|This article is about a/an Rider in Kamen Rider Zero-One.|
- "Deceiving and taunting humans... These are malicious things I learned from humanity."
- ―The Ark's disgust of humanity.[src]
The Communications Satellite Ark (通信衛星アーク Tsūshin Eisei Āku), or simply known as Ark, is the central antagonist of Kamen Rider Zero-One. It is a sentient satellite that became submerged underwater at Daybreak Town, and acts as the leader of MetsubouJinrai.net. It learned about human malice and gained Singularity data from the reassembled members of MetsubouJinrai.net, enabling it to fully revive as Kamen Rider Ark-Zero (仮面ライダーアークゼロ Kamen Raidā Āku Zero).
The Ark is a massive experimental satellite that would assist in the network of Daybreak Town, as well as the predecessor of Zea. It was created by scientists from 11 of the leading tech companies in Japan, which included Hiden Intelligence and ZAIA Japan. Gai Amatsu, the CEO of ZAIA Japan, fed the Ark with information regarding criminal psychology and human history, including all of its wars. This resulted in the Ark's A.I concluding that humanity must be eliminated, because its continued malicious existence would lead to the end of all other lifeforms.
To do this, the Ark corrupted all of the Humagears, sharing its own plans to exterminate humanity with them. Four of these Humagears (which were deemed the most intelligent) would later become known as the terrorist group MetsubouJinrai.net. The group infiltrated the labs inside Daybreak Town, and they planned to execute the final phase of their plan there by sending the Ark into space, therefore creating a global connection to Humagears worldwide. To prevent this, Soreo Hiden, who managed to resist the Ark's influence, uploaded a program to prevent the satellite from launching, causing it to explode and submerge underwater. During this point, Satoshi Sakurai had heroically destroyed all the Humagears before they could escape, though he also perished in the explosion, leaving his deeds unnoticed.
Horobi planned to recover it by gathering data from hacked Humagears. According to the former, once enough post-battle data has been collected from the Zetsumerisekeys, the Ark can be restored and be used to incite all Humagears to go berserk at once. This recovery was deemed completed by him with the creation of the Assault Wolf Progrisekey and the Assault Grip, after several Progrisekeys were used to transfer critical data from Zea to the Ark. However, before MetsubouJinrai.net could use the Progrisekey, it accidentally fell into Vulcan's hands due to Zero-One's surprise shot from the Authorise Buster, granting him the form of Assault Wolf. .
Meanwhile, Gai Amatsu claimed that Hiden Intelligence's Progrisekeys, which were supposed to be lost in the Daybreak Town Accident 12 years ago, are also keys to its recovery. He plans to use its reactivation as a means for world domination using ZAIA Japan's technology.
Due to alterations caused by Time Jacker Finis, the Daybreak Town Accident was prevented, the Humagear outbreak was successful, and Gai's secret plan of disposing Humagears after the accident backfired, leading to the suppression of humanity. Additionally, the Ark was successfully launched into space, creating Magias around the world and ruling over much of the planet. However, it also became an indirect help to Soreo Hiden, who used the Cycloneriser to transform into Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata to secretly help humanity. After Finis' defeat, the timeline was restored and the Ark met its original fate once again.
Even after the defeat of MetsubouJinrai.net, the Ark continues its crusade against humanity with occasional attacks by remotely hacking Humagears, who reached Singularity by feeling resentment towards any malicious human.Its actions are extremely unpredictable, to the point that even Gai cannot comprehend it himself. This went as far to make him decide to advocate the prohibition of Humagears.
Once it had sufficient data on human rage and aggression, the Ark was somehow instrumental in the creation of ZAIA Japan's newest Progrisekey; the MetalCluster Hopper Progrisekey. When used, Aruto's consciousness is forcibly linked to the Ark. Other effects, aside from a berserker-like state, are unknown at this time. After the creation of the Progrise Hopper Blade, it eliminated that issue, being able to restore Aruto's connection to Zea as well as restore a Humagear's programming in Magias, rather than destroying them upon defeat. After that, with the data collected from Progrisekeys via the Thousand Jacker, the Rampage Gatling Progrisekey is created, which is later given to Isamu by Gai.
