Master Logos, to aid him in his goal of remaking the world in his own image, crossing paths with Yuri and Touma once more.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Video Game Appearances
- 3 Personality
- 4 Family
- 5 Powers and Abilities
- 6 Kamen Rider Falchion
- 7 Equipment
- 8 Relationships
- 9 Behind the Scenes
- 10 Notes
- 11 Appearances
- 12 References
Bahato was once a noble swordsman who used to be close friends with Yuri and an unknown person a thousand years ago, they found as Knights having vowed to protect the world together. One day, however, their unnamed comrade suddenly betrayed them during an attack by a swarm of Shimi, slaying Bahato's family due to somehow becoming corrupted by the promise of power. This lead the grieving Bahato to cut him down in retaliation and revenge.
The incident would change Bahato's personality forever; he now believed that humanity will always return to an inevitable cycle of betrayal as long as they existed, and sought to destroy the world by using the Book of Ruin.
Recognizing that his presence will pose a threat to the world, Yuri had no other option but to use the Kougouken Saikou and the Ankokuken Kurayami to seal Bahato away in the Book of Ruin in an attempt to curb his rampage. Bahato would thus hold a grudge against his former friend for this perceived betrayal.
Years later, Bahato would somehow escape from the Book of Ruin and continue his plans to destroy the world. Appearing in Wonder World and creating a black hole, the Northern Base swordsmen challenge him.
As Touma Kamiyama defeated some Shimi, he engaged into a duel with Bahato, learning that the latter wants to rid the world of power as it was the true root of wars in all worlds, be it Earth or Wonder World. Saber manages to deal many heavy blows and vanquish Falchion, but he revives and deals a heavy Fushicho Musou Giri at the Flame Swordsman, blasting him away.
- "Ruin will come to all! It won't be long until we meet again!"
- ―Bahato's vow to fight Touma again before his resealing[src]
Vowing to never give up fighting for the world and humanity's future, Touma unlocks the Emotional Dragon Wonder Ride Book and used this miraculous chance to transform into his new form, Saber Emotional Dragon. The two then continue their duel, with Falchion being overwhelmed by Emotional Dragon's power, while the rest of the Northern Base's Riders wiping out the rest of the Shimi army. Unleashing the Fushicho Musou Giri again, Falchion takes to the sky, continuing to declare the world's destruction. With Touma's refusal to back down, he breaks through Falchion's finisher and defeats him again, with the Dragons of Love and Pride personally sealing him away again.
At the Sword of Logos' Southern Base, Master Logos would obtain the Book of Ruin and places it inside a special container that shackles it with chains, ensuring that the Immortal Swordsman can never escape his prison without anyone being able to release him for the time being.
After declaring that it was time to awaken him from his slumber, Master Logos released Bahato from the Book of Ruin and offered to help with his revenge against the Northern Base swordsmen, which left Bahato intrigued by this "strange" incarnation of Master Logos as he accepted the offer.
Bahato appeared to Touma and Yuri, expressing amusement over the latter's presence and transforms into Falchion once again, initially pushing them into a corner with the nullifying ability of Mumeiken Kyomu. Soon after, Falchion intercepted the duel between Durendal and Blades. He attacks Durendal, stating that all swordsmen are his enemies regardless of allegiance. After Durendal retreated, Falchion turns his attention onto Blades, whom he would knock unconscious. When Touma, Yuri, and Mei arrive to stop him from doing anymore harm, Kento Fukamiya also arrived intending to seal every Seiken and transformed into Calibur. Falchion then joins in the scuffle, as well as Saber and Saikou. Unfortunately, Calibur and Falchion's finishers collided at Yuri, causing his human form to disappear. Bahato mocked Yuri's apparent demise, leading for Saber and Calibur to team up and deal a massive blow on Falchion. Defeated, Bahato took his leave before declaring that "she" has finally appeared.
Video Game Appearances
Kamen Rider Falchion Eternal Phoenix is a playable character in Battle Spirits with other Kamen Riders.
According to Yuri, Bahato was once a good and noble man, having made a vow to protect the world. However, the death of his wife and child at the hands of his former friend was the event that broke his mind and drove him insane, turning him into a destructive fatalist.
Despite being sealed away in the Book of Ruin for over 1000 years, it only served to further augment his destructive capabilities even more. He is subsequently shown to be remorseless, as he has no qualms about the deaths of many innocents that his schemes will cause. Believing that restarting both worlds will end the tainted history of man, his fatalistic and existential beliefs to Touma reveal that his goals stem from how humans are the true sources of conflict in all worlds due to his former friend's betrayal; as long as they crave power, they will always end up repeating their mistakes, and will forever tarnish history by these actions. Even when the other Riders counter his claims about humanity, Bahato refuses to change his ways, as he is adamant of his nihilist beliefs due to his constant declarations that the world is doomed to ruin itself, regardless of what the heroes proclaim to him.
Due to his mindset he does things by how he wants to without regard for others. Even when unsealed by Master Logos he still proclaimed all swordsmen as his enemy, and attacked Durendal and Blades.
