|This article is about a/an episode in Kamen Rider Kiva.|
Applause: Motherly Dedicated Transformation (喝采・母に捧げる変身 Kassai: Haha ni Sasageru Henshin) is the thirty-first episode of Kamen Rider Kiva. This episode marks the first time that Megumi Aso & Yuri Aso become Kamen Rider Ixa & the death of Rook.
to be added
In 1986, as the Rook enjoys his award for beating Otoya and company, the guys mope until Yuri steals the Ixa Knuckle. As Otoya and Jiro run after her, she finds Rook, showing the "awesome item" as he takes the Ixa Knuckle instead and uses it to battle Otoya and Jiro. Ramon and Riki arrive shortly, but not even all three Arms Monsters, Otoya, and Yuri were a match for Rook. Fortunately, Ixa's side-effects manage to weaken the Rook as Yuri been planned all along. Enraged because he was tricked, the Lion Fangire snaps in a berserker rage as Otoya dons the Ixa suit, with the tables turned. In the middle of the fight, Otoya gives Yuri the Ixa Knuckle to finish the job, allowing her to fulfill her desire to defeat the Rook with the Ixa Knuckle at the right shoulder. But though she was still unable to kill him, she could finally put the past behind her as the Rook fades away to rest until he reawakens to start a new game.
In 2008, after learning that he is Kiva, Keisuke is shocked as he decides to takes Wataru on his apprentice to the dismay of Kengo, who runs off in rage before being found by Shima who tells him to consider . Wataru later meets up with Mio, as he tells her about how and his friend Taiga got separated. But the Bishop spirits Mio away to the Checkmate Four's base of operations, assigning her the task to destroy Kiva before introducing her to the King. While this all occurred, after reporting to Shima the new turn of events relating to the King, Megumi reveals to Mitsuhide that she was fighting in his place for their mother. After the siblings apologize to each other and finally understood each other. Later, Megumi, researches on 1st generation Blue Sky Organization report her mother wrote and finds the Rook's weakness, which her mother created during her final fight with Rook. Though she asks him for the Ixa Knukcle, Keisuke attempts to reason with her not to fight for another. Later, while telling her brother that she is staying, Aberu arrives to kill Mitsuhide after learning that he strangely won the lottery twice, with Megumi fighting off the Fangire to protect her brother from him until Keisuke arrives in Rising Ixa Form. But the Rook arrives to demand Megumi to kill him, attacking her when she failed to do it as Kiva arrives to fight the Lion Fangire off in Emperor Form. After the two Fangires switch opponents, with the Rook now intent to kill Ixa, Keisuke accepts Megumi's wish and allows her to use the Ixa System to finish off the Rook for good by targeting his shoulder with Ixa Calibur. While Megumi is relieved that one of her mother's unfinished affairs has been resolved, Nago oversees Kiva shattering the Warthog Fangire as Mio arrives to witness it before she assumes her true form to kill Kiva, the Pearlshell Fangire.
- Wataru Kurenai (紅 渡 Kurenai Wataru): Koji Seto (瀬戸 康史 Seto Kōji)
- Otoya Kurenai (紅 音也 Kurenai Otoya): Kouhei Takeda (武田 航平 Takeda Kōhei)
- Keisuke Nago (名護 啓介 Nago Keisuke): Keisuke Kato (加藤 慶祐 Katō Keisuke)
- Megumi Aso (麻生 恵 Asō Megumi): Nana Yanagisawa (柳沢 なな Yanagisawa Nana)
- Yuri Aso (麻生 ゆり Asō Yuri): Yu Takahashi (高橋 優 Takahashi Yū)
- Kengo Eritate (襟立 健吾 Eritate Kengo): Kouhei Kumai (熊井 幸平 Kumai Kōhei)
- Shizuka Nomura (野村 静香 Nomura Shizuka): Rina Koike (小池 里奈 Koike Rina)
- Kivat-bat the 3rd (キバットバットⅢ世 Kibattobatto Sansei, Voice): Tomokazu Sugita (杉田 智和 Sugita Tomokazu)
- Tatsulot (タツロット Tatsurotto, Voice): Akira Ishida (石田 彰 Ishida Akira)
- Jiro (次狼 Jirō): Kenji Matsuda (松田 賢二 Matsuda Kenji)
- Ramon (ラモン Ramon): Yuuki Ogoe (小越 勇輝 Ogoe Yūki)
- Riki (力 Riki): Eiji Takigawa (滝川 英治 Takigawa Eiji)
- Mio Suzuki (鈴木 深央 Suzuki Mio): Yuria Haga (芳賀 優里亜 Haga Yuria)
- Rook (ルーク Rūku): Tomohide Takahara (高原 知秀 Takahara Tomohide)
- Bishop (ビショップ Bishoppu): Mitsu Murata (村田 充 Murata Mitsu)
- Mamoru Shima (嶋 護 Shima Mamoru): Kazuhiko Kanayama (金山 一彦 Kanayama Kazuhiko)
- Mitsuhide Aso (麻生 光秀 Asō Mitsuhide): Masei Nakayama (中山 麻聖 Nakayama Masei)
- Aberu (阿鐘 Aberu): Akira Kubodera (窪寺 昭 Kubodera Akira)
- Akane Aso (麻生 茜 Asō Akane): Yuki Higashi (ひがし 由貴 Higashi Yuki)
- Wataru Kurenai(Child): Yohei Itagaki (板垣 陽平 Itagaki Yōhei)
- Taiga Nobori(Child): Yugo Kishizawa (岸澤 優吾 Kishizawa Yūgo)
- Child: Shota Tateishi (立石 翔大 Tateishi Shōta)
- Announcer: Hiroshi Yamaki (八巻 博史 Yamaki Hiroshi)
- Commentator: Takashi Kikuchi (菊池 隆志 Kikuchi Takashi)
Kiva: Kiva Form, Emperor Form
Ixa: Save Mode, Burst Mode, Rising Ixa
to be added
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Engine Sentai Go-Onger episode 29, GP 29: Stop Hiroto.
- Viewership: 5.9%
- Applause in music is when the audience of a musical perfomance stand up and clap thier hands in approval or just to show thier enjoyment of the performance, usually at the end of the show/act or the end of a musical piece.
- This marks the first time that Mio Suzuki turn into a Pearlshell Fangire.
Kamen Rider Kiva Volume 8 features episodes 29-32: When the Saints Go Marching In: I Am King, Curtain Raising: Kiva's Identity, Applause: Motherly Dedicated Transformation and New World: Another Kiva.
Blu-ray Box 2 comes with 16 episodes.