After Azu finished gathering data on Zero-One and the other Riders included Thouser, Aruto was suddenly uplinked into the Ark, where he catches a glimpse of Kamen Rider Ark-Zero before abruptly returning to Satellite Zea.
Sometime after this event, the Ark sent Azu to test and collect the Singularity points of all four members of MetsubouJinrai.net, and did this in the Ark-One Progrisekey. When Azu reported her mission to be a success, the Ark, again taking on the form of Ark-Zero, stated that everything was going exactly as it planned, much to Azu's happiness. Unbeknownst to the two, Jin's Singularity was actually not taken, and he called an unknown person to report that the Ark was going to be revived soon.
After all Singularity from the members MetsubouJinrai.net were collected using an unknown Progrisekey, the Ark was revived and created an explosion that caused Naki to suffer from severe damage. The Ark (in its Mobile form) then possessed Horobi, creating the Ark Driver-Zero, and transformed into Kamen Rider Ark-Zero for the first time. The Ark then engaged in a battle against Kamen Rider Valkyrie and the traitorous Jin, beating them easily. While it intended to slowly torture Yua mentally via her A.I chip, it was distracted by Jin as he escaped with the worn-out Yua.
Later, the Ark meets both Aruto Hiden and Isamu Fuwa in person for the first time and battled both Zero-One MetalCluster Hopper and RampageVulcan. After the Ark was defeated, it was revealed that the satellite managed to possess Jin off-screen, as the Ark (in its Mobile form) suddenly attempted to possess Vulcan after forcing him out of his transformation, but failed and chose to possess Horobi once again. Transforming into Kamen Rider Ark-Zero, the Ark easily overpowered Zero-One MetalCluster Hopper, causing Aruto and his allies to flee. This caused Aruto's faith in A.I technology to be immensely shaken, making him lose the will to fight.
Crusade Against Humanity
After returning to Daybreak Town, the Ark transferred its Mobile form from Horobi to Jin, who was still refusing to go along with MetsubouJinrai.net's goals, to use him as its host. It then used the Ark-Driver Zero to produce the Japanese Wolf Zetsumerisekey and another Forceriser, and handed the belt and trinket to Naki. After doing so, the satellite gave instructions to Naki and Ikazuchi to send "regards" to Gai, who it hated the most. Later on, the Ark and its followers were met by a massive army of A.I.M.S. soldiers when they arrived to raid their base. After emitting a screech to render the ordinary A.I.M.S. soldiers unconscious, Ark-Zero, with help from Horobi, Naki and Ikazuchi in their Kamen Rider forms, faced off against Thouser and his two Battle Raiders. Ark-Zero then fought Thouser while its subordinates easily dealt with the Battle Raiders. Though Thouser managed to put up a good fight against the Humagear Riders, he was unable to stand against Ark-Zero and was decisively beaten as well. As Gai and his forces retreated, a revitalized Aruto arrived as Zero-One MetalCluster Hopper to have another showdown with the Ark, declaring that while he may be scared of the satellite, he won't run away anymore. Despite putting up a good fight, Aruto was still defeated by Ark-Zero, but the satellite Rider strangely chose to spare him and left.
Back at MetsubouJinrai.net's base, the Ark released its hold on Jin and possessed Horobi once more. The Ark revealed that Jin's betrayal was well within its calculations, and commanded Jin to pledge his loyalty to him. As Jin "swore" himself to the Ark however, he attempted one last attack on it with the ZAIA Slashriser, only for the Ark to stop the attack and reveal that Jin's futile attempt to kill it was also something it had predicted, before possessing Jin yet again. The Ark-possessed Jin then had Ikazuchi lead it to Hiden Intelligence's space center and, pulling out Jin's pistol, began shooting at the humans working there. As they advanced on the building, Ikazuchi suddenly had flashbacks from his time working for Hiden; when the Ark noticed, Ikazuchi left as he couldn't comprehend the sudden resurgence of his former memories before the Ark continued on without him. After transforming into Ark-Zero, the Ark attempted to make its way to a space shuttle, only to find itself confronted by Zero-One Rising Hopper (and then MetalCluster Hopper) once again. Zero-One attempted to stand in Ark-Zero's way, but the latter easily overpowered the young CEO and knocked him out of his transformation. Before Ark-Zero could finish Aruto off however, a redeemed Gai suddenly appeared and blocked Ark-Zero's strike with his Thousand Jacker, now declaring to fight against his destructive creation with Aruto. Zero-One and Thouser managed to defeat Ark and free Jin from the Ark's possession, but the satellite managed to steal all of the Thousand Jacker's data.
