|This article is about a/an Rider in Kamen Rider Zero-One.|
The Ark possesses some level of sentience and is the leading element of MetsubouJinrai.net. According to Horobi, the will of the Ark is to destroy humanity.
It was later seen by Aruto Hiden in the form of Kamen Rider Ark-Zero (仮面ライダーアークゼロ Kamen Raidā Āku Zero) when Aruto was briefly up-linked into the Ark once again.
The Ark is a massive experimental satellite that would assist in the network of Daybreak Town, as well as the predecessor of Zea. It was created by scientists from 11 of the leading tech companies in Japan, which included Hiden Intelligence and ZAIA Enterprise. Gai Amatsu, the CEO of ZAIA Enterprise Japan, fed the Ark with information regarding criminal psychology and human history, including all of its wars. This resulted in the Ark's A.I concluding that humanity must be eliminated, because its continued malicious existence would lead to the end of all other lifeforms.
To do this, the Ark corrupted all of the Humagears, sharing its own plans to exterminate humanity with them. Four of these Humagears (which were deemed the most intelligent) would later become known as the terrorist group MetsubouJinrai.net. The group infiltrated the labs inside Daybreak Town, and they planned to execute the final phase of their plan there by sending the Ark into space, therefore creating a global connection to Humagears worldwide. To prevent this, Soreo Hiden, who managed to resist the Ark's influence, uploaded a program to prevent the satellite from launching, causing it to explode and submerge underwater. During this point, Satoshi Sakurai had heroically destroyed all the Humagears before they could escape, though he also perished in the explosion, leaving his deeds unnoticed.
Horobi planned to recover it by gathering data from hacked Humagears. According to the former, once enough post-battle data has been collected from the Zetsumerisekeys, the Ark can be restored and be used to incite all Humagears to go berserk at once. This recovery was deemed completed by him with the creation of the Assault Wolf Progrisekey and the Assault Grip, after several Progrisekeys were used to transfer critical data from Zea to the Ark. However, before MetsubouJinrai.net could use the Progrisekey, it accidentally fell into Vulcan's hands due to Zero-One's surprise shot from the Authorise Buster, granting him the form of Assault Wolf. .
Meanwhile, Gai Amatsu claimed that Hiden Intelligence's Progrisekeys, which were supposed to be lost in the Daybreak Town Accident 12 years ago, are also keys to its recovery. He plans to use its reactivation as a means for world domination using ZAIA's technology.
Due to alterations caused by Time Jacker Finis, the Daybreak Town Accident was prevented, the Humagear outbreak was successful, and Gai's secret plan of disposing Humagears after the accident backfired, leading to the suppression of humanity. Additionally, the Ark was successfully launched into space, creating Magias around the world and ruling over much of the planet. However, it also became an indirect help to Soreo Hiden, who used the Cycloneriser to transform into Kamen Rider Ichi-Gata to secretly help humanity. After Finis' defeat, the timeline was restored and the Ark met its original fate once again.
Even after the defeat of MetsubouJinrai.net, the Ark continues its crusade against humanity with occasional attacks by remotely hacking Humagears, who reached Singularity by feeling resentment towards any malicious human.Its actions are extremely unpredictable, to the point that even Gai cannot comprehend it himself. This went as far to make him decide to advocate the prohibition of Humagears.
Once it had sufficient data on human rage and aggression, the Ark was somehow instrumental in the creation of ZAIA's newest Progrisekey; the MetalCluster Hopper Progrisekey. When used, Aruto's consciousness is forcibly linked to the Ark. Other effects, aside from a berserker-like state, are unknown at this time. After the creation of the Progrise Hopper Blade, it eliminated that issue, being able to restore Aruto's connection to Zea as well as restore a Humagear's programming in Magias, rather than destroying them upon defeat. After that, with the data collected from Progrisekeys via the Thousand Jacker, the Rampage Gatling Progrisekey is created, which is later given to Isamu by Gai.
After the Ark's messager (who took the form of a long-haired Izu) finished gathering data on Zero-One and the other Riders, Aruto was suddenly uplinked into the Ark, where he catches a glimpse of Kamen Rider Ark-Zero before abruptly returning to Satellite Zea.
Powers and Abilities
- Humagear Corruption: After being awakened, the Ark is capable of directly hacking any Humagear who developed resentment toward humans and transform them into an Ark Magia.
According to Horobi, the corruption is only malicious data, so the rest is only up to the Humagear to follow this will, to which the Ark would try to make the result closest to possible on making that happen. This ability, however, has a weakness; if a Humagear chooses not to submit and has a stronger will to do what it must, the Humagear won't be corrupted.
- Soreo Hiden is an original generation Humagear who chose not submit to the Ark's corruption, as it was revealed that his love for his son made him immune to its malice. He was also acting to support Aruto behind the scenes and sabotaging the Ark's initial launch into space.
- Dr. Omigoto is the first latest Humagear to not submit to the Ark's corruption, as he has a stronger will to save his human patients.
- Enmusubi Match could have not accepted the Ark's corruption. However, Match chose to submit for his acting to help his client and was planning to revert to normal, which (unfortunately) couldn't be done at the time. Match also stated that once a Humagear submits either by will or not, it's near-impossible to fight back against the Ark's malice.
- Progrisekey Creation: After its reactivation, the Ark can create Progrisekeys in a similar method to the Hiden Intelligence Three Dimensional Printing System.
- Progrise Hopper Blade: The Progrise Hopper Blade is able to sever a Rider or Humagear's connection to the Ark, restoring a Magia to their original form and programming in the case of the later.
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Ark-Zero will soon be a playable character in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing.
Kamen Rider Ark-Zero
- Rider Height: TBA
- Rider Weight: TBA
- Punching Power: TBA
- Kicking Power: TBA
- Maximum Jump Height: TBA
- Maximum Running Speed: TBA
- Ark-Zero Driver - Transformation device
- Magia Zetsumerisekeys
- Assault Wolf Progrisekey (with Assault Grip)
- Amazing Caucasus Progrisekey
- Awaking Arsino Zetsumerisekey
- MetalCluster Hopper Progrisekey
- Rampage Gatling Progrisekey
Behind the Scenes
The Ark is voiced by Show Hayami (速水 奨 Hayami Shō).
- The name "Ark" is taken from the iconic biblical Noah's Ark, a vessel on which, at God's behest, Noah stored samples of all the species of the Earth during the Genesis flood. This allusion to the Genesis flood symbolizes the Ark's intention to punish humanity for its misdeeds, as the Genesis flood was God's punishment for humanity.
- When "Ark" is put together with the company name of ZAIA Enterprise, it forms the Japanese word for "sin" (罪悪 Zaiaku), hinting at ZAIA Enterprise's machinations behind the Ark turning evil.
- The interior of Ark is similar to Zea, but due to being exposed to the malice of humans, the "0"s and "1"s are replaced with kanji with negative meanings, such as:
- 殺 Killing
- 邪 Evil
- 悪 Evil
- 痛 Pain
- 滅 Destruction
- 亡 Death
- 死 Death
- 恨 Grudge
- 凶 Fierce
- 愚 Stupidity
- 戦 War
- 虐 Oppression
- 暗 Dark
- 怨 Antagonism
- 憎 Hate
- 獄 Prison/Hell
- 蔑 Contempt
- 争 Conflict
- Ark-Zero's design is heavily modified from Zero-One Rising Hopper.