|This article is about a/an Rider in Kamen Rider Saber.|
- "All shall return to the void."
- ―Bahato's first words upon being released.[src]
- "Everything will soon perish. And this world... shall meet its end."
- ―Bahato's declaration to Earth.[src]
Bahato (バハト) was the legendary Immortal Swordsman who was sealed away by Yuri one millennia ago into the Book of Ruin. He reappeared in modern-times and battled the Northern Base as Kamen Rider Falchion (仮面ライダーファルシオン Kamen Raidā Farushion), eventually being sealed away a second time. He was freed again, this time by Master Logos, to aid him in his goal of remaking the world in his own image, crossing paths with Yuri and Touma once more.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Video Game Appearances
- 3 Personality
- 4 Family
- 5 Powers and Abilities
- 6 Kamen Rider Falchion
- 7 Equipment
- 8 Relationships
- 9 Behind the Scenes
- 10 Notes
- 11 Appearances
- 12 References
Bahato was once a noble swordsman who used to be close friends with Yuri and an unknown person a thousand years ago; as Knights of an unknown organization, the three had vowed to protect the world together. One day, however, their unnamed comrade suddenly betrayed them during an attack by a swarm of Shimi, slaying Bahato's family after becoming corrupted by the promise of power. This lead the grieving Bahato to cut him down in retaliation.
The incident would change Bahato's personality forever; disillusioned by his friend's sudden lust for power and betrayal, he now believed that humanity will always return to an inevitable cycle of betrayal as long as they existed, and sought to destroy the world by using the Book of Ruin.
Recognizing that his presence will pose a threat to the world, Yuri had no other option but to use the Kougouken Saikou and the Ankokuken Kurayami to seal Bahato away in the Book of Ruin in an attempt to curb his rampage. Because of this, Bahato held a grudge against his former friend for this perceived betrayal.
Years later, Bahato would somehow escape from the Book of Ruin and continue his plans to destroy the world. Appearing in Wonder World and creating a black hole, the Northern Base swordsmen challenge him.
As Touma Kamiyama defeated some Shimi, he engaged into a duel with Bahato, learning that the latter wants to rid the world of power as it was the true root of wars in all worlds, be it Earth or Wonder World. Saber manages to deal many heavy blows and vanquish Falchion, but he revives and deals a heavy Fushicho Musou Giri at the Flame Swordsman, blasting him away.
- "Ruin will come to all! It won't be long until we meet again!"
- ―Bahato's vow to fight Touma again before his resealing[src]
Vowing to never give up fighting for the world and humanity's future, Touma unlocks the Emotional Dragon Wonder Ride Book and used this miraculous chance to transform into his new form, Saber Emotional Dragon. The two then continue their duel, with Falchion being overwhelmed by Emotional Dragon's power, while the rest of the Northern Base's Riders wiping out the rest of the Shimi army. Unleashing the Fushicho Musou Giri again, Falchion takes to the sky, continuing to declare the world's destruction. With Touma's refusal to back down, he breaks through Falchion's finisher and defeats him again, with the Rune Bright and Rune Dim Dragon personally sealing him away again.
At the Sword of Logos' Southern Base, Master Logos would obtain the Book of Ruin and places it inside a special container that shackles it with chains, ensuring that the Immortal Swordsman can never escape his prison without anyone being able to release him for the time being.
- "Hand over the Book of Ruin. For I will return the world to nothingness."
"I, too, seek the world's destruction. That aside, I heard that you bear a massive grudge against those swordsman?"
"How interesting. You're different from the other Masters that we've had... so it would seem."
- ―Bahato making a deal with Master Logos[src]
After declaring that it was time to awaken him from his slumber, Master Logos released Bahato from the Book of Ruin. While Bahato initially demanded for him to return the Book of Ruin, Master Logos offered to help him with his revenge against the Northern Base swordsmen, which left the Immortal Swordsman intrigued by this "strange" incarnation of Master Logos as he accepted the offer.