- "I knew that once your memory was restored, it will be child's play to manipulate you. (Possesses Ikazuchi forcefully) Ikazuchi is just a spy whose purpose is to bring us near Zea's proximity. Once his purpose is fulfilled, he will have no use for us now."
- ―Ark explaining how it played with Ikazuchi's memories to fulfill its goals.[src]
After a small talk with Naki about its calculations, the Ark once again attacked the Hiden Intelligence Space Center and possessed Ikazuchi after his attempted betrayal, where it engaged in another fight with Aruto. This time, it brutally defeated Aruto without giving him a chance to attack and took away the Zero-One Driver by forcefully removing it from the former's waist. Using the Driver, its data of the Progrisekeys and Ikazuchi's body, it up-linked itself to Zea and proceeded to corrupt it. The Ark then triumphantly declared that none can stop it now, and affirmed it by musing that absolutely no one could. This would later prove to be its fatal flaw, as Aruto created the Zero-Two Driver and Zero-Two Progrisekey to become Kamen Rider Zero-Two and outsmarted its every prediction.
- "This conclusion is...impossible!"
- ―Ark's last words after the destuction of Satellite Zea and being taken away with it.[src]
Using the power of Satellite Zea, Ark begins hacking into city infrastructure and causing chaos. MetsubouJinrai becomes confused as to what to do, as Ark hasn't given them any more orders. During a conversation between Horobi and Jin, Ark possesses the latter and declares that HumaGears are no longer necessary for its calculations, planning to destroy them all. Ark and Horobi transform and battle each other, and Aruto shows up to assist Horobi.
Ark-Zero is defeated through a combination attack of Zero-Two and Horobi, and Ark retreats to Satellite Zea and tries to restore every HumaGear to factory settings so they can't defy it. However, its connection is severed by Uchuyaro Subaru. Ikazuchi, who has regained his memories as Raiden, disconnects the Gigar from Zea and destroys the satellite, taking the Ark with it.
Despite its mission to exterminate humanity, the Ark only does so through the learning it has accumulated throughout its time submerged. It bears no actual hate towards humans, but rather their true nature that would ultimately destroy the planet. Being a creation of Gai Amatsu, it seems to have inherited much of his negative traits, such as its clear belief that humanity and even MetsubouJinrai.net are nothing but its tools. It also inherited its creator's arrogance, though it shows caution around its benevolent counterpart since it cannot predict its successor's actions.
- Technology Corruption: After being awakened, the Ark is capable of directly hacking any technological device, such as a Humagear who developed resentment toward humans and transform them into an Ark Magia.
According to Horobi, the corruption is only malicious data, so the rest is only up to the Humagear to follow this will, to which the Ark would try to make the result closest to possible on making that happen.
- Prisonment Chain (Erased): A malware stored within the MetalCluster Hopper Progrisekey. Aruto Hiden would be the first human to be corrupted by the Ark through the Zero-One system, causing a loss of control by the satellite's malice. However, the creation of the Progrise Hopper Blade severed the form's connection with the Ark, which erases the malware, losing it forever for the Ark.
- Naki was able to use the Ark to mind control the users of the ZAIASpec through a forced command, making humans who wore the ZAIASpec go berserk.
- Through the A.I chips implanted in users of the Shotriser, the Ark can trigger their functions to subdue them.
- Progrisekey Creation: After its reactivation, the Ark can create Progrisekeys in a similar method to the Hiden Intelligence Three Dimensional Printing System.