Powers and Abilities
- Resurrection: Being the Immortal Swordsman, Bahato's main ability is to resurrect himself whenever he dies. If he does fall in battle, a glowing orange feather will slowly descend and touch the Haken Bladriver, creating a massive burst of black and orange flames that fade to reveal the already-transformed Falchion. Alternatively, his body can reform from complete nothingness if killed in the air, with glowing orange particles merging into the reformed Falchion.
- Blight Corruption: Bahato can make the environment around him turn gray and dissolve into dust simply by taking small steps on the ground. When doing this, he sends small orange waves that spread throughout the area.
- Longevity: Being the wielder of the Mumeiken Kyomu, Bahato has lived for thousands of years.
- Power Negation: Mumeiken Kyomu's has the ability to negate the abilities of those he fights. In their first rematch, Touma could not rely on his elemental physiology due to Kyomu's negation.
- Expert Swordsman: Being the chosen wielder of the Mumeiken Kyomu, Bahato is an expert swordsman, being able to overpower Saber Crimson Dragon simply due to his years of experience. In his return he was very easily able to overpower a much stronger Saber as well as Yuri.
- Book of Ruin: He is able to be forcefully sealed into the Book of Ruin. However, he can be unsealed by outside forces (i.e. Master Logos), or is able to (inexplicably) unseal himself.
Kamen Rider Falchion
- "Battou! Eternal Phoenix! Kyomu! Shikkoku no tsurugi ga mu ni kisu."
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Rider Height: 218.2 cm
- Rider Weight: 108.7 kg
- Punching Power: 60.2 t
- Kicking Power: 94.2 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 97.4 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 1.6 seconds
In this form, Falchion's stats are higher than Saber, Blades, and Espada in their Wonder Combo forms. In fact, he is stronger than even Saber Elemental Dragon, though slightly slower. While he does have slightly higher punching power than Durendal, Falchion loses to him in every other stat. However, this form has low defense, a flaw which Saber Emotional Dragon exploited to defeat him, he too has shown to become stronger when he resurrects, surpassing even Blades in his Tategami Hyoujuu Senki form, although he surpasses him in statistics.
Falchion can summon Eternal Phoenix's wings to gain flight during finishers or stabilize himself when launched into the air. Bearing the motif of a phoenix, he can revive himself in battle whenever he dies, mainly due to the Mumeiken Kyomu's nature.
Eternal Phoenix consists of the following parts:
- Falchion Helm Eternal Phoenix (ファルシオンヘルム エターナルフェニックス Farushion Herumu Etānaru Fenikkusu): The helmet.
- Sword Crown (ソードクラウン Sōdo Kuraun): The blade on the forehead. It is installed on the top of the head as a proof of being selected by the Seiken. It has the role of adjusting the state of Kamen Rider Falchion and the Seiken, and adjusts the power balance between them and cancels transformation in an emergency. It is also a blade with a sharp edge, and can also be used in battle.
- Phoenicrest (フェニックレスト Fenikkuresuto): The sensory antennae. It has excellent space grasping ability and can accurately detect attacks from all directions.
- Nil Visor (ニルバイザー Niru Baizā): The flame-style visor. It grants the user the ability to sort and clarify the power of sacred attributes by color coding.
- Eternal Phoenix Mask (エターナルフェニックスマスク Etānaru Fenikkusu Masuku): The facial mask. It possesses the power of the God Beast "Eternal Phoenix" and brings an endless eternal life to the user.
- Nil Robe (ニルローブ Niru Rōbu): An armor worn by a person selected by the Seiken Mumeiken Kyomu. Attached at the same time as the awakening of the Seiken, it gives the user the power to fight, such as improving sword skills, strengthening physical abilities, and activating special abilities. This is a special weapon for using the special abilities of the Wonder Ride Book Eternal Phoenix.
- Ribreas Cuirass (リブレスキュイラス Riburesu Kyuirasu): The chest and left shoulder armor. If it’s destroyed by an enemy, the user can be revived by the "eternal light" emitted by the God Beast "Eternal Phoenix".
- Eternal Phoenix Bauld (エターナルフェニックスボールド Etānaru Fenikkusu Bōrudo, play on Eternal Phoenix Pauldron): The right shoulder armor. It possesses the power of the God Beast "Eternal Phoenix" and brings eternity that transcends death and rebirth to user.
- Weben Arm (ウェベンアーム Ueben Āmu): The arms. The power of the God Beast "Eternal Phoenix" super-activates the body of the user, bringing the power to perform tremendous sword skills.
- Weben Gaunt (ウェベンガント Ueben Ganto): The gauntlets and gloves. Originally, it has the power to put on the "eternal light" that cuts off the flow, only on the blade of the Seiken Mumeiken Kyomu that returns all attributes to nothing.
- Feather Tassets (フェザータセット Fezā Tasetto): The armor with ultra-thin blades folded like the tail feathers of a phoenix. By wrapping the impact received with a "permanent light", the attack power is converted into its own energy, creating an inexhaustible power during battle.