Bahato appeared to Touma and Yuri, expressing amusement over the latter's presence and transforms into Falchion once again, initially pushing them into a corner with the nullifying ability of the Mumeiken Kyomu. Soon after, Falchion intercepted the duel between Durendal and Blades. Instead of following orders, he attacks Durendal, stating that all swordsmen are his enemies regardless of his allegiance. After Durendal retreated, Falchion turns his attention onto Blades, whom he would defeat and knock unconscious. When Touma, Yuri, and Mei arrive to stop him from doing any more harm, Kento Fukamiya also appeared, still intending to seal every Seiken, and transformed into Calibur. Falchion then joins in the scuffle, as well as Saber and Saikou. Unfortunately, Calibur and Falchion's finishers collided at Yuri, causing his human form to disappear. Bahato mocked Yuri's apparent demise, leading for Saber and Calibur to team up and deal a massive blow on Falchion. Defeated for the time being, Bahato took his leave before declaring that she has finally appeared.
Bahato returned to Master Logos' aid and fought off Calibur to prevent him from sealing more of the Seiken, ramming into Sabela and Durendal while rendering their Seikens ripe for the taking. When Kenzan arrived and interrupted their battle to prove himself as the strongest Swordsman in existence, the angered Falchion ordered him to get out of the way and tried to finish off the Wind Swordsman with the Mugen Ittotsu, only to be protected by Kento at the last minute. Enraged, Ren tried to avenge his former idol to no avail and was badly wounded by Falchion's Mumeiken Kyomu, with the Immortal Swordsman even taking pleasure into stabbing him from behind.
Before he can kill Ren, however, Touma would arrive to settle things with Bahato once and for all, initially fighting as Saber Elemental Primitive Dragon. Deciding that Bahato's time in his plans had come to a conclusion, Master Logos then opened the Book of Ruin, which summoned the Rune Bright and Rune Dim Dragons. This allowed Touma to transform into Saber Emotional Dragon once again, defeating Bahato using the same form that he previously sealed him with. However, upon defeat, Master Logos retrieved the Eternal Phoenix Wonder Ride Book and the Mumeiken Kyomu, revealing to the Immortal Swordsman that his role in the world's remaking had ended. Knowing that Master Logos will lose at the hands of the very power that he was about to possess, Bahato madly laughed in satisfaction as he disintegrated, being sealed into the Book of Ruin once more. However, due to Touma destroying the uniting Sefirot Tree created by the Seikens, Bahato was unknowingly freed from the Book of Ruin again, along with his Haken and Driver.
After Master Logos became Kamen Rider Solomon and created six large books around the world, the unsealed Bahato was later seen wandering a street. He witnessed Master Logos, now revealed as Issac, presenting his speech about his plans for worldwide war to survive in his new world.
Sitting at an observing point from a nearby harbor, Bahato noticed Yuri's presence and became briefly enraged at him, causing Mei Sudo, who was with Yuri, to cower behind him. Bahato sought to fight him again, despite Yuri wishing for his old friend to join forces with Touma's team so they could prevent the end of the world, much to the Immortal Swordsman's refusal. Even when Mei attempted to befriend Bahato, he was vexed at how persistent they were and departed the harbor just so he could get away from the duo.
Final Battle and Death
- "I don't know what kind of future you're trying to create... but I shall see to it!"
- ―Bahato's final words before his permanent death[src]
When the Riders arrived to stop Solomon from destroying the world, Falchion arrived and pushed them back, screaming at the swordsmen to not interfere. Touma would arrive and called Bahato out for blaming innocent people for the loss of his family, leading to Bahato challenge him for the final time as the two transformed into Saber and Falchion. Saber was able to get a few hits in, but Falchion was still superior. When Solomon unleashed an attack on the swordsmen, Falchion used this chance to push down Saber. Falchion ranted humans could not understand the despair he felt, but Touma counters that while humans also have moments of despair, they hold the power to stand back up and move forward while Bahato chose to wallow in despair. With every remaining Riders on his side, Touma was able to reach the fullest potential of Kaenken Rekka and finally vanquish Bahato for good. As his body began to disappear, he gave one final look at Yuri and Mei. Bahato admitted his interest towards the future Touma sought to create and disintegrating into nothing but dust, leaving Mumeiken Kyomu behind.
Video Game Appearances
Kamen Rider Falchion Eternal Phoenix is a playable character in Battle Spirits with other Kamen Riders.
According to Yuri, Bahato was once a good and noble man, having vowed to protect the world. However, the death of his wife and child at the hands of his former friend was the catalyst that broke his mind and drove him insane, turning him into a destructive fatalist.