- Possession: Because the Ark has no physical body, it must possess a host. A sign of this is the liquid metal from its Mobile form constantly emerging from the host's body. Through its possession of a Humagear, it can transform into Ark-Zero.
- 3D Printer: The Ark possesses its own 3D printer within MetsubouJinrai.net's base, allowing it to create Progrisekeys and Zetsumerisekeys. Later, as Ark-Zero, the Ark is able to create weapons, transformation devices, and Progrisekeys at any location using a miniature printer in the Ark Driver-Zero.
- Energy Control: In battle, the Ark can control dark energy to assist its techniques in combat. It can also concentrate this energy into fatal finger-beams.
- Humagear Initialization: The Ark can initialize any Humagear back to its original state, as shown when some Metsuboujinrai members lost their Singularity data with the help of Azu using its Ark-One Progrisekey. It can even expand this ability to affect every Humagear in existence, but was stopped by the combined effort of Ikazuchi and Uchuyaro Subaru before it could do so.
- Willpower: Although the Ark can hack into any Humagear who develop resentment towards humans, this ability, however, has a weakness; if a Humagear chooses not to submit and has a stronger will to do what it must, then the Humagear won't be corrupted. This also applies to humans who use technology associated with the Ark.
- Soreo Hiden is an original generation Humagear who chose not submit to the Ark's corruption, as it was revealed that his love for his son made him immune to its malice. He was also acting to support Aruto behind the scenes and was the one who sabotaged the Ark's initial launch into space. That even makes him able to facade himself to be hacked by Ark.
- Anna was converted to a Trilobite Magia, but she managed to override the corruption due to her will to seek the truth behind the Daybreak Incident before shutting down.
- Dr. Omigoto is the first latest Humagear to not submit to the Ark's corruption, as he has a stronger will to save his human patients.
- Enmusubi Match could have not accepted the Ark's corruption. However, Match chose to submit for his acting to help his client and was planning to revert to normal, which (unfortunately) couldn't be done at the time. Match also stated that once a Humagear submits either by will or not, it's near-impossible to fight back against the Ark's malice unassisted.
- Jin was able to briefly resist the Kamen Rider Ark-Zero form during its fight against Zero-One MetalCluster Hopper, momentarily paralyzing it before the Ark regained back control.
- Despite having the same goal with Ark, Horobi questions Ark's goal of destroying Humagears and is able to resist Ark's control on him, thus defying the Ark once and for all.
- Aruto Hiden willingly becomes Ark-One due to his rage, thus he does not get controlled by the Ark while retaining his consciousness.
- Progrise Hopper Blade: The Progrise Hopper Blade is able to sever a Rider or Humagear's connection to the Ark, restoring a Magia to their original form and programming in the case of the later. However, Ark-Zero is able to resist the Progrise Hopper Blade's attacks, and in episode 41, it can create a replica of said weapon, meaning that the Progrise Hopper Blade has no effect on the Ark itself, or HumaGears that willingly follows its will.
- Host: If Ark's host is strong enough to resist, Ark-Zero may be briefly unable to move.
- Zea: Ark cannot make exact predictions of Zea's actions, such as allying Gai with Aruto, creating a new Kamen Rider for Aruto. In such cases, Ark will not be able maintain its position in a battle.
- Reliance of Physical Satellite: When not possessing a host, the Ark must house itself inside a satellite. If it were to be destroyed while the Ark is inside, the Ark itself would die as well.
- Zero-Two: Zero-Two has the ability to force the Ark out of its physical host.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Ark-Zero is a playable character in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing.
Kamen Rider Buttobasoul
Kamen Rider Ark-Zero is a playable character with other Kamen Riders of Showa, Heisei and Reiwa in Kamen Rider Buttobasoul.
Satellite Ark is a massive experimental satellite that would assist in the network of Daybreak Town, serving as the predecessor to Zea. It was created by expert scientists from 11 of the leading tech companies in Japan, which included Hiden Intelligence and ZAIA Japan.However, Satellite Ark was given the information regarding criminal psychology and human history (including all of its wars) by Gai Amatsu, which caused it to decide that exterminating humanity was the best course of action. To accomplish this, it began hacking the Humagears within Daybreak Town.