- Weben Leg (ウェベンレッグ Ueben Reggu): The legs. It possesses the power of the God Beast "Eternal Phoenix", boosts jumping power with flight capability, and is good at aerial combat.
- Weben Sole (ウェベンソール Ueben Sōru): The feet. By wearing a "permanent light" that cuts off the flow, the user can activate the finisher move "Phoenix Musou" that turns everything into ashes.
This form has three finishers:
- Haken Bladriver Finishers:
- Musou Geki:
- Fushicho Musou Giri (不死鳥無双斬り Lit. "Phoenix Unrivaled Slash"): Has four variations:
- Falchion is surrounded by a ring of dark fire, which flows into the Mumeiken Kyomu. He then performs a vertical orange energy slash that travels forward with an energy construct of a phoenix flying behind it before it collides with the enemy.
- Falchion is surrounded by red and black energy before sprouting wings in a burst of fire. He then flies into the air with a phoenix made of fire behind him and launches a large orange and black energy slash at the opponent.
- Falchion delivers a slash of orange flames at close range before launching a larger, horizontal slash projectile after a short charging period. Both attacks produce waves of heat upon impact.
- Falchion covers the Mumeiken Kyomu with flames and swings it, creating a phoenix made of fire that flies into the enemy.
- Mumeiken Kyomu Finishers:
- Mugen Ittotsu (無限一突 Lit. "Infinite Single Strike"): Falchion scans a Wonder Ride Book against the base of the blade and performs an attack using its power.
- Eternal Phoenix: Falchion charges the Mumeiken Kyomu with red, orange, and black energy before being surrounded by orange feathers and performing two orange energy slashes in front of him. The slashes combine into a single X-shaped slash that flies into the opponent, with an energy construct of a phoenix flying behind it.
- Mugen Ittotsu (無限一突 Lit. "Infinite Single Strike"): Falchion scans a Wonder Ride Book against the base of the blade and performs an attack using its power.
- Haken Bladriver - Transformation device
- Wonder Ride Books - Transformation trinkets
- Hissatsuholder - Carrying straps for Wonder Ride Books.
- Master Logos: He was the one who freed Bahato of his seal once again. Bahato was at first apprehensive, though after being convinced of taking revenge on Touma he serves under him. Even then Bahato is keen on doing what he wants, even interfering between Durendal and Blades's fight.
- Touma Kamiyama/Kamen Rider Saber (II): Touma fought against him and resealed him. But later once freed again, he vowed revenge. This is one of his motivations after being unsealed by Master Logos.
- Yuri/Kamen Rider Saikou: It was shown in a flashback that he and Yuri were comrades over 1000 years ago. Due to Bahato straying from the heroic path and wielding Kyomu, Yuri was forced to seal him with Saikou and Kurayami. When they met after Bahato's second unsealing, there is clear hostility between the two of them, though Yuri is clearly disturbed that Bahato had to lead such a cruel path.
- Rintaro Shindo/Kamen Rider Blades (II): Once fought against the Water Swordsman, returns for revenge once freed of his seal.
- Kento Fukamiya/Kamen Rider Espada (II)/Kamen Rider Calibur (III): Once fought him as Espada and later as Calibur, they fought.
- Ryo Ogami/Kamen Rider Buster: One of the enemy swordsmen.
- Ren Akamichi/Kamen Rider Kenzan (II): One of the enemy swordsmen.
- Tetsuo Daishinji/Kamen Rider Slash: One of the enemy swordsmen.
- Reika Shindai/Kamen Rider Sabela: Sabela learned of Bahato as Master Logos's "hound".
- Ryoga Shindai/Kamen Rider Durendal: Ryoga Discovered that Bahato was Master Logos's "hound". He later intervened in the fight between Ryoga & Rintaro, proclaiming all swordsman as his enemy.
Behind the Scenes
Bahato is portrayed by Masashi Taniguchi (谷口 賢志 Taniguchi Masashi), who previously portrayed Jin Takayama/Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha in Kamen Rider Amazons and Nagare Tatsumi of Kyukyu Sentai GoGoFive. As Kamen Rider Falchion, his suit actor in the movie is Eitoku (永徳 Eitoku), while he is portrayed in-suit in the series by Takuma Komori (小森 拓真 Komori Takuma).
- As with the naming scheme of all the Saber Riders, Falchion is named after the word falchion, a one-handed, single-edged sword of European origin between the 13th and 16th centuries, whose design is reminiscent of the modern machete.
- Bahato's name almost homophones the Japanese word for "Unsheathe" (抜刀 Battō), which is used as a transformation announcement in both the Seiken Swordriver and the Haken Bladriver.
- Falchion's undersuit is a repaint of a Kamen Rider Ghost Transient suit, and reuses the left shoulder pad from Build's Taka Halfbody.
- Bahato's signature screams and laugh during his transformation sequence, battle against Saber, and finishers is a throwback and reference to Masashi Taniguchi's previous role as Jin Takayama/Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha in Kamen Rider Amazons, specifically during the events of Season 2.
- During the film's press conference, Taniguchi had jokingly introduced himself as Jin Takayama first before correcting his "mistake."
- Kamen Rider Saber