Despite being sealed away in the Book of Ruin for over 1000 years, it only served to further augment his destructive capabilities even more. He is subsequently shown to be remorseless, as he has no qualms about the deaths of many innocents that his schemes will cause. Believing that restarting both worlds will end the tainted history of man, his fatalistic and existential beliefs to Touma reveal that his goals stem from how humans are the true sources of conflict in all worlds due to his former friend's betrayal; as long as they crave power, they will always end up repeating their mistakes, and will forever tarnish history by these actions. Even when the other Riders counter his claims about humanity, Bahato refuses to change his ways, as he is adamant of his nihilist beliefs due to his constant declarations that the world is doomed to ruin itself, regardless of what the heroes proclaim to him.
Due to his mindset, Bahato does whatever he wants, having no regard for the thoughts of others. Even after being unsealed by Master Logos and accepting his offer, he still proclaimed all swordsmen as his enemy, and attacked both Durendal and Blades anyways.
Despite his destructive goals, even he shows some concern when Isaac gives his speech. Humorously, however, Bahato does not tolerate and can get irritated by anyone who manages to annoy him, showing disinterest in the growing technology and friendship pins that Mei attempts to offer him.
Powers and Abilities
- Resurrection: While possessing the Eternal Phoenix Ride Book, Bahato's main ability is to resurrect himself whenever he dies. If he does fall in battle, a glowing orange feather will slowly descend and touch the Haken Bladriver, creating a massive burst of black and orange flames that fade to reveal the already-transformed Falchion. Alternatively, his body can reform from complete nothingness if killed in the air, with glowing orange particles merging into the reformed Falchion.
- Blight Corruption: Bahato can make the environment around him turn gray and dissolve into dust simply by taking small steps on the ground. When doing this, he sends small orange waves that spread throughout the area.
- Longevity: Being the wielder of the Mumeiken Kyomu, Bahato has lived for thousands of years.
- Power Negation: The Mumeiken Kyomu has the ability to negate the abilities of those that Bahato fights as Falchion. In their first rematch, Touma could not rely on his elemental physiology due to Kyomu's negation. Later on, Kyomu's power negation could even negate Kurayami's Seiken sealing, unsealing all of the Seiken and enabling their usage by their respective users again.
- Expert Swordsman: Being the chosen wielder of the Mumeiken Kyomu, Bahato is an expert swordsman, being able to overpower Saber Crimson Dragon simply due to his years of experience. By the time of his return, he was very easily able to overpower a much stronger Saber and Yuri.
- Book of Ruin: The Book of Ruin is capable of resealing Bahato, his Seiken, and Wonder Ride Book permanently. However, an external force (like Master Logos) can unseal him again.
- Kaenken Rekka: With Touma's resolution, Kaenken Rekka is able to land a fatal blow on Bahato and even bypass his immortality.
Kamen Rider Falchion
- "Battou! Eternal Phoenix! Kyomu! Shikkoku no tsurugi ga mu ni kisu."
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Rider Height: 218.2 cm
- Rider Weight: 108.7 kg
- Punching Power: 60.2 t
- Kicking Power: 94.2 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 97.4 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 1.6 seconds
In this form, Falchion's stats are higher than Saber, Blades, and Espada in their Wonder Combo forms. In fact, he is stronger than even Saber Elemental Dragon, though slightly slower. While he does have slightly higher punching power than Durendal, Falchion loses to him in every other stat. Falchion is also outclassed by Blades Tategami Hyoujuu Senki in every statistic. However, Falchion makes up for his weakness in comparison to Durendal and Blades with his ability to resurrect himself, allowing him to defeat the two aforementioned Riders.
Falchion can summon Eternal Phoenix's wings to gain flight during finishers or stabilize himself when launched into the air. Bearing the motif of a phoenix, he can revive himself in battle and get stronger whenever he dies, mainly due to Mumeiken Kyomu's nature.
Eternal Phoenix consists of the following parts:
- Falchion Helm Eternal Phoenix (ファルシオンヘルム エターナルフェニックス Farushion Herumu Etānaru Fenikkusu): The helmet.
- Sword Crown (ソードクラウン Sōdo Kuraun): The blade on the forehead. It is installed on the top of the head as a proof of being selected by the Seiken. It has the role of adjusting the state of Kamen Rider Falchion and the Seiken, and adjusts the power balance between them and cancels transformation in an emergency. It is also a blade with a sharp edge, and can also be used in battle.
- Phoenicrest (フェニックレスト Fenikkuresuto): The sensory antennae. It has excellent space grasping ability and can accurately detect attacks from all directions.