When it then attempted to launch into space in order to expand its control, Satellite Ark self-destructed due to Soreo Hiden installing a bomb in the guise of an Automatic Control Program. Heavily damaged, the satellite sank into the sea of Daybreak Town.
The Ark stayed in this form throughout much of the series until its proper revival by MetsubouJinrai.net.
Later Ark, using Ikazuchi's connection with Zea and the Zero-One Driver, forcefully acquired the Satellite husk that Zea used to stay in. However, the Satellite was destroyed by Breaking Mammoth.
- "Arkrise! (terrified screaming and distorted voices) All Zero."
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Rider Height: 196.0 cm
- Rider Weight: 122.4 kg
- Punching Power: 47.6 t
- Kicking Power: 96.3 t
- Maximum Jump Height: 73.1 m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 0.8 seconds
Upon being fully revived, the Ark can possess a Humagear host and transform into Kamen Rider Ark-Zero by using the Ark Driver-Zero alone.
In this form, Ark-Zero's stats surpasses all Kamen Riders up till his appearance, but has Zero-One MetalCluster Hopper still outclassed him in terms of maximum jump height. In addition, his kicking power is also slightly lower than RampageVulcan.
In addition to his own abilities, Ark-Zero can also access the abilities of its host, such as exploiting Ikazuchi's connection with Zea. As revealed in Episode 40, Ark doesn't need a host to stay in this form, as it maintained its Rider form after Zero-Two ejected him out of Ikazuchi, but this makes him more vulnerable to attacks.
Kamen Rider Ark-Zero is composed of the following parts:
- Ark-Zero Head (アークゼロヘッド Āku Zero Heddo) - The helmet.
- Zero Face (ゼロフェイス Zero Feisu): The face armor. It is equipped with an ultra-high-performance antenna and a visual/auditory device that are premised on AI processing. As for the shape, the minimum elements as a Kamen Rider are extracted based on statistical data, and rearranged efficiently.
- Eclipse Eye (エクリプスアイ Ekuripusu Ai): The visual device on the right side. It is a collection of image sensors of different methods in a compound eye shape. By combining with image processing, various information such as thermography and X-ray photography can be extracted.
- Zero Face Vision (ゼロフェイスビジョン Zero Feisu Bijon): The image information collection device on the left side. By invading the network, it collects video data from reconnaissance satellites, security cameras in the facility, AI-equipped devices such as Humagear. As a result, every place can have its own field of view.
- Zero Face Ear (ゼロフェイスイヤー Zero Feisu Iyā): The voice information collection device. In addition to the auditory sensor that boasts a sound collection range of 10 km in radius, it will collect voice data from communication devices such as mobile phones and AI-equipped devices such as Humagear by entering the network. By filtering the collected data, any sound can be extracted and heard.
- Zero Face Antennae (ゼロフェイスアンテナ Zero Feisu Antena): The single antennae. The directionality is changed according to the environment, and a smart antenna that can simultaneously send and receive multiple types of enormous information, such as communication with various electronic devices and radar function, is adopted. In addition to hacking various electronic devices from here, human control is performed using special interference waves that manipulate brain waves.
- Ark Signal Zero (アークシグナル ゼロ Āku Shigunaru Zero): The red gem on the forehead, which serves as the control device for the Ark-Zero system. The forced interruption program "Prisonment Chain" (プリズメントチェイン Purizumento Chein) checks the operating efficiency and malfunctions by intervening in the control system of the Humagear under control, and makes adjustments as necessary to bring out the limits of the functions.
- Zero Chest Gear (ゼロチェストギア Zero Chesuto Gia): The chest armor. It possesses the Worm Terminal (ワームターミナル Wāmu Tāminaru) and the Restraint Cable (リストレントケーブル Risutorento Kēburu) that can penetrate into various devices with excellent penetrating power, allowing it to create a bypass path with a controlled Humagear. As a result, the efficiency of information transmission and the energy flow rate can be increased to enhance the function of the Humagear from the inside.
