|This article is about a/an episode in Kamen Rider Zi-O.|
2006: Next Level Kabuto (2006：ネクスト・レベル・カブト Nisen-roku: Nekusuto Reberu Kabuto) is the thirty-seventh episode of Kamen Rider Zi-O. It is the first part of the Kamen Rider Kabuto tribute arc. Thus, it features the return of Arata Kagami, Sou Yaguruma, and Shun Kageyama, portrayed by Yuuki Sato, Hidenori Tokuyama, and Masato Uchiyama, respectively. It also features the return of Tsukasa Kadoya after his last appearance in episode 28, and the debut of Woz Ginga Wakusei.
Recently several meteorites are colliding in the city! Furthermore, an extraterrestrial race known as Worms start to emerge from these meteorites! Earth is in the midst of a deep crisis as Sougo goes off to search the city for Kamen Rider Gatack! But not only did Sougo find Gatack, but Another Rider also appeared...
Continuity and Placement
- Kamen Rider Kabuto: 13 years after the end of the season finale.
Meanwhile at 95 DO, Sougo and co are watching the news about meteor falls, wondering if Kamen Rider Ginga is responsible of this phenomenon. In the news however, the reporter is transformed into a monster, attacking the cameraman. Woz said that said monster is Worm, creatures that can mimic humans, and noted that Kamen Rider Kabuto used to fight them. Geiz wonders if this is a clue to Kabuto Ridewatch...
Sougo asks Tsukuyomi to come with him, leaving Geiz with Woz (again). When they're running towards the destination, Tsukuyomi asks about the recent appearances of Another Riders, noting that the rule of "Another Rider cannot co-exists with the original Rider" is changing as Kazuma Kenzaki is still Blade and Shouichi Tsugami is still Agito. But Sougo is not hampered about this curious turn of event, because this means he can meet the senior Riders, much to the girl's exasperation.
Geiz and Woz arrive to a point of impact of the meteor when they're attacked by some Worms. Geiz transforms into FaizArmor and Woz transforms into Futuring Kikai. They're winning easily when a Worm molted, assaulting Geiz in incredible speed. Woz explains that when a Worm molts, it can use an increased speed ability, Clock Up. Fighting speed with speed, Geiz changes form into GeizRevive Shippu while Woz into Futuring Shinobi, and successfully defeat them.
Sougo and Tsukuyomi go into the news site and also attacked by Worms. Sougo transforms into Zi-O II, but he is swarmed until a heavy armored Rider comes to help him. But, someone with incredible speed attacks them. The heavily armored Rider changes form into a sleeker one, and begin to fight the unknown assailant with incredible speed.
The fierce battle destroys the debris, threatening civilians. Tsukuyomi once again uses her time stopping power, realizing that it's becoming stronger. Swartz, who observes this, notes that she is nearly awakened as Tsukasa Kadoya approaches him. Tsukasa asks if Swartz intends to control Tsukuyomi...
Meanwhile, Sougo is caught in the crossfire, until he uses the future prediction ability and knocks the assailant, revealing himself as Kamen Rider Punch Hopper. As they move to defeat him, Another Kabuto appears and took the opposite Rider away. The allied rider de-transforms and introduces himself as Arata Kagami, Kamen Rider Gatack.
Sougo invites Arata to 95 DO and he explains that he is affiliated with ZECT, an organization tasked at protecting humanity from Worms. Sougo doesn't know about ZECT though, and this confuses the senior Rider. Moving on, his mission now is to defeat Shun Kageyama, who died some years back and now is mimicked by Worm, but his sworn brother Sou Yaguruma, the identity of Another Kabuto, is protecting him. Arata leaves the shop, before wondering why Shibuya looks so advanced after utterly destroyed by meteor in 1999. Sougo also doesn't know about this, leaving Arata confused.
In the city, Tsukuyomi is moping about her ability when Geiz arrives and assures her not to worry. Suddenly Tsukasa appears, he explains that the time-space continuum is on chaos, and want to investigate it. He offers Tsukuyomi to accompany him as this maybe has a connection to her origin. In the end, Tsukuyomi follows Tsukasa. They arrive in the year 2058.