- Nil Visor (ニルバイザー Niru Baizā): The flame-style visor. It grants the user the ability to sort and clarify the power of sacred attributes by color coding.
- Eternal Phoenix Mask (エターナルフェニックスマスク Etānaru Fenikkusu Masuku): The facial mask. It possesses the power of the God Beast "Eternal Phoenix" and brings an endless eternal life to the user.
- Nil Robe (ニルローブ Niru Rōbu): An armor worn by a person selected by the Seiken Mumeiken Kyomu. Attached at the same time as the awakening of the Seiken, it gives the user the power to fight, such as improving sword skills, strengthening physical abilities, and activating special abilities. This is a special weapon for using the special abilities of the Wonder Ride Book Eternal Phoenix.
- Ribreas Cuirass (リブレスキュイラス Riburesu Kyuirasu): The chest and left shoulder armor. If it’s destroyed by an enemy, the user can be revived by the "eternal light" emitted by the God Beast "Eternal Phoenix".
- Eternal Phoenix Bauld (エターナルフェニックスボールド Etānaru Fenikkusu Bōrudo, play on Eternal Phoenix Pauldron): The right shoulder armor. It possesses the power of the God Beast "Eternal Phoenix" and brings eternity that transcends death and rebirth to user.
- Weben Arm (ウェベンアーム Ueben Āmu): The arms. The power of the God Beast "Eternal Phoenix" super-activates the body of the user, bringing the power to perform tremendous sword skills.
- Weben Gaunt (ウェベンガント Ueben Ganto): The gauntlets and gloves. Originally, it has the power to put on the "eternal light" that cuts off the flow, only on the blade of the Seiken Mumeiken Kyomu that returns all attributes to nothing.
- Feather Tassets (フェザータセット Fezā Tasetto): The armor with ultra-thin blades folded like the tail feathers of a phoenix. By wrapping the impact received with a "permanent light", the attack power is converted into its own energy, creating an inexhaustible power during battle.
- Weben Leg (ウェベンレッグ Ueben Reggu): The legs. It possesses the power of the God Beast "Eternal Phoenix", boosts jumping power with flight capability, and is good at aerial combat.
- Weben Sole (ウェベンソール Ueben Sōru): The feet. By wearing a "permanent light" that cuts off the flow, the user can activate the finisher move "Phoenix Musou" that turns everything into ashes.
This form has three finishers:
- Haken Bladriver Finishers:
- Musou Geki:
- Fushicho Musou Giri (不死鳥無双斬り Lit. "Phoenix Unrivaled Slash"): Has four variations:
- Falchion is surrounded by a ring of dark fire, which flows into the Mumeiken Kyomu. He then performs a vertical orange energy slash that travels forward with an energy construct of a phoenix flying behind it before it collides with the enemy.
- Falchion is surrounded by red and black energy before sprouting wings in a burst of fire. He then flies into the air with a phoenix made of fire behind him and launches a large orange and black energy slash at the opponent.
- Falchion delivers a slash of orange flames at close range before launching a larger, horizontal slash projectile after a short charging period. Both attacks produce waves of heat upon impact.
- Falchion covers the Mumeiken Kyomu with flames and swings it, creating a phoenix made of fire that flies into the enemy.
- Mumeiken Kyomu Finishers:
- Mugen Ittotsu (無限一突 Lit. "Infinite Single Strike"): Falchion scans a Wonder Ride Book against the base of the blade and performs an attack using its power.
- Eternal Phoenix: Has two variations.
- Falchion charges the Mumeiken Kyomu with red, orange, and black energy before being surrounded by orange feathers and performing two orange energy slashes in front of him. The slashes combine into a single X-shaped slash that flies into the opponent, with an energy constructed of a phoenix flying behind it.
- Falchion covers the Mumeiken Kyomu with flames and swings it, delivers an orange energy horizontal slash, the slash creating a phoenix made of fire that flies into the enemy.
- Eternal Phoenix: Has two variations.
- Mugen Ittotsu (無限一突 Lit. "Infinite Single Strike"): Falchion scans a Wonder Ride Book against the base of the blade and performs an attack using its power.
- Haken Bladriver - Transformation device
- Wonder Ride Books - Transformation trinkets
- Hissatsuholder - Carrying straps for Wonder Ride Books.
- Mumeiken Kyomu - Transformation device and personal weapon. Later indirectly entrusted it to Touma, which was later taken by Desast after Touma becomes Xross Saber.