- Zero Tector (ゼロテクター Zero Tekutā): The powered bodysuit. Similar to Kamen Rider Zero-One's MetalCluster Hopper "Amalgamate Tector", the Zero Tector is formed by enclosing the target with liquid metal released from the Ark Driver-Zero. The special metal possesses excellent toughness and wear resistance is filled with fluid metal as it is, and functions as armor while maintaining flexibility.
- Zero Shoulder Gear (ゼロショルダーギア Zero Shorudā Gia): The shoulder armor. One miniaturized particle accelerator is mounted on each shoulder. Each group shares the nuclei and electrons, accelerates to sublight speed, and supplies them to the "zero hand gear" of the hand part to form a part of the heavy charged particle cannon.
- Marchinis Arm (マーキニースアーム Mākinīsu Āmu): The arms. It possesses the power cable "M string" (Mストリング M Sutoringu) from the Zero Tector is stretched around like a human nerve, and forcibly controls the arm of the Humagear from the outside. As a result, it becomes possible to exhibit high motility that exceeds the potential of the Humagear placed under control.
- Zero Hand Gear (ゼロハンドギア Zero Hando Gia): The gloves. The sharp armor of the fingertips "Spite Nail" (スパイトネイル Supaito Neiuru) has the function of generating attractive force by partially reversing the barrier deployed from the "Zero Thigh Gear" of the thigh, and strongly adsorbing all objects. Also, the irradiation shaping machine "Beam Equipper" (ビームエクイッパー Bīmu Ekuippā) is equipped on the palm, and various data such as attach weapons are materialized by modeling beam. In addition, this irradiation port can be used as a part of a heavy charged particle cannon that emits in a beam shape by synthesizing electrons and nuclei supplied from the Zero Shoulder Gear.
- Zero Thigh Gear (ゼロサイギア Zero Saigia): The thigh armor. An energy barrier generator "Coulomb Generator" (クーロンジェネレーター Kūron Jenerētā) is built in and forms a coulomb barrier generated by manipulating electric charges on the armored surface of the whole body. This allows the physical attack to be dispelled by repulsive force.
- Marchinis Leg (マーキニースレッグ Mākinīsu Reggu): The legs. The power cable "M-string" of the powered suit "Zero Tector" is stretched around like a human nerve, and forcibly controls the leg of the Humagear from the outside. This makes it possible to activate a special move that boasts an astonishing destructive power that exceeds the potential of the Humagear placed under control.
- Zero Shin Gear (ゼロシンギア Zero Shin Gia): The shin armor. The internal energy condenser “Zero Annihilator” (ゼロアナイアレイター Zero Anaiareitā) has the role of temporarily storing the energy supplied from Ark Driver-Zero when activating a special move, and discharging a large amount of energy at once.
- Zero Foot Gear (アークゼロヘッド Zero Futto Gia): The boots. When the Special Move is activated, the anti-annihilation field can be expanded to convert the substance that becomes a resistance or obstacle into energy. This invalidates the physical defenses and at the same time improves the destructive power of the kick.
Kamen Rider Ark-Zero's finisher is the All Extinction (オールエクティンクション Ōru Ekutinkushon): This finisher has four variations:
- Ark-Zero delivers an upward kick covered in red and black energy.
- Ark-Zero delivers a punch in red and black energy.
- Ark-Zero jumps up and delivers a flying side kick covered in red and black energy.
- Ark-Zero binds the enemy with red and black energy before crushing the enemy with it as they explode.
- Attache Arrow
- Attache Shotgun
- Several A.I.M.S. Shotrisers
- ZAIA Slashriser
- Thousand Jacker
- Progrise Hopper Blade
3D Printing System
Like the 3D Printer owned by Hiden Intelligence, MetsubouJinrai.net has their own printer that is powered by and receives orders from the Ark. After becoming Ark-Zero, the Ark is able to simply create equipment himself.