Sougo and Woz are wondering in the city when Shun approaches them. He asks Sougo's help to save his sworn brother that is becoming a monster. Sougo agrees despite Woz's hesitation, and follow the Worm mimic into a factory.
Shun attacks him from behind, but foiled by WozGinga. Apparently Sougo predicted this trap, and asks Woz to foil it. The Worm transforms into Punch Hopper, with Another Kabuto assisting him. Arata also appears as he directly fight Shun. As the battle commences, suddenly Sougo detects a giant meteor threatens to fall down to Japan. He immediately change form to FourzeArmor to deal with it, leaving Woz fighting the Another Rider.
Another Kabuto's speed proves to be too much for Woz however, and he change form into Wakusei to counter it with an area attack. The monstrous Rider is exploded... but in the midst of flame, stands Kamen Rider Kick Hopper. He assault Woz with a Rider Kick, only to escape afterwards.
In space, Sougo destroy the meteor with Limit Time Break, only to see yet another meteor behind it... a huge one at that. He laments in despair...
- Sougo Tokiwa (常磐 ソウゴ Tokiwa Sōgo): So Okuno (奥野 壮 Okuno Sō)
- Geiz Myokoin (明光院 ゲイツ Myōkōin Geitsu): Gaku Oshida (押田 岳 Oshida Gaku)
- Tsukuyomi (ツクヨミ): Shieri Ohata (大幡 しえり Ōhata Shieri)
- Black Woz (黑ウォズ Kuro Wozu): Keisuke Watanabe (渡邊 圭祐 Watanabe Keisuke)
- Heure (ウール Ūru): Rihito Itagaki (板垣 李光人 Itagaki Rihito)
- Swartz (スウォルツ Suworutsu): Kentaro Kanesaki (兼崎 健太郎 Kanesaki Kentarō)
- Junichiro Tokiwa (常磐 順一郎 Tokiwa Jun'ichirō): Katsuhisa Namase (生瀬 勝久 Namase Katsuhisa)
- Ziku-Driver, Ridewatch Voices: Rikiya Koyama (小山 力也 Koyama Rikiya)
- Ziku-Driver Voice: Yohei Onishi (大西 洋平 Ōnishi Yōhei)
- BeyonDriver Voice: AFRO (アフロ Afuro)
- Arata Kagami (加賀美 新 Kagami Arata): Yuuki Sato (佐藤 祐基 Satō Yūki)
- Sou Yaguruma (矢車 想 Yaguruma Sō): Hidenori Tokuyama (徳山 秀典 Tokuyama Hidenori)
- Shun Kageyama (影山 瞬 Kageyama Shun): Masato Uchiyama (内山 眞人 Uchiyama Masato)
- Tsukasa Kadoya (門矢 士 Kadoya Tsukasa): Masahiro Inoue (井上 正大 Inoue Masahiro)
- Zecters Voice: Surage Gajria (スラージ・ガジリア Surāji Gajiria)
- Swartz (Teen): Tenma Naruse (成瀬天馬 Naruse Tenma)
- Tsukuyomi (Child): Yui Matsushima (松島由依 Matsushima Yui)
- Kamen Rider Zi-O: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Kamen Rider Geiz: Yuya Nawata (縄田 雄哉 Nawata Yūya)
- Kamen Rider Woz: Eitoku (永德)
- Kamen Rider Gatack: Yuji Nakata (中田 裕士 Nakata Yūji)
- Kamen Rider KickHopper: Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧 Fujita Satoshi)
- Kamen Rider PunchHopper: Kosuke Asai (浅井宏輔 Asai Kōsuke)
- Another Kabuto: Yasunari Tsukagoshi (塚越 靖誠 Tsukagoshi Yasunari)
Forms and Collectibles Used
- Watch used:
- Rider Armor(s) used:
- Watch used:
- Futurering(s) used:
- Futurering Kikai, Futurering Shinobi, Woz GingaFinaly, Woz GingaWakusei
Other Form Changes
- A Salis Worm transformed into a Gryllus Worm although they are two different species in the original series.