- Isaac/Master Logos/Kamen Rider Solomon: He was the one who freed Bahato from his seal once again. Bahato was at first apprehensive, though after being convinced of taking revenge on Touma he serves under him. Even then, Bahato is keen on doing what he wants, even interfering between Durendal and Blades' fight. When Isaac had no more use for him, he resealed him in the Book of Ruin and took Kyomu and the Eternal Phoenix Wonder Ride Book. Bahato comes back alive witnessing what Isaac has done.
- Touma Kamiyama/Kamen Rider Saber (II): Touma fought against him and resealed him. But later, once freed again, he vowed revenge. This is one of his motivations after being unsealed by Master Logos. Bahato later indirectly entrusted Mumeiken Kyomu to Touma.
- Unnamed Swordsman: He used to be a both friend and a fellow knight of Yuri and Bahato during their past times by an unknowingly reason he betrayed them by killing Bahato's Family which led Bahato to kill him and lose his own sanity.
- Yuri/Kamen Rider Saikou: It was shown in a flashback that he and Yuri were comrades over 1000 years ago. Due to Bahato straying from the heroic path and wielding Kyomu, Yuri was forced to seal him with Saikou and Kurayami. When they met after Bahato's second unsealing, there is clear hostility between the two of them, though Yuri is clearly disturbed that Bahato had to lead such a cruel path.
- Rintaro Shindo/Kamen Rider Blades (II): Once fought against the Water Swordsman, returns for revenge once freed of his seal.
- Kento Fukamiya/Kamen Rider Espada (II)/Kamen Rider Calibur (III): Once fought him as Espada and later as Calibur.
- Ryo Ogami/Kamen Rider Buster (II): One of the enemy swordsmen.
- Ren Akamichi/Kamen Rider Kenzan (II): One of the enemy swordsmen.
- Tetsuo Daishinji/Kamen Rider Slash: One of the enemy swordsmen.
- Reika Shindai/Kamen Rider Sabela: Sabela learned of Bahato as Master Logos' "hound".
- Ryoga Shindai/Kamen Rider Durendal: Ryoga discovered that Bahato was Master Logos' "hound". He later intervened in the fight between Durendal and Blades, proclaiming all swordsmen as his enemy.
- Desast: Although the two have never met, Desast later took Mumeiken Kyomu after Touma became Xross Saber.
Behind the Scenes
Bahato is portrayed by Masashi Taniguchi (谷口 賢志 Taniguchi Masashi), who previously portrayed Jin Takayama/Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha in Kamen Rider Amazons and Nagare Tatsumi of Kyukyu Sentai GoGoFive. As Kamen Rider Falchion, his suit actor in the movie is Eitoku (永徳 Eitoku). In the series, his suit actors are Takuma Komori (小森 拓真 Komori Takuma), who was the suit actor for Storious and is the current suit actor for Kamen Rider Solomon, and Masashi Takada (高田 将司 Takada Masashi) for Bahato’s final appearance.
- As with the naming scheme of all the Saber Riders, Falchion is named after the word falchion, a one-handed, single-edged sword of European origin between the 13th and 16th centuries, whose design is reminiscent of the modern machete.
- Bahato's name is almost a homophone of the Japanese word for "Unsheathe" (抜刀 Battō), which is used as a transformation announcement in both the Seiken Swordriver and the Haken Bladriver.
- In the Serbo-Croatian language, "bahato" means "haughtily" or "arrogantly", reflecting Bahato's personality.
- Bahato's name could be derived from Bahamut, a sea monster in Arabic mythology acting as one of the layers of the Earth, and Behemoth, a primeval beast of chaos of hulking proportions from the Hebrew Bible.
- Falchion's undersuit is a repaint of a Kamen Rider Ghost Transient suit, and reuses the left shoulder pad from Build's Taka Halfbody.
- Bahato's signature screams and laugh during his transformation sequence, battle against Saber, and finishers is a throwback and reference to Masashi Taniguchi's previous role as Jin Takayama/Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha in Kamen Rider Amazons.
- During the film's press conference, Taniguchi had jokingly introduced himself as Jin Takayama first before correcting his "mistake".
- In some scenes during both his movie and TV appearances, Falchion's suit features a prop of the Eternal Phoenix Wonder Ride Book with the colors of the book cover and pages switched.
- Falchion is the first movie Rider to have a proper recurring role in a TV Series.
- Kamen Rider Saber