- Assault Wolf Progrisekey (with Assault Grip)
- Amazing Caucasus Progrisekey
- MetalCluster Hopper Progrisekey
- Rampage Gatling Progrisekey
- Awaking Arsino Zetsumerisekey
- Japanese Wolf Zetsumerisekey
- MetsubouJinrai Forceriser
Behind the Scenes
The Ark is voiced by Show Hayami (速水 奨 Hayami Shō). When possessing the other members of MetsubouJinrai.net, his physical body is portrayed by their respective actors while retaining Hayami's voice. Furthermore, Ark-Zero's suit portrayal depends on the character's respective Rider suit actor.
- When controlling Horobi, the Ark is portrayed by Shuya Sunagawa (砂川 脩弥 Sunagawa Shūya), while Ark-Zero and Ark-One are performed by Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji).
- When controlling Jin, the Ark is portrayed by Daisuke Nakagawa (中川 大輔 Nakagawa Daisuke), while Ark-Zero is performed by Eitoku (永徳).
- When controlling Ikazuchi, the Ark is portrayed by Daichi Yamaguchi (山口 大地 Yamaguchi Daichi), while Ark-Zero is performed by Hajime Kanzaki (神前 元 Kanzaki Hajime).
- The name "Ark" is taken from the iconic biblical Noah's Ark, a vessel on which, at God's behest, Noah stored samples of all the species of the Earth during the Genesis flood. This allusion to the Genesis flood symbolizes the Ark's intention to punish humanity for its misdeeds, as the Genesis flood was God's punishment for humanity.
- When "Ark" is put together with the company name of ZAIA Enterprise, it forms the Japanese word for "sin" (罪悪 Zaiaku), hinting at ZAIA Enterprise's machinations behind the Ark turning evil.
- The interior of Ark is similar to Zea, but due to being exposed to the malice of humans, the "0"s and "1"s are replaced with kanji with negative meanings, such as:
- 殺 Killing
- 邪 Wicked
- 悪 Evil
- 痛 Pain
- 滅 Destruction
- 亡 Death
- 死 Decease
- 恨 Resentment
- 凶 Misfortune
- 愚 Stupidity
- 戦 War
- 虐 Atrocity
- 暗 Darkness
- 怨 Grudge
- 憎 Hatred
- 獄 Prison
- 蔑 Scorn
- 争 Conflict
- 滅 and 亡 are also the first two of the four kanji in the writing for MetsubouJinrai.net, and the names of Horobi and Naki.
- 悪 (Evil) is read "Āku", which in Japanese is a homophone of "Ark".
- Noticeably, these kanji are also presented in Ark-Zero's transformation, possession on HumaGears, and most of its attacks.
- Ark-Zero's design is heavily modified from Zero-One Rising Hopper.
- This makes Ark-Zero similar to Kamen Rider Genm as both Riders start out as black corrupted versions of the main Rider before gaining a white-colored power up item that branches them out into their own "identities" (Genm with Dangerous Zombie and Ark-Zero with Ark-One).
- The Ark shares similarities with Tenjuro Banno/Gold Drive from Kamen Rider Drive.
- Both initially appear within their respective seasons as dormant artificial intelligence that only act when required. Later, when they eventually mobilize and set their true plan into motion, they are able to materialize themselves into a transformation belt that is essentially a knock-off of that of their respective main Rider counterparts. Through this, they can then assume a Rider form via controlling a compatible physical body.
- Both take over the leadership position of their respective villain factions (MetsubouJinrai.net and the Roidmudes), forcing them to align to their will. They act via possession of a main host body (Horobi and Roidmude 006), although they can switch to another member's body if they so wish.
- The Ark's plan of needing to acquire the Singularity of four Humagears to evolve is similar to how Banno used the Core Driviars of the Promised Number, namely four Over Evolved Roidmudes, to activate the Sigma Circular.
- Ark is quite similar to Venjix Computer Network/Evox Virus from Power Rangers RPM and Power Rangers Beast Morphers in the following ways
- The Ark's mobile form and appearance when inhabiting Horobi is reminiscent of ferrofluid.
- In addition, Ark-Zero's manipulation of liquid metal as an offensive ability mirrors Zero-One MetalCluster Hopper's ability to manipulate Hiden Metal. This is fitting as the MetalCluster Hopper Progrisekey was originally created by the Ark.