- Although the Gatack Zecter has a unique voice, the "Clock Up" sound used, as well the second "Cast Off" (Though not the first) is that of the other Kabuto Riders.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger episode 11, Ep. 11: The Quiz King of Flames.
- Closing Screen Ridewatches:
- Kamen Rider: Zi-O, Geiz, Woz
- Zi-O: Fourze
- Geiz: GeizRevive (Shippu)
- Woz: Ginga (Wakusei)
- Count at episode end
- Watches in Zi-O's possession: Zi-O, Build, Ex-Aid, Fourze, OOO, OOO Tadajol Combo, Gaim, Kodama, W, Kuuga, Decade, Zi-O II, Ryuki, Zi-O Trinity, Blade, Chalice, Agito, Hibiki, Kiva, Phone, Bike
- Watches in Geiz's possession: Geiz, Ghost, Cross-Z, Drive, Faiz, Wizard, Genm, Knight, Geiz Revive, Phone, Bike
- Watches in Tsukuyomi's possession: Phone, Taka
- Watches in Woz’s possession: Woz, Shinobi, Quiz, Kikai, Ginga, Phone
- As a Kamen Rider Kabuto tribute arc:
- The title of this episode is a reference to NEXT LEVEL, the opening theme of Kabuto.
- Additionally, this episode's opening sequence also briefly begins with NEXT LEVEL's scene with the Worm wings and then changed into Over "Quartzer".
- Yaguruma protecting the fake Kageyama is referring to the reason that Yaguruma in fact, only choose to kill Kageyama during his past because it's Kageyama's wish as Yaguruma still cared with Kageyama when he was turned into a Native.
- Interestingly, all three returning Legend Riders in this arc have all been users of Kamen Rider TheBee at some point.
- Following after the Kiva tribute, this arc features the soundtrack from Kamen Rider Kabuto.
- Woz's post-finishing pose and quoting after defeating Another Kabuto probably references but mimics Souji Tendou's 'point to the sky' pose after defeating a Worm.
- The appearance of the colossal meteor behind the one destroyed by Zi-O brings to mind the events of Kamen Rider Kabuto: God Speed Love.
- The title of this episode is a reference to NEXT LEVEL, the opening theme of Kabuto.
- Kamen Rider Geiz using the FaizArmor at the beginning of the episode may reference the fact that Faiz Axel can move at lightspeed similarly to the ZECT Riders' Clock Up.
- Kamen Rider PunchHopper uses the Clock Up ability for the first time on screen in this episode. Kamen Rider Gatack also demonstrates the ability to launch blades of energy with the Gatack Calibur, an attack never seen or mentioned before.
- Kamen Rider Gatack and PunchHopper's suits are visibly worn out, though not to the same degree as the Kamen Rider Kabuto suit seen previously.
- Kamen Rider Zi-O II's counter Clock Up stab is similar to the way of his Another Rider counterpart fought against GeizRevive Shippu in episode 27.
- Interestingly, this is also similarly close on how Tsukasa defeated a matured Worm during his first time in Kabuto's World by using Kuuga Pegasus' enhanced sense, especially with Tsukasa is appeared again in Kabuto's arc of Zi-O.
- Probably due to the filter or the suits' damage, some Salis Worms variants are colored black/dark green in this episode.
- Possibly due to undisclosed space-time anomalies, the destruction caused by the Shibuya Meteor Strike has disappeared, and Sougo has no knowledge about it at all, much to the confusion of Kagami.
- The instrumental version of Black&White, Woz's theme song is played in this episode first time, and followed by next episode as regular song debut.
- TV Asahi's official episode guide for 2006：ネクスト・レベル・カブト
- Heisei 20's official episode guide for 2006：ネクスト・レベル・カブト